Jump to content
SportsWrath

Toney no show at voluntary workouts.


Recommended Posts

Doesn't get paid to be smart...gets paid to catch and run.  He does that, all will be well.

That said, would be nice to see him get some timing down with Jones...assuming Jones is even there and throwing.  Would also be nice to get work in what will be a new playbook.  But we all pretty much see this season as a lost cause, so I wouldn't be surprise if players had some of that too on some level.

Next year, say Jones has shown something and is extended.  Maybe there is more desire to build upon that.  But if it's a lost season and Jones is gone...than what good is that work now?

I dunno...my work ethic says go to work and do my best...but the liklihood of an injury ending my career is nonexistent...so I can understand their hesitancy a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Doesn't get paid to be smart...gets paid to catch and run.  He does that, all will be well.

That's one of the problems... he doesn't do that. 424 yards last year, and half of that came in one game. 

If you're Odell Beckham and you had 1400 yards and 12 TDs the year before, you can skip the voluntary workouts... that's not Kadarius Toney. Most NFL fans have probably never heard of him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

That's one of the problems... he doesn't do that. 424 yards last year, and half of that came in one game. 

If you're Odell Beckham and you had 1400 yards and 12 TDs the year before, you can skip the voluntary workouts... that's not Kadarius Toney. Most NFL fans have probably never heard of him. 

Most thought we took him too early anyway, right?  Like he wasn't expected to go when he did.  So with that and his injuries and the Judge debacle, I'll give him a pass on last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Most thought we took him too early anyway, right?  Like he wasn't expected to go when he did.  So with that and his injuries and the Judge debacle, I'll give him a pass on last year.

He was considered a bottom of the first round type of WR, and that's pretty much where he went. 

The biggest issues so far have been all the off the field stuff with the kid.

Shows up to practice without cleats then hurts his feet wearing the wrong sized ones. 

Is constantly injured throughout the year.

Gets Covid not once but twice.

Then he gets ejected from a game for throwing a punch. 

I don't care about the rap stuff or not showing up to the volunteer OTA stuff but I just hope he gets his head into football this year.

I can forgive last year your a rookie you don't know what the NFL is gonna be like, in college you could probably get away with showing up to one or two meetings or practices a week and still going off on gameday. 

Can't do that in the NFL anymore. 

Your playing against the best , so you got to practice and train like the best.  

He's a dynamic player just hope his head is in the right spot going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

He was considered a bottom of the first round type of WR, and that's pretty much where he went. 

The biggest issues so far have been all the off the field stuff with the kid.

Shows up to practice without cleats then hurts his feet wearing the wrong sized ones. 

Is constantly injured throughout the year.

Gets Covid not once but twice.

Then he gets ejected from a game for throwing a punch. 

I don't care about the rap stuff or not showing up to the volunteer OTA stuff but I just hope he gets his head into football this year.

I can forgive last year your a rookie you don't know what the NFL is gonna be like, in college you could probably get away with showing up to one or two meetings or practices a week and still going off on gameday. 

Can't do that in the NFL anymore. 

Your playing against the best , so you got to practice and train like the best.  

He's a dynamic player just hope his head is in the right spot going forward.

I think we're getting a window into why he had a hard time getting on the field at Florida too. When he played, he was often the best player on the field. But he played so little. 

Personally, I had Toney rated very highly as a player, I only liked Chase and that skinny ass Eagles receiver guy (he's an Eagle now so fuck 'em) better. He wasn't even remotely on my radar for a Giants pick though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, he's made some poor choices, but it isn't anything major...yet.

I do hope he gets down to business this year and hopefully the new coaching staff gets him producing on a consistent basis.

Of course, I am hoping the same for Golloday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude didn't show up for workouts. 

Then didn't have the right cleats.  Then got hurt with the wrong cleats. 

Then got COVID.

Then got injured. 

Then got COVID... again.

Then punched someone in his one good game. 

And that was pretty much it... until now where he's not showing up for workouts again.  

 

That's not all "just bad luck," some of those are "just bad decisions."   He's nobody right now and needs to start acting like he wants to play in the NFL or he won't be for long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The issue with him seems to be when he could do something in good faith, he does the opposite. Like was said earlier, any extra work the offense can get in right now is pretty important.

He is going to be a problem down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

There's rumors we can get a 2nd for Toney and if that's the case, I think the Giants should do it. This is not going to end well. 

I don't know...the WR class is pretty damn deep apparently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

Has he given any indication why he’s not showing up?

Not that I know of.

But still you have guys who signed vet minimum one year contracts with the Giants such as the WR James who's apparently shown up ready to play at camp.

And our first round pick can't be bothered to show up.

The entire team has but not Toney. 

Lol  

Missing workouts sure I get it you have your own private trainers and such not that big of a deal, but this is real camp, this is getting to learn the new coaches the new drills the new scheme. 

Outside of the death of a family member or the birth of your kid should you be missing a chance to practicing with the entire team.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also to note Daboll is not giving out playbooks virtually and so far all reports are he has some exotic looking shit so far in camp.

You have to be in attendance to get the playbook.

Guess which player doesn't have the playbook?

Toney.

This kid is making it sure hard to love him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...