SportsWrath

Toney no show at voluntary workouts.

BlueInCanada

I mean if we can get a trade for a player or a third or something.

At this point with the rumors flying around and the no show the Toney is, both sides probably just want to get a fresh start. 

But who knows.

If Toney is gone DG sets an NFL record apparently.

He'll will be the only GM with two first round picks that aren't on the team beyond their first year.

Baker and Toney. 

Yeah...no way he gets traded for a 3rd given it may cost the Giants cap space if he's traded before June 1st...putting him behind on any other team.

Not to mention...teams will undoubtedly ask what's wrong with him that the Giants are giving up on him this early.

I can let a lot slide given it was a shitshow last year with Judge and the disaster that was our offense...being unmotivated, unready, and even disinterested.  But the chance is now to turn the tide and if he's choosing to not even return a phone call...the hell with him.  Take a 4th or 5th and move on.  Or better yet, be a dick, pick up his 5th yr option and let him rot for 4 years

I smell head games. I'm sure everyone is available at the right price, but I don't see a realistic path forward where they move Toney and can clear enough space too. 

I like what they're doing here. They can't cut Toney for not showing to voluntary work, they can't materially hold it against him, but they can do this.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, Herc said:

He was exciting for two games, but we all know how this ends 

On 4/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, Sephiroth said:

Don'tCareious Toney. 

On 4/22/2022 at 7:41 PM, jranieli said:

What's he going to do with that back tattoo?

On 4/22/2022 at 8:18 PM, BlueInCanada said:

I mean if we can get a trade for a player or a third or something.

At this point with the rumors flying around and the no show the Toney is, both sides probably just want to get a fresh start. 

But who knows.

If Toney is gone DG sets an NFL record apparently.

He'll will be the only GM with two first round picks that aren't on the team beyond their first year.

Baker and Toney. 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:08 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Also the fact that Toney hasn't had any contact with the team.

The guy hasn't even picked up the playbook yet.

Like Jesus Christ what a first impression on your new boss lol 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, jranieli said:

Doubt we can get a 3rd for him. Who knows. 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, gmenroc said:

Yeah...no way he gets traded for a 3rd given it may cost the Giants cap space if he's traded before June 1st...putting him behind on any other team.

Not to mention...teams will undoubtedly ask what's wrong with him that the Giants are giving up on him this early.

I can let a lot slide given it was a shitshow last year with Judge and the disaster that was our offense...being unmotivated, unready, and even disinterested.  But the chance is now to turn the tide and if he's choosing to not even return a phone call...the hell with him.  Take a 4th or 5th and move on.  Or better yet, be a dick, pick up his 5th yr option and let him rot for 4 years

14 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I smell head games. I'm sure everyone is available at the right price, but I don't see a realistic path forward where they move Toney and can clear enough space too. 

I like what they're doing here. They can't cut Toney for not showing to voluntary work, they can't materially hold it against him, but they can do this.

Fuck him.... let him ride a bench and get splinters in his ass for a year or two.  If I am the Giants if I don't get something for him eat his salary and make an example out of him.  Tired of prima donna receivers.  This ain't college boy. ;)

has the story changed? Initially it was 'we've been in touch and had good conversations'. Now they're saying Toney isn't even in touch with the team? 

update: supposedly Toney flew in over the weekend/this morning. And in the latest reports on trade possibility, he is 'a valued asset'. 

I don't think he's going anywhere.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

has the story changed? Initially it was 'we've been in touch and had good conversations'. Now they're saying Toney isn't even in touch with the team? 

update: supposedly Toney flew in over the weekend/this morning. And in the latest reports on trade possibility, he is 'a valued asset'. 

I don't think he's going anywhere.

The guy strikes me as an arrogant dumbass.   Sure the "talent" is there but who gives a shit if you're going to be a diva.  

3 minutes ago, Nas said:

The guy strikes me as an arrogant dumbass.   Sure the "talent" is there but who gives a shit if you're going to be a diva.  

I think you have that backwards... sure he's a diva, but who gives a shit if the talent is there. 

of course, his 'talent' is still a huge 'IF'....

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think you have that backwards... sure he's a diva, but who gives a shit if the talent is there. 

of course, his 'talent' is still a huge 'IF'....

Talent can only work if you put in the work with your teammates... last I checked football is a team sport.   What good is running really fast and being able to catch the ball if you're not there where the ball is?

31 minutes ago, Nas said:

Talent can only work if you put in the work with your teammates... last I checked football is a team sport.   What good is running really fast and being able to catch the ball if you're not there where the ball is?

true. well, we'll see soon enough if he's on the wrong page from the rest of the offense. 

12 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Nothing gets me fired up for some football quite like putting weights back on the rack.

its probably only to proved photographic evidence he’s there, to the people losing their minds over voluntary workouts. 

1 hour ago, Psycho said:

its probably only to proved photographic evidence he’s there, to the people losing their minds over voluntary workouts. 

indeed. But unfortunately it doesn't provide photo evidence he's actually working out. The pitch forks are still out.