SportsWrath

Flores/Watson

Mr. P

Well this is one thing we can thank gettleman for: not realizing he had to start winning and instead trading down for future picks.  Now everyone wants to come here.

im really not a fan of Watson coming here.  That’s not just one woman accusing him

13 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I like the look and feel of all of these guys that P Dub has listed.  Football men all of them.  No Caine Mutiny bullshit like Judge either.  Watson is a TV case if there ever was one.  I say no on him.

I really like Watson... I wonder if he did what he's accused of given that celebs always draw attention.   It could be my bias because I like the guy... he just doesn't strike me as a scum... but until all of that is cleared up, it's a no for now... just being practical.    Besides, he'll get killed behind the current OL anyway so build the OL first then go get a QB.  

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

A guy who was a winning coach with those Miami rosters?

please olease. 

He made a mediocre roster slightly less mediocre.

They had some surprise wins, but he also played hot potato at QB like it was going out of style, and could never beat the teams when it mattered.

Let's not forget too all the drama behind the scenes apparently.

Wouldn't piss me off, but I think he's at the bottom of my list for guys I'd want to hire.

3 minutes ago, Nas said:

I really like Watson... I wonder if he did what he's accused of given that celebs always draw attention.   It could be my bias because I like the guy... he just doesn't strike me as a scum... but until all of that is cleared up, it's a no for now... just being practical.    Besides, he'll get killed behind the current OL anyway so build the OL first then go get a QB.  

His Oline in Houston was trash too and he's still a top 5 QB when he played.

Excess drama is too be avoided at this time.  If you have a comparable guy with less drama you go that route IMHO.  This "I alone can fix it" garbage that the asshole uttered in a country of 330 million people was pure insanity.  I think it is the same with football coaching IMHO.  There are at least fifty people who can come in under a good GM and have decent to good results.

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

His Oline in Houston was trash too and he's still a top 5 QB when he played.

Correct which is why I like him… but a QB is once hit away from retirement so we do need to focus on the OL… and by the time the dust settles with him, we can then make our move (we need time to free up some cap space… at least a year)

39 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I have no interest in dealing with Watson's suspension when it comes.  

Then again, we could bring him on, roll with DJ next year and have DW in wings for 2023...

Id much rather wait till the dust settles… we’ll need that time to get ready for him both with the OL and cap space anyway.

Deshaun Watson can go play for Philly when they get fed up of Jalen Hurts, which may be next season.  They rehabbed Vick, so he should be a doddle.

Giants have made it clear the GM is picking the coach, so I'd expect Flores to be gone by then. Rumor is Houston is where he ends up.

23 hours ago, Nas said:

Correct which is why I like him… but a QB is once hit away from retirement so we do need to focus on the OL… and by the time the dust settles with him, we can then make our move (we need time to free up some cap space… at least a year)

Yes but he has Hops & Fuller as wideouts. Not scrubs. Galloday will not repeat his numbers he had in Det.