SportsWrath

Flores/Watson

Mr. P

Flores is definitely my top choice for coach....think he will be a good fit here and players will respond to him rather than some fat white boy.

Watson - Ill pass - Id still go with Jones - the kid's having to play for his 3rd coach and 4th OC in 3 years - thats not an easy task. He has not been put in any kind of situation to succeed and to suddenly bail on him because you didnt give him a chance is not fair.

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Flores is definitely my top choice for coach....think he will be a good fit here and players will respond to him rather than some fat white boy.

Watson - Ill pass - Id still go with Jones - the kid's having to play for his 3rd coach and 4th OC in 3 years - thats not an easy task. He has not been put in any kind of situation to succeed and to suddenly bail on him because you didnt give him a chance is not fair.

I agree with this (DJ).   I don't know much about coaches so I'll leave that up to those of you who know more than me.

With respect to DJ, I do feel he needs a fair shake and given him a chance to succeed is only right.   Meanwhile, Watson has legal issues which we can do without.   Now if a year or 2 from now, Watson legal woes are over (and he's available) with and DJ proves he's not up to the task, then we can revisit this issue... as mentioned before, the Giants need time to get their cap situation under control. 

DJ was creating turnovers left and right when he had time.  He was just starting to turn that corner a bit when injuries became a factor.

Between injuries, inconsistencies...he has had opportunity...but some of that is on him.  I have said he should get this year only because there isn't a QB in the draft worth picking in top 10 and because no QB is going to succeed with our offensive line.

So give him the year, but his seat is going to be awfully hot.  

On 1/19/2022 at 8:29 PM, gmenroc said:

DJ was creating turnovers left and right when he had time.  He was just starting to turn that corner a bit when injuries became a factor.

Between injuries, inconsistencies...he has had opportunity...but some of that is on him.  I have said he should get this year only because there isn't a QB in the draft worth picking in top 10 and because no QB is going to succeed with our offensive line.

So give him the year, but his seat is going to be awfully hot.  

Well put. Thats all I want to give him. One more year with a better OL and less injuries. Giants were the most injured team in the NFL this year - in the last 18 years apparently. With a more offensively capable HC like Daboll or even Flores who turned Tua around - id want to give him a chance for sure. The kid is good. I feel he is starter material. Lets see

5 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Well put. Thats all I want to give him. One more year with a better OL and less injuries. Giants were the most injured team in the NFL this year - in the last 18 years apparently. With a more offensively capable HC like Daboll or even Flores who turned Tua around - id want to give him a chance for sure. The kid is good. I feel he is starter material. Lets see

I will say though that a more competant backup needs brought in though...to potentially compete for the job.