SportsWrath

Jones to start Sunday vs Rams

Mr. P

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

OMG... what the fuck for... I would sit down.  Fuck Judge... fuck Garrett and double fuck Gettleman and Mara too.  He does not have anyone in his life to tell him no.  If I was his Old Man I would tell him to sit the fuck down for his own future life and well being.

Jones could possibly have a great game and win us the game... still that doesn't excuse this move.... Now it could be the kid didn't have a concussion afterall... even if he looked a bit wobbly out there... And even then I would sit him to be on the safe side. 

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

A dumb decision like this is more fuel for the firings! Gettleman needs to be gone on Monday.

10 hours ago, Nas said:

Jones could possibly have a great game and win us the game... still that doesn't excuse this move.... Now it could be the kid didn't have a concussion afterall... even if he looked a bit wobbly out there... And even then I would sit him to be on the safe side. 

5 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Guys....guys...settle down. It's gonna be alright, okay? It's gonna be alright. This is part of the process. 

5 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

It's a bad look for the Giants and the NFL.  A lot of the country saw the dude stumble back to the huddle and have to be carried off.  Back a week later.  I would say the NFL's concussion protocol is shit.

This is horrible.  The future is worth way more than one game.  He should care about being able to read his kid a bed time story than some game to save Judge's coaching life.  This is a no decision for me.  I would sit down case closed.  What they going to do... fire me?  Good luck on that.

13 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

the flip side of this... if the doctors clear the kid, why wouldn't he play?

Agreed however doctors can be wrong too… why not err on the side of caution.   I can see where there was no concussion…. About a year ago I got slammed while in traffic… although we were al a low speed the hit was hard which caused my head to snap back and slam onto the headrest… for a few minutes after the hit I was out of it and could barely speak to the 911 operator… after that things cleared up and I waved the ambulance and told the guy who hit me and the cops that I’m fine…. I’m thinking Jones got the wind knocked out him…. And just got up too quickly.

4 minutes ago, Nas said:

Agreed however doctors can be wrong too… why not err on the side of caution.   I can see where there was no concussion…. About a year ago I got slammed while in traffic… although we were al a low speed the hit was hard which caused my head to snap back and slam onto the headrest… for a few minutes after the hit I was out of it and could barely speak to the 911 operator… after that things cleared up and I waved the ambulance and told the guy who hit me and the cops that I’m fine…. I’m thinking Jones got the wind knocked out him…. And just got up too quickly.

the counter point to 'why not err on the side of caution is', players want to play, and the locker room would break from the coaching staff if the coaches hold out a medically cleared player. 

my concern/fear is that Jones maybe read up on how to beat the concussion protocol. 

having read more about Jones post game and the protocol itself I'm not quite so concerned about that anymore. Apparently he was perfectly normal immediately after the game and read a book on the ride home.

So --- hopefully --- those jelly legs were more about coming off a hard rep and it was like 'leg day' out there. 

8 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

the counter point to 'why not err on the side of caution is', players want to play, and the locker room would break from the coaching staff if the coaches hold out a medically cleared player. 

my concern/fear is that Jones maybe read up on how to beat the concussion protocol. 

having read more about Jones post game and the protocol itself I'm not quite so concerned about that anymore. Apparently he was perfectly normal immediately after the game and read a book on the ride home.

So --- hopefully --- those jelly legs were more about coming off a hard rep and it was like 'leg day' out there. 

Point taken.  

15 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

speaking of.... today is leg day. 

I plan on being nearly unable to walk by game time. I'm going to look like a woozy Daniel Jones when I get off the coach to get a beer. 

😂 I started going back to the gym a week ago.  4 days of working out (without killing myself) and it feels great.

18 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

speaking of.... today is leg day. 

I plan on being nearly unable to walk by game time. I'm going to look like a woozy Daniel Jones when I get off the coach to get a beer. 

like a newborn baby deer.