Jump to content
SportsWrath

Jones early injury report "pretty bad"


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

What’s the problem?!?!  Just pull something right?!?!   Ahhhhhhh

A hamstring is a bitch of an injury.... you can’t rush it.    And if you do, you may it a lot worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Smh damn that really sucks. Really miss Eli’s toughness on days like today. He would have rubbed some dirt on it and kept playing. 
 

Really hope he doesn’t miss more than a week. With the East being the dumpster fire of the NFL, this season is actually fun to watch. 
 

Thinking about it, I think this team has just as good a chance as any. Defense is playing amazing. What did they allow, 9 points yesterday? O-line seems to play better every week. Jones has made serious strides in not turning the ball over. 
 

They were still in most games they lost in the last minute. Even against good teams. I think they’d have a much better chance going forward to win those games. 
 

Im loving the way Joe Judge is slowly making every aspect of the team better each week. The entire team is steadily improving. I for one am excited about the direction this team is heading. If They can have a productive offseason, next year they will hit the ground running. 
 

Sucks Jones is down, but I’m gonna enjoy first place, regardless of how undeserving it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JayD said:

Smh damn that really sucks. Really miss Eli’s toughness on days like today. He would have rubbed some dirt on it and kept playing. 
 

Really hope he doesn’t miss more than a week. With the East being the dumpster fire of the NFL, this season is actually fun to watch. 
 

Thinking about it, I think this team has just as good a chance as any. Defense is playing amazing. What did they allow, 9 points yesterday? O-line seems to play better every week. Jones has made serious strides in not turning the ball over. 
 

They were still in most games they lost in the last minute. Even against good teams. I think they’d have a much better chance going forward to win those games. 
 

Im loving the way Joe Judge is slowly making every aspect of the team better each week. The entire team is steadily improving. I for one am excited about the direction this team is heading. If They can have a productive offseason, next year they will hit the ground running. 
 

Sucks Jones is down, but I’m gonna enjoy first place, regardless of how undeserving it is. 

Nope.  Wrong answer.   This has shit to do with toughness.  A hamstring injury hamstrings the person, pun intended.  
Toughness is when I wrapped what was later revealed to a fractured ankle heavily with duct tape and went back on the field.... stupidity is when I tried that same exact toughness with a hamstring injury... there’s a fine line.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nas said:

Nope.  Wrong answer.   This has shit to do with toughness.  A hamstring injury hamstrings the person, pun intended.  
Toughness is when I wrapped what was later revealed to a fractured ankle heavily with duct tape and went back on the field.... stupidity is when I tried that same exact toughness with a hamstring injury... there’s a fine line.

 

 

Yeah this isn't a "just tape it up and take some painkillers" type of injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yeah this isn't a "just tape it up and take some painkillers" type of injury. 

Neither was Eli’s shoulder back in 07. He couldn’t throw a 10 yard pass in practice that week. I think the doctor told him he’d be out a month. Yet the guy was in the field come game day that very week. 
 

That’s not to say I think Jones should be able to play, just saying I miss that guys toughness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JayD said:

Neither was Eli’s shoulder back in 07. He couldn’t throw a 10 yard pass in practice that week. I think the doctor told him he’d be out a month. Yet the guy was in the field come game day that very week. 
 

That’s not to say I think Jones should be able to play, just saying I miss that guys toughness. 

It’s not about pain tolerance.   Hamstring fucks up your performance big time.   Not to mention if he toughs it out, he will definitely make it a lot worse.   Remember what happened to Griffin III.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Considering this is a lost season anyway, and given DJ has shown me enough to know he has a future here, I'd say don't rush him back. 

I think he needs all the game time experience he can get.

Don't rush him back but hopefully he can play a couple more games this year.

2 hours ago, JayD said:

Neither was Eli’s shoulder back in 07. He couldn’t throw a 10 yard pass in practice that week. I think the doctor told him he’d be out a month. Yet the guy was in the field come game day that very week. 
 

That’s not to say I think Jones should be able to play, just saying I miss that guys toughness. 

Eli was one of a kind though a true old school iron of the game.

I fear Jones is going to be the type of guy to miss a game or two a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nas said:

Nope.  Wrong answer.   This has shit to do with toughness.  A hamstring injury hamstrings the person, pun intended.  
Toughness is when I wrapped what was later revealed to a fractured ankle heavily with duct tape and went back on the field.... stupidity is when I tried that same exact toughness with a hamstring injury... there’s a fine line.

 

 

Have you told the giants medical team about this wondertape?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Have you told the giants medical team about this wondertape?

Why do you seem to think no one can be this fucking tough?   Some of us were born in different places on this planet where the luxuries you take for granted didn't exist.   True story... I was tackled from behind where the linebacker's knee landed squarely on my ankle... we heard a crack.... I got up and was in pain.... the tackler ran all the way back to the end zone... later I was told he was scared of what he'd heard... I limped to my car... had duct tape in the trunk... taped it heavily and continued playing... later in the ER it was a fracture... yea in that sense I maybe  a much tougher cookie than you... I just don't know why your feelings would get hurt by that... 

The Giants medical team haven't' heard my advice about yoga for years... what makes you think they'll listen now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Jones avoided major injury according to Ian Rapoport. Could be back on the field this week. Outside chance to play on Sun v Hawks he said

I'm lightly touching my nipples...for good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...