SportsWrath

Jones early injury report "pretty bad"

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Jones avoided major injury according to Ian Rapoport. Could be back on the field this week. Outside chance to play on Sun v Hawks he said

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30423121/mri-new-york-giants-qb-daniel-jones-shows-strained-hamstring-source-says%3fplatform=amp

espn seems less optimistic about him

Playing this week  but no tear is great news 

7 hours ago, Nas said:

Why do you seem to think no one can be this fucking tough?   Some of us were born in different places on this planet where the luxuries you take for granted didn't exist.   True story... I was tackled from behind where the linebacker's knee landed squarely on my ankle... we heard a crack.... I got up and was in pain.... the tackler ran all the way back to the end zone... later I was told he was scared of what he'd heard... I limped to my car... had duct tape in the trunk... taped it heavily and continued playing... later in the ER it was a fracture... yea in that sense I maybe  a much tougher cookie than you... I just don't know why your feelings would get hurt by that... 

The Giants medical team haven't' heard my advice about yoga for years... what makes you think they'll listen now?

I need to tape up my feelings with that  duct tape.

I'll reach out to Ronnie about the yoga, let him know.

you would hope that McCoy can be decent enough with a whole week of practice with the 1st team.

Danny needs 2 weeks of rest and then get back in good shape for the Cards game. ( and be fully fit for the last 4 )

Our D can keep this game relatively close as long as our " safe" Offense can run the football 

.......oh and Eli is unsigned .... just saying !

51 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

you would hope that McCoy can be decent enough with a whole week of practice with the 1st team.

Danny needs 2 weeks of rest and then get back in good shape for the Cards game. ( and be fully fit for the last 4 )

Our D can keep this game relatively close as long as our " safe" Offense can run the football 

Hmmmm!!!

When I was young, I remember playing a game of horse in the driveway with my grandfather.   After rebounding one of his shots I came down on my ankle the wrong way and out of nowhere a rabid coyote showed up and shot me in the foot with a .45.   I lost a couple toes and demolished a lot of the tiny bones, but I poured some orange Gatorade on it, peeled a bumper sticker off my moms car and used it to tape up the wound and ended up winning HO to HORSE.  

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

When I was young, I remember playing a game of horse in the driveway with my grandfather.   After rebounding one of his shots I came down on my ankle the wrong way and out of nowhere a rabid coyote showed up and shot me in the foot with a .45.   I lost a couple toes and demolished a lot of the tiny bones, but I poured some orange Gatorade on it, peeled a bumper sticker off my moms car and used it to tape up the wound and ended up winning HO to HORSE.  

You mean Haterade.

22 hours ago, Nas said:

Why do you seem to think no one can be this fucking tough?   Some of us were born in different places on this planet where the luxuries you take for granted didn't exist.   True story... I was tackled from behind where the linebacker's knee landed squarely on my ankle... we heard a crack.... I got up and was in pain.... the tackler ran all the way back to the end zone... later I was told he was scared of what he'd heard... I limped to my car... had duct tape in the trunk... taped it heavily and continued playing... later in the ER it was a fracture... yea in that sense I maybe  a much tougher cookie than you... I just don't know why your feelings would get hurt by that... 

The Giants medical team haven't' heard my advice about yoga for years... what makes you think they'll listen now?

A few months back, I fractured my thumb playing hockey.   Some big palooka and I were battling for the puck along the boards (where 90% of injuries seem to happen) and his stick got under my thumb guard and we both landed against the glass.   I went to the locker room, taped it up, and finished the game... at the time, it hurt pretty bad, but I figured it was just a bruise.   

But later that night I was in so much pain it brought tears to my eyes.   Went to the hospital 2 days later, and was told it was a fracture.   Missed about 3 months off the ice.

Injuries are definitely weird like that.

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

If McCoy cannot step in and play a game when the starter is hurt, what is the point of having him on the roster?

Although an 1-2 week Eli sighting would be fucking epic

yeah ...... Vegas has Hawks as 10 pts favourites but i think it is much closer than that.

McCoy will be sharper and as long as he doesn't totally shit the bed i think we are in this game in the 4th Q

Seattle D is poor and Russell W has been shaky recently. ( worried about DK Metcalf though )

As you say ......Philly only lost by 6 and they are cuntishly awful !     

50 minutes ago, Joemorrisforprez said:

A few months back, I fractured my thumb playing hockey.   Some big palooka and I were battling for the puck along the boards (where 90% of injuries seem to happen) and his stick got under my thumb guard and we both landed against the glass.   I went to the locker room, taped it up, and finished the game... at the time, it hurt pretty bad, but I figured it was just a bruise.   

But later that night I was in so much pain it brought tears to my eyes.   Went to the hospital 2 days later, and was told it was a fracture.   Missed about 3 months off the ice.

Injuries are definitely weird like that.

You have the added benefit of being pretty fly for a white guy, Joe.