SportsWrath

Eagles game thread !

UK-Giantsfan

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I missed about 60 percent of the game, but from what I did see:

O-line looked solid for the third straight week. Gates is developing into a downright good center. 

Jones actually went out and won. That Slayton throw was a clutch. No fuck ups was nice. 

Blake Martinez is legit and deserves Pro Bowl consideration. Bradbury as well. 

Our D-line is pretty good. Solid vs the run as always but improving vs the pass. We still do need an edge rusher. 

We might be turning the corner.

Let's hope. 

I’m going to add Williams too... dude is playing like a pro bowler. 

im telling  you... Jason Garrett is crushing it. This is by far his best coaching in his career. I’m sorry, but out OLine sucks. And the fact that we have rushed for over 100 yards in 5 straight games is amazing. 

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

im telling  you... Jason Garrett is crushing it. This is by far his best coaching in his career. I’m sorry, but out OLine sucks. And the fact that we have rushed for over 100 yards in 5 straight games is amazing. 

Williams actually looks to have been worth it.  I think we've gotta give him and Tomlinson both contracts this offseason.  Hope we actually can. 

35 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Team is turning the corner. Still need more talent but it's clear the coaching is better. 

Gettleman is going to keep his job, the pluses are going to outweigh the minuses.

I think Getty stays if we get to six wins.  Cincinatti and Dallas are doable.  Not sure where the other one would come from. 

The team has been turning the corner for a few weeks now.  You can't look at the win record to determine it.  You need to watch these football games play by play to grasp what is going on.  Stats tell half truths and the win/loss record doesn't tell the whole story.  The NY Giants won the super bowl twice with Eli Manning in seasons ALL OF YOU thought was a lost cause, and then they won.  Dave Gettleman is the GM regardless of how many wins the NY Giants end the season with simply because I see a team moving in the right direction play by play.

4 minutes ago, Tempest said:

The team has been turning the corner for a few weeks now.  You can't look at the win record to determine it.  You need to watch these football games play by play to grasp what is going on.  Stats tell half truths and the win/loss record doesn't tell the whole story.  The NY Giants won the super bowl twice with Eli Manning in seasons ALL OF YOU thought was a lost cause, and then they won.  Dave Gettleman is the GM regardless of how many wins the NY Giants end the season with simply because I see a team moving in the right direction play by play.

I was going to pat you on the back but you beat me to it.

20 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Williams actually looks to have been worth it.  I think we've gotta give him and Tomlinson both contracts this offseason.  Hope we actually can. 

I think Getty stays if we get to six wins.  Cincinatti and Dallas are doable.  Not sure where the other one would come from. 

It isn't a case of beating bad teams. We've been in games and struggled to get over the line. We have the ability to make all remaining games competitive.

11 minutes ago, Herc said:

If only we had listened to tempest as he said “stay the course and be patient.  Things will work out” through every failed gm and coach we’ve had.  We would’ve all eventually been correct together

We haven't been through that many general managers.  We have been through quite a few head coaches the last couple of years unfortunately but when you find the right one, everything else falls into place.  Giants made a mistake with firing Coughlin and it took a few years to get that right by hiring a coach who is just like Coughlin.  Go Figure.

13 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Might be time to recognize that the OL is flipping the script. They played well the last couple weeks against some very good defensive fronts. I don't think any of the three sacks yesterday were really on them.... all coverage sacks, and Jones (finally!) had the good sense to just get two hands on the ball and keep it safe. 

While I share the optimism here and I'm super excited to see this team compete, we're still a few pieces away from anything resembling a winning formula.    Right now I believe we have the right coaching... the players (DJ in particular) has to show continuous improvements... Yes yesterday's win was great but until we can win consistently and win against good teams, we're still in the bottom 3rd of the league... your record is who you are.