SportsWrath

Giants 1st Round Mocks

Nas

Giants First Round Mocks:

CBS Sports: Jedrick Wills Jr. OL  Alabama • Jr • 6'5" / 320 lbs

New York probably needs two offensive tackles but they have only one pick. They take Wills and can address the other spot later in the draft.”

Bleacherreport:  4. New York Giants: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson 

phinphanatic.com:  Pick #4  New York Giants:  Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State

After trading away Olivier Vernon, the Giants’ top priority is finding a pass rusher.  Unfortunately, the fourth pick in the draft is way too high for the next highest pass rusher in the draft.

For a team that was 28th in passing yards allowed (264 yds/game) and tied for 25th in interceptions (10), a player like Okudah would be an immediate upgrade at the cornerback position.  At 6’1″, 200 pounds, Okudah has the size and speed to be a #1 corner in the NFL.

247sports.com:  4. New York Giants: Jedrick Wills, OL

(Photo: Denon McMillan, 247Sports)

The Giants are disappointed they miss out on Chase Young, but securing the best offensive lineman in the draft is a pretty good consolation prize for the G-Men. 

nbcsports.com:  4. New York Giants: Isaiah Simmons

School: Clemson 
Position: OLB/S

The most versatile player in the draft is too good to pass up, especially after his showing in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. Simmons played all over the field for Clemson this season. The Giants get an athletic mutant and a defensive cornerstone. --JS

walterfootball.com:  New York Giants: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
The Giants' defense is an abomination, and they also need help on the offensive line so that Daniel Jones doesn't keep fumbling twice every week. A No. 1 receiver can be obtained as well. I've had Jerry Jeudy slotted here for a while, but the more I think about it, the more I believe general manager Dave Gettleman will address the offensive line.

Andrew Thomas has been very impressive, using his great athleticism and length. NFL personnel believe he has tremendous potential.

SI.com:  4. New York Giants: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

Right tackle Mike Remmers is about to be a free agent, and left tackle Nate Solder hasn’t lived up to the free-agent deal that he signed in 2018. A two-year starter at right tackle for Alabama, Wills is a dominant run blocker who also improved significantly as a pass blocker in 2019.

I think there will be some more disappointment with the Giants first round draft choice this year than usual.  Both sides of the ball need help, blue chip offensive tackles are very hard to find and we need at least 1 this year.  Defense needs a star and the Giants being in a solid position to draft a star linebacker for the first time decades.  Then we have the third choice of moving down the board and picking up an additional draft pick or two.  I'd prefer one this year over next year just to move this team forward sooner rather than later.

I’m gonna wait for Emmitt Smith’s.

Here is his Giant prediction last year:

giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants: Jonathan Taylor, OT, Florida  Florida_logo.gif  
It real obvious that Eli Manning long in the mouth and need to be replace, but the Giant belief that Eli can still play another 10 year, which are why he gonna pass on all the great quarterback available at this scenario. 

If the Giant gonna keep with Eli, he gonna have to protect his blind slide, which mean the slide that do not see because he blind. This remind me of the movie The Blind Slide with Samantha Bullock where she find a big kid who play football and then she go on bus and need to keep it going real fast so he do not explode. 

giantsb_logo.gif New York Giants: Ridley Riley, WR, Georgia  Georgia_logo.gif  
This the pick the Giant acquire in the trade with the Cincinnati Bengal for Odell Beckham Jr. It real good that the Giant do not decide to trade for Odell Beckham Sr. because it gonna be real embarrassment if he trade for the other Odell Beckham. This happen to be one time when I play Madden 99 on Nintendo. The other team trick me, then I break Nintendo and never play him again! 

Why not the Giant go after Ridley Riley, who the illegitimate son of Calvin Ridley. It a shame that he not unillegitimate, which the opposite of the word illegitimate. 

On 1/31/2020 at 10:32 PM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

In this day and age you’re still insensitive assholes mocking drafts. I hope whenever you are drafting something a person will see it and copy it and put it on social media for all to mock

lol

On 2/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, Tempest said:

I think there will be some more disappointment with the Giants first round draft choice this year than usual.  Both sides of the ball need help, blue chip offensive tackles are very hard to find and we need at least 1 this year.  Defense needs a star and the Giants being in a solid position to draft a star linebacker for the first time decades.  Then we have the third choice of moving down the board and picking up an additional draft pick or two.  I'd prefer one this year over next year just to move this team forward sooner rather than later.

Well we can get that blue chip LT and sign a stud on the defensive side of the ball... we have a boat load of money. 

20 hours ago, Prince_Nas said:

Well we can get that blue chip LT and sign a stud on the defensive side of the ball... we have a boat load of money. 

The Giants NEED atleast 5 or 6 players this year to hit in the draft or FA.

1) Stud LT/RT who can protect Jones

2) A centre who can maul in the run game

3) Pass rusher who can take over a game (x2 if Golden is gone)

4) Starting CB across from Baker

5) Ball hawk type of FS who can play the pass

Optional 6) A true #1 WR to help Jones out.

Optional 7) An athletic OLB who can cover a TE or rush the QB.

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Giants NEED atleast 5 or 6 players this year to hit in the draft or FA.

1) Stud LT/RT who can protect Jones

2) A centre who can maul in the run game

3) Pass rusher who can take over a game (x2 if Golden is gone)

4) Starting CB across from Baker

5) Ball hawk type of FS who can play the pass

Optional 6) A true #1 WR to help Jones out.

Optional 7) An athletic OLB who can cover a TE or rush the QB.

So a team basically - minus QB and RB? :D

I think people should wait till the combine before legitimate mock-drafts can be considered. I for one am not too keen on a Lamb/Jeudy in round 1 - we can easily get another slayton. We need to look at a stud defensive player in the first round - if we can land Simmons by trading down Im all for it. Am not decided yet on the best OL in the draft. I think Judge and co's inputs to the scouting system will help enormously too. Lets see

I go back and forth between OL vs LB Isiah Simmons with the #4 pick.

I might give the very slight edge to OL just because there isn't a ton available in free agency, and it will get very competitive ie expensive (I can see Conklin and Costanzo getting as pricey as Solder). Brian Boctieri could be a decent pickup but I think he'll be expensive too. 

Thomas or Willis sound like they can step in right away and be locks.

Any good free agent Centers available? That's another big need.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, now that it’s out that Miami is in talks with Washington to move down: the Giants need to stay put and either get the best tackle available or the best defensive player available. The news of Washington potentially trading down means that could be Chase Young, still. I totally wouldn’t be surprised to see Burrow, Tua, Herbert go 1, 2, 3. 

I've really been turned off the tackles with all of this pre-draft coverage now.

Not a single one sounds like they should be picked before #10, however the combine is where Oline/Dline make their bread.

Arguably right now the Giants BPA is probably going to be on the defensive side of the ball with Okudah, Young or Simmons sitting at #4.

They should do everything in their power though to either trade back into the first or get the best tackle remaining in round 2.

Personally I'd hope Young drops, or Okudah is going to be as good as advertised (the next Revis) because I don't want Simmons at #4, the whole hybrid role has never really worked out in the NFL.

Although if the Redskins and Lions both grab lets say Young/Okudah, then I hope the Giants could trade a few picks back with a QB needy team and maybe grab an OT then.

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I've really been turned off the tackles with all of this pre-draft coverage now.

Not a single one sounds like they should be picked before #10, however the combine is where Oline/Dline make their bread.

Arguably right now the Giants BPA is probably going to be on the defensive side of the ball with Okudah, Young or Simmons sitting at #4.

They should do everything in their power though to either trade back into the first or get the best tackle remaining in round 2.

Personally I'd hope Young drops, or Okudah is going to be as good as advertised (the next Revis) because I don't want Simmons at #4, the whole hybrid role has never really worked out in the NFL.

Although if the Redskins and Lions both grab lets say Young/Okudah, then I hope the Giants could trade a few picks back with a QB needy team and maybe grab an OT then.

What's wrong with the tackles?

I generally find the more I read about a prospect, generally the worse I view them. For instance, I see a bunch of people saying Young is just a size/speed prospect with no real pass rush moves, who feasts on lesser teams and gets shut down by talented ones.

I'm fan of trading down to the 5-7 spot, assuming there is a rush for those teams to draft a QB, and pick the best tackle available or Isaiah Simmons.

By the way, Willis completely locked down Derrick Brown in the Auburn game, so he might be the real deal. With Solder likely coming back, Willis maybe can start at RT for a year, then move over to LT in a year.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

What's wrong with the tackles?

I generally find the more I read about a prospect, generally the worse I view them. For instance, I see a bunch of people saying Young is just a size/speed prospect with no real pass rush moves, who feasts on lesser teams and gets shut down by talented ones.

I think there are four tackles in this draft that are better prospects than Flowers was. 

Low bar to get over I guess.

And whoever said Young has no pass rush moves is out of their damn mind. Not that I've watched that much, but I know I've seen at least three moves out of him. And more important than counting his moves, his hands really stand out on film. He's got Bosa hands, and a combine warrior first step. 

1 hour ago, Storm said:

Simmons projects to outside linebacker in the NFL. I don’t buy talk about a hybrid player. I see a 230-240 pound linebacker after an NFL offseason.

He's already 230 though he can't get much bigger than he is now without losing his main stregth and that's his speed.

He isn't a bruiser or a strength guy.

Which is why teams are scouting him for strong safety.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

I'm fan of trading down to the 5-7 spot, assuming there is a rush for those teams to draft a QB, and pick the best tackle available or Isaiah Simmons.

By the way, Willis completely locked down Derrick Brown in the Auburn game, so he might be the real deal. With Solder likely coming back, Willis maybe can start at RT for a year, then move over to LT in a year.

None of the tackles have the complete package and servery lack in one area or the next.

Thomas - size and strength, no technique or footwork.

Becton - size and agility, very weak for his size and his hand technique is garbage.

Wills - probably the most NFL ready, quick, strong and good footwork however probably not a LT and is one of the smaller tackles on the board.

Wirfs - poor man Wills probably going to take a year or two to be NFL ready struggled against good competition in college.

Jackson - probably the best pass protector on the draft but doesn't play with strength but mobility and footwork is top notch.

Out of them all I think Wills is the easy pick at #4 however he will take some time to adjust to the LT position and will get abused by bull rushers.

8 hours ago, Storm said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, now that it’s out that Miami is in talks with Washington to move down: the Giants need to stay put and either get the best tackle available or the best defensive player available. The news of Washington potentially trading down means that could be Chase Young, still. I totally wouldn’t be surprised to see Burrow, Tua, Herbert go 1, 2, 3. 

That would be great.