SportsWrath

2018 Combine

Lughead

I didn't see the whole thing today but Barkley(230lbs)is looking more and more like the Pick we should take they were doing side by side comparisons to past combines and he was ahead of all comparisons. he is compared to Ladainian Tomlinson (215lbs) and Le'veon Bell(225lbs)

The kid has a great attitude from what I saw when he was interviewed by Mayock and Eisen. when asked which teams he talked to so far he emphatically said the Giants then paused and in a lower voice said the Jets Colts and some other teams I am absolutely sold on him as our 1st pick Mayock was saying there is a a lot of talent at OL in the the draft this year I do not thin we can pass on Barkleys talent to get an OL @1. The one thing that keeps replaying in my mind though is he Eli/Rivers deal. I am getting the feeling the browns my take him then offer to trade to the Giants for more picks.

OL are running the 40 right now

The true gauge of quality offensive linemen :laugh:

I have never run a 40, I have however drank many 40s and not looking forward to the breakdown of my body in my 40s. ;)

Barkley at 2 or trade down for multiple picks ........ I dont want Rosen or Darnold

I want Alllen now.

The kid has really impressed me at the combine plus everything before.

Barkley may very well go to the Browns at #1, the guy is basically the best RB to come out of the draft in a long long time.

I didn't see the whole thing today but Barkley(230lbs)is looking more and more like the Pick we should take they were doing side by side comparisons to past combines and he was ahead of all comparisons. he is compared to Ladainian Tomlinson (215lbs) and Le'veon Bell(225lbs)
The kid has a great attitude from what I saw when he was interviewed by Mayock and Eisen. when asked which teams he talked to so far he emphatically said the Giants then paused and in a lower voice said the Jets Colts and some other teams I am absolutely sold on him as our 1st pick Mayock was saying there is a a lot of talent at OL in the the draft this year I do not thin we can pass on Barkleys talent to get an OL @1. The one thing that keeps replaying in my mind though is he Eli/Rivers deal. I am getting the feeling the browns my take him then offer to trade to the Giants for more picks.

Not happening... the Giants won't sell the farm for anyone... if the Browns get Barkley, they can either keep him or trade with someone else...

I want Alllen now.

The kid has really impressed me at the combine plus everything before.

Barkley may very well go to the Browns at #1, the guy is basically the best RB to come out of the draft in a long long time.

I have a friendly bet or r/NYGiants that Barkley is first. The Browns have continually passed on QBs and with #4 they will still have many options for QB. Since Jackson is apparently good with QBs I think this is what will happen.

I think I want a QB first. Now's the time for the future. Anyone who lived through the Brown/Graham/Kannell era knows what I'm talking about. Anyone who's seen the Browns also knows. I say grab Rosen- all this negative BS is smoke. So what if he's a smart kid who has other interests besides Football- So does Andrew Luck. We should be able to get a RB better than who we have as well. RB's don't last as long as QB's, therefore not as valuable a pick.

I think I want a QB first. Now's the time for the future. Anyone who lived through the Brown/Graham/Kannell era knows what I'm talking about. Anyone who's seen the Browns also knows. I say grab Rosen- all this negative BS is smoke. So what if he's a smart kid who has other interests besides Football- So does Andrew Luck. We should be able to get a RB better than who we have as well. RB's don't last as long as QB's, therefore not as valuable a pick.

I wouldn't be pissed if they took Barkley, but teams aren't often put into a situation that allows them to take a QB number 2 overall at the exact moment in time they should be drafting the next franchise qb to replace the old one. I'm attracted by the sexiness of Barkley, the draw of trading down for more picks (not that I think there will be many suitors), but the stars have aligned and put a pretty clear cut franchise QB directly in our path with a 38 year old manning a year away from retirement. It isn't time to get cute.

My order would be as follows.

Rosen

Allen

Darnold

Barkley

I think they wait on the RB and go Allen

If he can sit a full year, maybe two, he's the most gifted in this class. I just can't help but see another 2004 approaching. Manning starts the year, but about halfway through we're 2-6 with a terrible oline and the rookie gets the call.

I think they wait on the RB and go Allen

A lot of good talent at RB in the second round apparently.

There's that speedster Ronald Jones, who may be there in the second round, he will be a starting back day one on this team.

If the Giants can attract a few Oline guys in FA they could easily get some key pieces on this team, mainly a starting RB and CB in rounds 2 and 3.

If he can sit a full year, maybe two, he's the most gifted in this class. I just can't help but see another 2004 approaching. Manning starts the year, but about halfway through we're 2-6 with a terrible oline and the rookie gets the call.

....And Manning goes to Arizona and wins a 3rd ring...

A lot of good talent at RB in the second round apparently.

There's that speedster Ronald Jones, who may be there in the second round, he will be a starting back day one on this team.

If the Giants can attract a few Oline guys in FA they could easily get some key pieces on this team, mainly a starting RB and CB in rounds 2 and 3.

Hearing they like Kerryon Johnson from Auburn I am not sure about Jones, they are looking for someone that can catch and that's not Jones

What about Nelson? I think this kid is a beast...

my only problem with Nelson is that, as a guard, he would make so much as the 2nd overall pick that he would have to be the very best guard in the league to be worth the money.

Picking a guard that high, I'd have to wonder what's next at the top of the 2nd round, a kicker or punter?

my only problem with Nelson is that, as a guard, he would make so much as the 2nd overall pick that he would have to be the very best guard in the league to be worth the money.

Picking a guard that high, I'd have to wonder what's next at the top of the 2nd round, a kicker or punter?

Agreed I kinda have the same issue with RB. I think Barkley is good, but He's not Peterson or Tomlinson

I'm on team Webb... the kids strikes me as a very good option to replace Eli.... so if it's not Barkley.... and you're able to trade down and get more picks, I'm all for it...