SportsWrath

2018 Combine

Lughead

my only problem with Nelson is that, as a guard, he would make so much as the 2nd overall pick that he would have to be the very best guard in the league to be worth the money.

Picking a guard that high, I'd have to wonder what's next at the top of the 2nd round, a kicker or punter?

I disagree with that notion... a rookie contract is pennies on the dollar as is...

my only problem with Nelson is that, as a guard, he would make so much as the 2nd overall pick that he would have to be the very best guard in the league to be worth the money.

Picking a guard that high, I'd have to wonder what's next at the top of the 2nd round, a kicker or punter?

I think we could trade down and still draft him. I think we need SOB. Bring some toughness back to the OLINE

Quenton Nelson at #2

Ok now consider this for a moment. He is as good if not better than Zach Martin. Pay Andrew Norwell $13 million this year versus Quenton Nelson's $5-6 million.

I would take Nelson at #2 if Barkley is gone and couldn't get a trade done.

Quenton Nelson at #2

Ok now consider this for a moment. He is as good if not better than Zach Martin. Pay Andrew Norwell $13 million this year versus Quenton Nelson's $5-6 million.

I would take Nelson at #2 if Barkley is gone and couldn't get a trade done.

Don't we need two guards anyway?

Don't we need two guards anyway?

Giants re-signed John Greco who is pretty good and has made a career of playing on historically bad teams. I say pretty good when compared to John Jerry. I think Jerry gets cut in June barring injury.

I disagree with that notion... a rookie contract is pennies on the dollar as is...

hardly! Its not as bad as it used to be, but the 2nd overall pick will be due approx. $30 million over 4 seasons, with $20 million guaranteed. (estimate based on 2017 draft pick comp.)

I think we could trade down and still draft him. I think we need SOB. Bring some toughness back to the OLINE

so much YES.... that dude is made for the Giants, and he's a huge Giants fan too. I think that may be my favorite scenario if Barkley goes 1st overall.... trade back for a kings ransom, and hopefully still come out of it with Nelson, I'd take that any day.

Agreed I kinda have the same issue with RB. I think Barkley is good, but He's not Peterson or Tomlinson

oh man, I think Barkley is a better prospect than either of them. I think he's the best RB prospect I've ever seen, or at least since Kijana Carter.

(no, I'm not into Penn St)

And he's a top notch dude too, like Nelson he's a culture changer.

oh man, I think Barkley is a better prospect than either of them. I think he's the best RB prospect I've ever seen, or at least since Kijana Carter.

Here is my one and only argument against taking Barkley with the second pick of the draft. I think the other RB's are just as good and can be drafted in the second round. Barkley isn't a once in a generation talent, just better than the Qb's projected in the top 5.

I think he may be a once in a generation talent. I'm definitely far more impressed with his college tape than any of the other top rbs in the last ten years.

Even then, the shelf life and general fungibility of running backs makes me question the wisdom of picking any rb, even Jim Brown, so high. But, it's so tempting get the most electrifying player in years.....

I think he may be a once in a generation talent. I'm definitely far more impressed with his college tape than any of the other top rbs in the last ten years.

Even then, the shelf life and general fungibility of running backs makes me question the wisdom of picking any rb, even Jim Brown, so high. But, it's so tempting get the most electrifying player in years.....

Shelf life or not... look at what Zeke, Gurly and the likes have done for their teams.... But I concede that we can get a bigger bang for our buck if we were to trade down and still get the top guard in this draft..

Here is my one and only argument against taking Barkley with the second pick of the draft. I think the other RB's are just as good and can be drafted in the second round. Barkley isn't a once in a generation talent, just better than the Qb's projected in the top 5.

This

Man I don't see that I am not even sure He's as good as Todd Gurley. With Barkley you're really pointing to five great games, but he was bottled up in the 8 others. Also is he a workhorse? Only three games were he had more than 20 carries

I think if Barkley is there, he's the pick. If not, I think a trade down while ensuring the Notre Dame guard is the way to go. And if Barkley is not there, it means all the QBs are there for the choosing from whatever team wants to move up for one meaning that there shouldn't be too much of a problem finding a trade partner.

I think if Barkley is there, he's the pick. If not, I think a trade down while ensuring the Notre Dame guard is the way to go. And if Barkley is not there, it means all the QBs are there for the choosing from whatever team wants to move up for one meaning that there shouldn't be too much of a problem finding a trade partner.

That is solid as shit.

C>W agon

I'm starting to lean towards trading down even if Barkley is there... Something about picking blue collar guys who are B+ instead of super stars I find intriguing...

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying I think Barkley would be the pick if he's there. My hope and preference would be that the Browns take Barkley and we then trade back and still get the guard from Notre Dame.

Secretly, I want the Browns to throw a monster wrench into the equation...like not taking Barkley OR a QB at #1....or taking QBs at #1 AND #4.

I don't know about the browns oline, but they're likely taking a qb, so they're probably looking oline as well. If they go qb at 1, the guard will probably not get passed them at 4.

Going to be interesting. The browns could do a bunch, including trading down. We could trade with the Broncos at 5 and a team that wants the guard could move into the browns 4 slot.

Browns have a great o-line. I think Nelson is all ours if we want him and hes number 1 on my list now

I'm with you. And I'm positive, if we trade down, someone will trade up and swipe him from under our nose - again! Seen that movie. F*ck that. You want Nelson, you don't get cute. Take him at 2. RB/OT next few rounds. Then sign Norwell. We're back to respectability.

Thing is, if we trade down and miss on Nelson, assuming Barkley goes top 5, we're still likely to have a shot at Fitzpatrick or Chubb, both who would contribute in their rookie years.

So who really would trade up for a QB?

there are easily four guys I'd be thrilled to get who will instantly make the team better... Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Barkley, or take your pick on the QB too, no shame in taking the opportunity to sure up the QB position for the next ten to fifteen years.

there are easily four guys I'd be thrilled to get who will instantly make the team better... Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Barkley, or take your pick on the QB too, no shame in taking the opportunity to sure up the QB position for the next ten to fifteen years.

26_7773660.PNG