SportsWrath

So....what do you guys think?

Chuck Wagon

I think we have the ability to take the division, however it's not going to be as easy as many talking heads seem to think it will be.

Cowboys are good offensively with their line creating a running game for whomever is back there. Dak may have a sophomore slump, but he kinda got that towards the end of last year. I expect him to be better. Defensively, they're still a work in progress and that alone may keep them from winning the division.

Eagles, I think are very much improved. I do think they'll surprise teams this year. I'm hoping the Giants are paying attention.

Redskins...meh, until they actually win a playoff game, I really can't believe they'll be anything other than an irritant that every so often gets the best of us, but at the end of the day, knows they're the worst team in the division.

Giants - offense was concerning last year to say the lest and the preseason has shown nothing to prove otherwise. Beckham's injury, I've thought all along was a minor concern, but lack of practicing elevates that slightly. I don't see him missing the opener and part of me wants to believe that they're playing it up to make the Cowboys question his availability...but there's a growing sense that there is some legitimacy to the ankle being more serious than we'd want to admit. Defensively, I think we're best in the division and offseason moves don't seem to have changed that. The CB from Pittsburgh eased one of the bigger concerns for me. Your #4 CB has starting experience on a quality defense...I'll take it. So if the offense can improve slightly and get a little more balanced...I'm pretty confident in this team.

We'll see Sunday!

Yeah gmenroc, the Cowboys are an interesting team. That backfield is something else, so if their OL doesn't fall off they're going to be difficult to defend. Contenders if they can cobble together a competitive D, which Marinelli has a reputation for doing.

I'm not sleeping on the Eagles either.

The Redskins are the most dangerous NFC East team outside of the Giants. Arguably as strong if not stronger pass catchers than the Giants and they actually have a running game.

Im not sold on their defense but yeah their offense looks great. People worry about garçon and Jackson leaving but Jackson is living off his old rep for years now and Pryor is better than both of them

Im not sold on their defense but yeah their offense looks great. People worry about garçon and Jackson leaving but Jackson is living off his old rep for years now and Pryor is better than both of them

Crowder and Doctson are solid 2 and 3, too

Maybe if Cousins takes it up another level. And their D might be a dumpster fire.

Kirk Cousins threw for nearly 5,000 yards last year. Nearly a thousand yards more than Eli. What level shall he take it to next?

Yards don't mean that much.

If he is really that good, why not give him long term money?

He wants more than they are offering. Can't say I blame him. Dude's posted a career QBR Of 93.6, 1.6 touchdown to interception ratio. Better numbers than Stafford who just got paid...

He wants more than they are offering. Can't say I blame him. Dude's posted a career QBR Of 93.6, 1.6 touchdown to interception ratio. Better numbers than Stafford who just got paid...

Right, yeah.... Well, I'll pants my own logic here, I concede that I'm basing my opinion on Cousins in part on what the Redskins' football people are willing to pay him.

The other part is the eye test, and he doesn't pass mine. But I've been wrong before, almost as often as the Redskins football people. So.....

I think you gotta be a pretty pathetic fan to not be really excited about this year. The D is flat out sick and will embarrass some of the top offenses in the league, Plus Marshall taking away the ability to double cover Odell all game? If they can stay healthy we have just as good a shot as any top 10 team in the league.

One other thing I'm paying close attention to is Eli. I cant wait to see how he responds to coach calling him out at the end of last year. I think he might just have his best year yet. If not damn close.

Oh man Sunday night cant come soon enough.

I think you gotta be a pretty pathetic fan to not be really excited about this year. The D is flat out sick and will embarrass some of the top offenses in the league, Plus Marshall taking away the ability to double cover Odell all game? If they can stay healthy we have just as good a shot as any top 10 team in the league.

You're right, of course. I'm cautiously optimistic but I just fear that they are on course for another first round playoff bouncing, if they can't score in the red zone, run the football, and block...things that plagued them last year that I don't think were entirely addressed. Marshall and Engram will hopefully help in the red zone, theoretically.

You're right, of course. I'm cautiously optimistic but I just fear that they are on course for another first round playoff bouncing, if they can't score in the red zone, run the football, and block...things that plagued them last year that I don't think were entirely addressed. Marshall and Engram will hopefully help in the red zone, theoretically.A

In my 50+ years of being a maniacal Giant fan, I have never entered a season more than "cautiously optimistic.".