SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

I look at position value. No LB in the 2nd will be as good as Floyd, but give me Artie Burns at 40 to play NB

Sua Cravens, Kyler Fackrell, Jordan Jenkins, Deion Jones, Kentrel Brothers should be around in the 2nd.

Not saying who I'd prefer, but these are the ~2nd round guys.

Personally, if Hargreaves (+ Jack, Bosa, Bruckner, Ramsey) aren't around at 10, I say we trade down to the mid-late teens, and pick up the remaining best player available. Floyd, Lee, TE Hunter Henry, LB Reggie Ragland, CB Mackenzie Alexander, DE Shaq Lawson, DE Emanual Ogbah, DT Sheldin Rankins, OL Jack Conklin, OL Cody Whitehair.

Inb4 someone jumps in to say that you need a willing trade partner to trade down. We know

Right, the hope is that somewhere between picks 11-20 (10 teams), you find one team willing to do a trade. For picks 11 - 13, we could pick up a 1st and 4th rounder, and change (5th-6th). For picks 14-20, we could pick up a 1st and 3rd and change.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Yeah I mean Robinson was benched by the 'Skins for poor play, the Redskins of all teams who arent exactly all that stacked at LB.

If he plays like he did in 2013 then it will be a surprise, but he's been on the IR and missed a lot of game time and has of recent played like complete garbage.

Like I said before typical JR signing.

This year the Giants changed their approach and stressed health and durability... KR is the only exception which leads me to believe those were freak injuries and that trend with KR is less likely to continue.

With LBs like Robinson, Kennard, JT Thomas, Casillas, Unga, and Brinkley, we have a typical Jerry Reese mix of oft injured, mediocore LBers who would otherwise be primarily backups on most other teams.

Then, like typical Jerry Reese, we'll get decent starting CBs and DLs, but with NO depth behind them, so they'll be worn down over the course of a game and season (e.g. all those 4th quarter meltdowns).

I think that’s the right play at 10. I don’t think they should use a pick that high on a second receiver, and I don’t think they need to use it on an offensive lineman. And on defense, a pass-rusher will have a much greater impact than a third cornerback or even a safety. And when you’ve got a Top 10 pick, that player should have an immediate impact. It’s not a pick most teams can afford to use on someone who might develop into something down the road.

This sums up my feeling about this draft... I think landing Jack or Bosa would leave most of us very happy... no telling how things will go come draft time... will Dallas pick a QB? Who will Philly get? What is their top need and with their new coaching staff, what's their philosophy?

Plus, what better way to fill the rest of your defensive backfield at safety, including starting safety, than with guys who can't even get onto the football field. Bennett Jackson, Nat Behre, Cooper Taylor, Mykelle Thompson.

If there's anything we've learned about Jerry Reese is that he doesn't know when to let go of former picks, even late round picks, even when there is an apparent need at the position. Our safety situation is a perfect example. I get it, we want to give these guys a chance, but hell, at the end of the day, we need a damn starter who can at least plug in starting week 1, not a developmental guy starting.

I don't understand why Reese isn't signing DBs and OLs to fill in the obvious gaps we have there, let alone depth at DL and WR. He doesn't have to go nuts with big contracts either. To me, even if you draft exactly at these positions, you're still not ready and can't rely on these positions without FA support and depth.

Plus, what better way to fill the rest of your defensive backfield at safety, including starting safety, than with guys who can't even get onto the football field. Bennett Jackson, Nat Behre, Cooper Taylor, Mykelle Thompson.

If there's anything we've learned about Jerry Reese is that he doesn't know when to let go of former picks, even late round picks, even when there is an apparent need at the position. Our safety situation is a perfect example. I get it, we want to give these guys a chance, but hell, at the end of the day, we need a damn starter who can at least plug in starting week 1, not a developmental guy starting.

I don't understand why Reese isn't signing DBs and OLs to fill in the obvious gaps we have there, let alone depth at DL and WR. He doesn't have to go nuts with big contracts either. To me, even if you draft exactly at these positions, you're still not ready and can't rely on these positions without FA support and depth.

I thought all of this was Coughlin's fault :ph34r:

I wonder which rookies will get a chance to shine now that he's gone.

Seriously though unless JR can somehow draft a starting safety, corner, guard, tackle and two LBS, Tte Giants are gonna have a lot of holes to fill come the start of the season.

Right, the hope is that somewhere between picks 11-20 (10 teams), you find one team willing to do a trade. For picks 11 - 13, we could pick up a 1st and 4th rounder, and change (5th-6th). For picks 14-20, we could pick up a 1st and 3rd and change.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Maybe there's that team that loves Floyd or maybe Stanley drops there and someone will want to get ahead of Chicago

That I agree with... Reese holding on to dead weight is quite annoying....

I thought all of this was Coughlin's fault :ph34r:

I wonder which rookies will get a chance to shine now that he's gone.

Seriously though unless JR can somehow draft a starting safety, corner, guard, tackle and two LBS, Tte Giants are gonna have a lot of holes to fill come the start of the season.

The offseason is still in progress... all the way up to the summer. Obviously the FO isn't too crazy about anyone who's still a FA at this point and are waiting on the draft and future cuts by other teams.

Ezekiel Elliott thinks he could turn Giants into a Super Bowl contender ‘pretty early’

499065772.jpg

Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott can talk a big game.

The Buckeyes back is lobbying for Big Blue to consider him with the 10th overall pick, and he thinks his presence alone could get the Giants back to the Super Bowl.

"I can see it now: Eli, Odell and then me — that's a three-headed monster right there," he told Fox Sports South's "The Panel" on Friday.

"I think we'd give everyone a run for their money. I think we could go win a Super Bowl pretty early."

Are you joking? The biggest knock on Reese is that none of his picks remain on the roster.

I lost most of my confidence in his mindset after they lost to MSU and he threw the whole coaching staff under the bus. True or not (didn't see the game so idk what went down) you don't do that. Keep thr problem in house. That tells me he's completely selfish and self-serving.

Are you joking? The biggest knock on Reese is that none of his picks remain on the roster.

It is not a joke. There are guys who shouldn't have been kept for the length of their rookie contract.

I'm talking before their 3-4 yr rookie contracts are up; he's generally not willing to let go of obvious failures (eg Markus Kuhn, Bennett Jackson, Mosley).

It's bad enough that they're failures to begin with, but if it's dead weight he needs to cut it, not cling to it.

I'm talking before their 3-4 yr rookie contracts are up; he's generally not willing to let go of obvious failures (eg Markus Kuhn, Bennett Jackson, Mosley).

It's bad enough that they're failures to begin with, but if it's dead weight he needs to cut it, not cling to it.

Kuhn was the starter last season, so given that the coaching staff thought he was the best option maybe cutting him wouldn't have been the best idea.

Fault him for not bringing in better players, not for failing to make an already weak position weaker.

Kuhn was the starter last season, so given that the coaching staff thought he was the best option maybe cutting him wouldn't have been the best idea.

Fault him for not bringing in better players, not for failing to make an already weak position weaker.

That's the point. Seems at times he's unwilling to sign better FAs for not wanting to let go of and cut dud draft picks like Kuhn or Jackson.

For instance, for safety my hunch is he's not signing a FA for fear he may later have to cut Jackson, Thompson, Taylor, etc

That's the point. Seems at times he's unwilling to sign better FAs for not wanting to let go of and cut dud draft picks like Kuhn or Jackson.

For instance, for safety my hunch is he's not signing a FA for fear he may later have to cut Jackson, Thompson, Taylor, etc

I really don't think over valuing his own players is a flaw of the Reese front office. If it were, the team wouldn't have let almost all its draft picks walk.

I really don't think over valuing his own players is a flaw of the Reese front office. If it were, the team wouldn't have let almost all its draft picks walk.

But he lets them walk only after their contracts are up. He's unwilling to cut them while under contract, and replace with better FAs