SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

At this point, assuming guys like Bosa, Bruckner, Jack, and Ramsey are off the board by #10, I think CB Vernon Hargreaves III or LB Leonard Floyd would be great acquisitions.

I recently watched some youtube tape of Floyd, and am leaning more towards Floyd. He's very solid against run and pass, can fly all over the field, and can play three downs. He should be able to match-up against opposing TEs/RBs in the passing game (e.g. can be a nickle backer), can rush the passer, close passing windows, and can fill gaps in the run game. Many times, he even lined up at ILB for Georgia. Only knock on him is his lanky frame (6'6 244), but NFL trainers can get him on a program add weight Many people compare him to Dion Jordan (as a knock), but keep in mind the dolphins may have mis- used Jordan trying him as a foot in the ground DE (not a true LB), and asked/made him gain TOO much weight (and doing so on roids).

Of course, we would still need to fill in holes elsewhere in the draft or free agency, as I think we have a very think OL, Secondary, and WR corps.

At this point, assuming guys like Bosa, Bruckner, Jack, and Ramsey are off the board by #10, I think CB Vernon Hargreaves III or LB Leonard Floyd would be great acquisitions.

I recently watched some youtube tape of Floyd, and am leaning more towards Floyd. He's very solid against run and pass, can fly all over the field, and can play three downs. He should be able to match-up against opposing TEs/RBs in the passing game (e.g. can be a nickle backer), can rush the passer, close passing windows, and can fill gaps in the run game. Many times, he even lined up at ILB for Georgia. Only knock on him is his lanky frame (6'6 244), but NFL trainers can get him on a program add weight Many people compare him to Dion Jordan (as a knock), but keep in mind the dolphins may have mis- used Jordan trying him as a foot in the ground DE (not a true LB), and asked/made him gain TOO much weight (and doing so on roids).

Of course, we would still need to fill in holes elsewhere in the draft or free agency, as I think we have a very think OL, Secondary, and WR corps.

I want Darron Lee. Try to talk myself put of him just to avoid disappointment

I want Darron Lee. Try to talk myself put of him just to avoid disappointment

I give Floyd a few big legs up on Lee, on versatility against the pass (both rush and cover) and run, can move him around to any LB spot, experience, traits (size/length). Lee also probably needs a year or two before he's really ready. His size will get him knocked around, and even at the college level had many missed/broken tackles.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks we can get Floyd at 40 ha? I think there's a chance. Besides there so many good LB prospects in this draft that we can wait until round 2.

There's really not that many good lb's in this draft

Since I'm not an college expert like some here, I'm going with two players at each spot.

1. Bosa DE /Conklin OT

I think Bosa gets pushed down to 10 since there will be a surprise QB trade or pick within the top 5. The rise of Hargraves and Wentz pushed Bosa down and Spags is frothing at the mouth to have a guy like him step up when JPP is gone. Conklin might be the safe pick at this point if they want to keep Eli upright.

2. Hunter TE / Shepard WR

Hunter if he is still there in round two but highly unlikely. The most obvious pick would be Shepard at this point, the guy will be Steve Smith 2.0 for the Giants and would start day in either the slot or outside. Will become Elis new outlet.

3. Nassib DE / Fuller CB

If the Giants dont get Bosa or draft a DE in round two, then Nassib is the guy in round three. Fuller if Nassib is gone or the Giants feel like they need a starting nickle corner.

4. Seumalo OG / Alexander OLB

Alexander is a rangy LB the Giant's seem to like, lacks size but can cover and make the tackles when needed. Seumalo is an anchor type of Oline player with speed to pull from the interior, prospect pick.

5. Carter TE / Marshall WR

Carter is a Robinson 2.0, physical ability but hasent been able to apply it might be a JR type of pick for a solution at TE. Marshall is great value at 5 if they Giants dont get a WR earlier, return man who can play the slot. Basically they use the fifth pick for an offensive position of need with the best value there.

6. Walker ILB / Sharpe WR

Two players who will compete for practice squad spots or bottom of the roster positions. Really at this point whoever the Giants think they can get value out of.

***This list will more then likely change 100s of times before the draft, plus I dont really care to think about what other teams do.

Since I'm not an college expert like some here, I'm going with two players at each spot.

1. Bosa DE /Conklin OT

I think Bosa gets pushed down to 10 since there will be a surprise QB trade or pick within the top 5. The rise of Hargraves and Wentz pushed Bosa down and Spags is frothing at the mouth to have a guy like him step up when JPP is gone. Conklin might be the safe pick at this point if they want to keep Eli upright.

2. Hunter TE / Shepard WR

Hunter if he is still there in round two but highly unlikely. The most obvious pick would be Shepard at this point, the guy will be Steve Smith 2.0 for the Giants and would start day in either the slot or outside. Will become Elis new outlet.

3. Nassib DE / Fuller CB

If the Giants dont get Bosa or draft a DE in round two, then Nassib is the guy in round three. Fuller if Nassib is gone or the Giants feel like they need a starting nickle corner.

4. Seumalo OG / Alexander OLB

Alexander is a rangy LB the Giant's seem to like, lacks size but can cover and make the tackles when needed. Seumalo is an anchor type of Oline player with speed to pull from the interior, prospect pick.

5. Carter TE / Marshall WR

Carter is a Robinson 2.0, physical ability but hasent been able to apply it might be a JR type of pick for a solution at TE. Marshall is great value at 5 if they Giants dont get a WR earlier, return man who can play the slot. Basically they use the fifth pick for an offensive position of need with the best value there.

6. Walker ILB / Sharpe WR

Two players who will compete for practice squad spots or bottom of the roster positions. Really at this point whoever the Giants think they can get value out of.

***This list will more then likely change 100s of times before the draft, plus I dont really care to think about what other teams do.

Byron Marshall WR Oregon? I have Sharpe in the fifth

I give Floyd a few big legs up on Lee, on versatility against the pass (both rush and cover) and run, can move him around to any LB spot, experience, traits (size/length). Lee also probably needs a year or two before he's really ready. His size will get him knocked around, and even at the college level had many missed/broken tackles.

I thought that was Lee's strong point too?

Such as?

Right now there are 4 LBs projected to go in the 1st by CBS... I don't see teams flocking to the LB position when different teams have different needs:

OLB

4 *Myles Jackinjury.gif OLB 1 UCLA Jr 6-1 245 1

12 *Darron Lee OLB 2 Ohio State rSo 6-1 232 1

24 *Leonard Floyd OLB 3 Georgia rJr 6-6 244 1

ILB

15 Reggie Ragland ILB 1 Alabama Sr 6-1 247 1

That's why I feel Floyd (or any one of them really) may fall to us at 40.

The thing with Floyd is his best value is pass rush, which is one of the most valued traits in the draft and a big reason he won't make it to our 2nd pick, and probably not even past 15 or 20.

My longshot hope is somehow Jack falls to us due to now not hosting a pro day, otherwise my top realistic choice is Hargreaves.

Watched some tape on Floyd last night, and I'm more confused now than I was just based on all the comments here and on other sites.

It was the Alabama game I watched, and they were so obviously running away from Floyd that its hard to get a read on what kind of skills he really has. Twice was a run called to Floyd's side of the field - one was a gain of about a yard, and on the other Floyd missed the tackle and permitted a long gain. He was in coverage a LOT, and showed no signs of being able to cover wide receivers.... but why would he be able to cover wide receivers?

My one take away from watching the film from that game?... if Floyd's pass rush skills are everything that everybody says, then Georgia's coaching staff is clueless.

I thought that was Lee's strong point too?

It depends on how you project the two to have success in the NFL, against NFL OL when rushing the passer. Lee is ~6'1 220, Floyd 6'6 245. Floyd seems more poised to succeed in the role of a pass rusher due to size and length.

It depends on how you project the two to have success in the NFL, against NFL OL when rushing the passer. Lee is ~6'1 220, Floyd 6'6 245. Floyd seems more poised to succeed in the role of a pass rusher due to size and length.

The way I see it (and I'm not going on a lot of research here) is that Lee's not going to be a dedicated pass rusher, his skill set is more in tune with a role in coverage with some blitzing, where Floyd is more of a Clay Matthews type OLB rusher. I think Lee would be a better 4-3 OLB and Floyd a 3-4 OLB.

Lee would take over as the weakside linebacker, taking JT Thomas' spot, Floyd would likely be used like Mack, strongside linebacker on early downs, and then pass rushing from the line on passing downs.

Lee would take over as the weakside linebacker, taking JT Thomas' spot, Floyd would likely be used like Mack, strongside linebacker on early downs, and then pass rushing from the line on passing downs.

This I think they would put Floyd at SAM and move Kennard inside and in the NASCAR package they put him at 9t. There will be some moving around obviously, they can blitz him with JPP being a two gapping DE similar to Bennett and Irvin in Seattle. Do we want SAM:Kennard MIKE: Robinson WILL: Lee or SAM: Floyd MIKE:Kennard Will: JT Thomas. I like the latter better