SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

Anyone think OT Le'Raven Clark will be on the board at 40?

The scoop: "The more I watch him, the more I like him. I don't care as much about the issues he has on tape because some of them are due to the tempo (Texas Tech plays) at. They want him to vertical set and get in the way and they are less worried about the technique. All his issues are coachable. He's the fourth tackle in my rankings." -- AFC offensive line coach on Texas Tech offensive tackle Le'Raven Clark

The skinny: With long arms and good athleticism, it was a lock that position coaches would be more excited about Clark than some of the area scouts might have been. This coach brings up a really good point about collegiate offensive linemen for up-tempo offenses. Many tackles in these schemes require top-notch conditioning over top-notch technique. Coaches want to see athletic traits and ability -- they assume they can fix the technical issues. I've had Clark as a first-round tackle since we started the mock-draft process in January and that won't change for me.

CBSSports has him as the 8th best tackle...if so, he'd be there at 40.

Lunsil

Stanley

Conklin

Decker

Spriggs

Ifedi

Coleman

Spriggs is the guy I'd love to see the Giants get in the 2nd, but I think he has cemented a late 1st round selection at this point.

I do these sims and keep coming up with same

1. Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

Most immediate need. Stanley mirrors well in pass protection and can get to the second level with ease in the run game. Giants will figure out who fits best between Flowers and Stanley at right and left tackle

2. Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan St

Needs to add a little strength, but is explosive off the edge. Jersey kid who returns home. Will fit in the rotation and take over at SDE they could even stand him and Floyd up giving them different looks which they haven't had

3. Rashard Higgins WR Colorado St

Perfect replacement for Randle. Runs crisp routes, has hands for days and is shifty in the open field. He's brash and aggressive(which they didn't have with Randle) Giants have gone CSU route with Richburg who ended up a steal, I think Higgins does as well)

Nicknamed "Hollywood" which I love

4. Harlan Miller CB SE Louisiana

Great ball skills with lanky frame and long arms to high point passes. Not the greatest timed(4.57 40) has quick feet though that allow him to mirror slots receivers, plus the frame to handle TE's. Played in a 4-2-5 scheme similar to what Giants run both inside and outside

5. Blake Martinez LB Stanford

Takes great angles in the open field and can take on blocks. Has good length at 6'2

6. Tyler Ervin LB San Jose St

Speedster who is adept at receiving. Be the perfect utility back for McAdoo's offense.

Here you go Nas:

Mock Draft 1.0: Two projected first-round trades
09000d5d826d804a.jpeg

By Charley Casserly |

NFL Media analyst

Published: April 7, 2016 at 05:32 p.m.

1. Pick No.
    TEN.png
    OT
    Mississippi
    Fills need to protect their franchise quarterback, Marcus Mariota.
  2. Pick No.
    CLE.png
    QB
    North Dakota St.
    RGIII gives them time to groom Wentz.
  3. Pick No.
    SD.png
    Major need filled with best interior defensive lineman in draft.
  4. Pick No.
    DAL.png
    DE
    Ohio St.
    Most debatable pick in the top 10. They can try for QB later with a win-now philosophy.
  5. Pick No.
    JAC.png
    CB
    Florida St.
    Most impactful defender for them on the draft board.
  6. Pick No.
    BAL.png
    OT
    Notre Dame
    Myles Jack could be considered here, too, but Ravens must solidify LT position to protect Joe Flacco.
  7. Pick No.
    SF.png
    QB
    California
    Obvious need addressed with Goff. If they don't take him, they are banking on Blaine Gabbert.
  8. Pick No.
    MIA.png
    RB
    Ohio St.
    Projected trade from Eagles (No. 13). Trader Mike Tannenbaum hits a home run with Elliott.
  9. Pick No.
    TB.png
    CB
    Florida
    Best "off" cover guy in the draft.
  10. Pick No.
    NYG.png
    OLB
    UCLA
    Best-player-available philosophy also fills major need.

Jack or Floyd, that's my wishlist. I still am doubtful that Jack will make it to 10, but it's not out of the question. He's not a pass rusher, so I could see him slipping. Question is, if they are both there, who do you take? Most people would say Jack without hesitation. I like Jack an awful lot but I think I'm higher on Floyd than most. And I now have both of them higher than Hargreaves, because I believe either would have a bigger impact on the defense.

Jack or Floyd, that's my wishlist. I still am doubtful that Jack will make it to 10, but it's not out of the question. He's not a pass rusher, so I could see him slipping. Question is, if they are both there, who do you take? Most people would say Jack without hesitation. I like Jack an awful lot but I think I'm higher on Floyd than most. And I now have both of them higher than Hargreaves, because I believe either would have a bigger impact on the defense.

To me Floyd is more of a DE/3-4 OLB tweener, I dont think he is suited for a 4-3 in the NFL, he's to small to set the edge and doesnt have the strength to shed blocks. If the Giant's were to draft him I see him being used more as a pass rusher who occasionally drops back into coverage than anything else.

Jack is you're prototypical NFL LB, which the Giants have sorely lacked since the days of Pierce/Mitchell. He isnt going to be an MLB, but he will set the edge on the outside and be able to run down plays in the backfield. He's a freak athletically and if the Giants were able to get the best LB talent in the draft they would finally have someone to anchor that position for the next 10+ years.

I wouldnt be disappointed with Floyd either, I just think Jack gives the Giants something the defense needs more then a pass rusher.

I like Floyd too, but agree with BiC not sure if the Giants can take the risk. They have not done well with the Hybrid LB types. Moore, Sintim, Kiwi. Floyd is also going to be a 24 year old rookie and probably won't make an instant impact.

I like Floyd too, but agree with BiC not sure if the Giants can take the risk. They have not done well with the Hybrid LB types. Moore, Sintim, Kiwi. Floyd is also going to be a 24 year old rookie and probably won't make an instant impact.

None of those guys could run like Floyd. Floyd's length and speed are big assets. I don't think he's a hybrid at all. I think he's a linebacker, who has the ability to pressure the quarterback on the outside. He's 6'6" with 33 1/8" arms, runs a 4.6 40, almost a 40" vert, and a 127" broad jump... none of those guys were anywhere in the same galaxy as Floyd is athletically. He will have zero issues in coverage, in fact, I think it's a big strength of his. I don't share the same concerns and I think size is no problem for him. I doubt you will find many people to agree with you in describing him as "too small" for anything. I get it, he's 244 lbs, but he's easily get to 255, maybe 260 with that frame under an NFL training program. I think there's some coachable things there with regard to playing to high at the point of attack, but that's the only knock on him I can find. I do think Jack plays with more aggression and I wouldn't argue with anyone wanting Jack over Floyd, I just think it's not as much of a no-brainer as many say.

If that actually happens I will do backflips right after flipping tables cause Hargreaves was taken right before us.

Bro... in that middle of the field.. we ain't got jack... we NEED Jack. He's my #1... period.

ok.

So being 24 years old, why should we think he can grow further into that frame? A 21 year old is still filling out.... 24 year olds are done.

That's why I am somewhat hesitant. He probably doesn't make an instant impact either, he went develop into to what they want until he's 25 or 26, I don't think Reese can take that risk

Jack's not a normal guy for his size. He has something close to 34" arms and 10" hands. He's really strong and very fast for a guy his size, and I beleive his arms are longer than Floyd's... Floys is 6'6", Jack is 6'1". Really a remarkable human being.