SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

Jim I like your Combo A. Vannett in the fourth would be sweet. So far in my Twitter mock I have

1. Leonard Floyd

2. Artie Burns

3. Rashard Higgins WR Colorado St

4. Austin Hooper TE Stanford

Wow, don't you think that's high for Burns and Higgins? I think Burns could be a 2nd rounder, but not at #40 overall. I will say I am intrigued by Higgins.

Get that 1st pick out of your head. Will never happen.

Joe, this really could be the year.

i agree Tree .........something like this .... you never know !

1 Titans - Tunsil.

2 Browns - Wentz.

3 Chargers - Ramsey.

4 Cowboys - Elliot.

5 Jags - Jack.

6 Ravens - Buckner.

7 49ers - Lawson.

8 Eagles - Goff.

9 Buccs - Hargreaves.

10 Giants - Bosa

Wow, don't you think that's high for Burns and Higgins? I think Burns could be a 2nd rounder, but not at #40 overall. I will say I am intrigued by Higgins.

Joe, this really could be the year.

Not at all. Higgins is ranked the top 75 and some have Burns going late round 1

Where do you have Burns ranked in this CB class?

I'm listing Ramsey as a safety here, so I have:

1. Hargreaves

2a. Apple

2b. William Jackson III

4. Mackensie Alexander

I'll have to look at Burns more, though, I haven't really done a lot of study on him, yet.

Where do you have Burns ranked in this CB class?

I'm listing Ramsey as a safety here, so I have:

1. Hargreaves

2a. Apple

2b. William Jackson III

4. Mackensie Alexander

I'll have to look at Burns more, though, I haven't really done a lot of study on him, yet.

5th

I have

1. VH3

2. WJ3

3. Apple

4. Howard

5. Burns

You certainly have recent history on your side. 2015 draft had 5 CBs taken in the top 40 (7 in the top 50), and 2014 had 6 CBs taken in the top 40, 5 in the first round. Why don't you like Alexander? I think he's going to be a good one... and I think he'll be taken before 40, with a good chance he'll go in the first. Alexander has that penultimate CB swagger that the great ones have.

You certainly have recent history on your side. 2015 draft had 5 CBs taken in the top 40 (7 in the top 50), and 2014 had 6 CBs taken in the top 40, 5 in the first round. Why don't you like Alexander? I think he's going to be a good one... and I think he'll be taken before 40, with a good chance he'll go in the first. Alexander has that penultimate CB swagger that the great ones have.

Lack of ball skills bother me, though it was in part system. Zero career int's

I do these sims and keep coming up with same

1. Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

Was against this pick until thinking more about it. He will be the bpa that also solves a major hole. The ball comes out quick, but this offense was stale. There was no big play capability unless OBJ broke one off a slant. Run game was awful in part offensive line and in part RB's suck. They were 31st in red percentage and could n't get that one 1st down to wnd a game. I come to really like Stanley and I guess they'll figure out who fits where best between Flowers and Stanley. We could have a good to great oline with all being 26 and under.

2. Carl Nassib DE Penn St

He's somewhat stiff, but was B10 player of the year with 15.5 sacks in a breakout year. Will play in rotation while he learns for a year then takes over for JPP at SDE

Perfect replacement for Randle. Runs crisp routes, has hands for days and is shifty in the open field. He's brash and aggressive(which they didn't have with Randle) Giants have gone CSU route with Richburg who ended up a steal, I think Higgins does as well)

Nicknamed "Hollywood" which I love

4. Harlan Miller CB SE Louisiana

Great ball skills with lanky frame and long arms to high point passes. Not the greatest timed(4.57 40) has quick feet though that allow him to mirror slots receivers, plus the frame to handle TE's. Played in a 4-2-5 scheme similar to what Giants run both inside and outside

5. Kelvin Taylor RB Florida

Fred Taylor's son. Has speed and receiving ability. Had 13 td's which will help the Giants with their 2nd worst 5. Has secure ball skills,zero career fumbles

6. Temarrick Hemingway TE SC St

I do these sims and keep coming up with same

1. Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame

Was against this pick until thinking more about it. He will be the bpa that also solves a major hole. The ball comes out quick, but this offense was stale. There was no big play capability unless OBJ broke one off a slant. Run game was awful in part offensive line and in part RB's suck. They were 31st in red percentage and could n't get that one 1st down to wnd a game. I come to really like Stanley and I guess they'll figure out who fits where best between Flowers and Stanley. We could have a good to great oline with all being 26 and under.

2. Carl Nassib DE Penn St

He's somewhat stiff, but was B10 player of the year with 15.5 sacks in a breakout year. Will play in rotation while he learns for a year then takes over for JPP at SDE

Perfect replacement for Randle. Runs crisp routes, has hands for days and is shifty in the open field. He's brash and aggressive(which they didn't have with Randle) Giants have gone CSU route with Richburg who ended up a steal, I think Higgins does as well)

Nicknamed "Hollywood" which I love

4. Harlan Miller CB SE Louisiana

Great ball skills with lanky frame and long arms to high point passes. Not the greatest timed(4.57 40) has quick feet though that allow him to mirror slots receivers, plus the frame to handle TE's. Played in a 4-2-5 scheme similar to what Giants run both inside and outside

5. Kelvin Taylor RB Florida

Fred Taylor's son. Has speed and receiving ability. Had 13 td's which will help the Giants with their league low 5. Has secure ball skills,zero career fumbles

6. Stephen Weatherly LB Vanderbilt

I know you all don't want this long for a LB, but Weatherly is a under the radar LB prospect who needs work at functional strength, but finds his way on blitzes through the A gap. With some time to learn Weatherly can be that rush LB who can also drop into zones the Giants are looking for

Idk about picking a LB in the 7th... The Giants have to take one in the first 2 rounds... 3 at worst. It doesn't help picking the BPA if your LB corp continue to stink.... Time to get a damn good LB who will man the middle for years to come and there are quite a few really good ones slated to go in the 1st 2 rounds.

He's not a terrible option but I'm worried about his athletic limitations. 4.64 40 at the combine isn't a huge concern for me, but only a 32 inch vert and 116 inch broad jump concern me, as well as the fact that he wouldn't run the 3-cone, 20 yard shuttle, or 60 yard shuttle. Highlights are nice but he was definitely playing against 2nd (or even 3rd) tier comp.

If you put him up against Charone Peake of Clemson, it's Peake by a mile. Same for Sterling Shepard, although the latter is a little smaller than my liking, but he plays big.

He's not a terrible option but I'm worried about his athletic limitations. 4.64 40 at the combine isn't a huge concern for me, but only a 32 inch vert and 116 inch broad jump concern me, as well as the fact that he wouldn't run the 3-cone, 20 yard shuttle, or 60 yard shuttle. Highlights are nice but he was definitely playing against 2nd (or even 3rd) tier comp.

If you put him up against Charone Peake of Clemson, it's Peake by a mile. Same for Sterling Shepard, although the latter is a little smaller than my liking, but he plays big.

I like Peake. I like Pharoh Cooper alot too in that 3rd round range, but he's small. Higgins tape is much than he tested

Idk about picking a LB in the 7th... The Giants have to take one in the first 2 rounds... 3 at worst. It doesn't help picking the BPA if your LB corp continue to stink.... Time to get a damn good LB who will man the middle for years to come and there are quite a few really good ones slated to go in the 1st 2 rounds.

There's not really. You have Jack, Floyd, Lee has the three athletic ones. Deion Jones would be next and I wouldn't take him at 40. I don't think Ragland, Brothers those throwback thumper types are what they want or need. Tyler Matakevich is Herzlich 2.0

I'm praying somehow Jack falls to us... and it's a real possibility if he gets past the Jags. We're really overdue for a MLB who will anchor the position for years to come...

That's not Jack though. He's not an MLB.

I'm praying somehow Jack falls to us... and it's a real possibility if he gets past the Jags. We're really overdue for a MLB who will anchor the position for years to come...

well Casserly thinks that Jack will fall to us at 10 ............keep praying Nas

That wouldn't be the smart play though. His best position would be weak side linebacker. I thought you were big on Robinson anyway.

I am actually... I just get the sense the FO signed him a stop gap... and Having Kennard, Robinson, Jack among others may just turn around the LB position for us..