SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

Why not? He's still a playmaker, he just does it in a different way. They need someone that can move the chains and is good in the red zone. Andre Johnson went three overall and Mike Evans went 7th

Because I dont feel like Tredwell is even on the same level as Evans and Johnson.

He's a second round WR who's been elevated to the first because there simply isnt any game changing talent at WR in this years draft.

Tbh if that possession wr is gonna move the chains and help us improve in the red zone then he is a difference maker.

Right now my focus is on the OL and secondary. That James Brewer comparison scared me about Stanley, but we still need to complete the ol and considering the lack of depth we have at corner we definitely need to make a move there, but at the same time I wouldn't be mad at a Treadwell pick either. Beckham, Treadwell, Harris and Cruz would be a monstrous WR Corps.

I don't think RT is that big an issue

Because I dont feel like Tredwell is even on the same level as Evans and Johnson.

He's a second round WR who's been elevated to the first because there simply isnt any game changing talent at WR in this years draft.

I don't see why you don't like him. The only issue may be timed speed, he'll probably run in the 4.52 range which is where Jeffery and Evans were. Jeffery went in round two behind " faster" studs like Brian Quick, A.J Jenkins, Stephen Hill and Kendall Wright

I don't see why you don't like him. The only issue may be timed speed, he'll probably run in the 4.52 range which is where Jeffery and Evans were. Jeffery went in round two behind " faster" studs like Brian Quick, A.J Jenkins, Stephen Hill and Kendall Wright

It's not that I dont like him, it's just that why waste the 10th pick on a WR who you could get the same projected level of talent/production in the second round.

Why settle for that?

You can basically flip this defense around by getting one of these defensive talents in round one PLUS get a guy like Shepard or Doctson in the secound round who are even better possession and route runners then Treadwell.

It's not that I dont like him, it's just that why waste the 10th pick on a WR who you could get the same projected level of talent/production in the second round.

Why settle for that?

You can basically flip this defense around by getting one of these defensive talents in round one PLUS get a guy like Shepard or Doctson in the secound round who are even better possession and route runners then Treadwell.

Doctson is not a better route runner than Treadwell and he's not lasting to round 2 either. The defensive talent is deep in this class, which is why it's better to wait there. You get a Deion Jones in round two who's not that much different than Darron Lee or a Nassib/Kaufusi who's not are not much different than Lawson

Doctson is not a better route runner than Treadwell and he's not lasting to round 2 either. The defensive talent is deep in this class, which is why it's better to wait there. You get a Deion Jones in round two who's not that much different than Darron Lee or a Nassib/Kaufusi who's not are not much different than Lawson

I still dont feel that's a valid reason to grab a player like Treadwell, now if he was going to be the next Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, OBJ, sure but if this is a draft where the Giants could load up on defensive talent I want them to go for it instead of reaching for a WR who they could get in rounds two or three.

This is Thomas working over DB Kendall Fuller, projected to be a 1st round draft pick.

*Edit - You'll also see Braxton Miller featured in this vid. Nobody should sleep on Miller because he's a converted QB. He has all the tools and is an incredible athlete. Had a phenomenal combine, too. 3rd in the 3-cone, 1st in the 20-yard shuttle, 1st in the 60 yard shuttle, and ran a 4.50 40.

This is Thomas working over DB Kendall Fuller, projected to be a 1st round draft pick.

*Edit - You'll also see Braxton Miller featured in this vid. Nobody should sleep on Miller because he's a converted QB. He has all the tools and is an incredible athlete. Had a phenomenal combine, too. 3rd in the 3-cone, 1st in the 20-yard shuttle, 1st in the 60 yard shuttle, and ran a 4.50 40.

There's development for both of them because of Ohio State's system, but they are solid prospects. Miller only had 26 receptions, he had games were he dominated like the opener vs. Va Tech and had games where they didn't use him at all

Tbh if that possession wr is gonna move the chains and help us improve in the red zone then he is a difference maker.

Right now my focus is on the OL and secondary. That James Brewer comparison scared me about Stanley, but we still need to complete the ol and considering the lack of depth we have at corner we definitely need to make a move there, but at the same time I wouldn't be mad at a Treadwell pick either. Beckham, Treadwell, Harris and Cruz would be a monstrous WR Corps.

That was a comparison on testing and not tape, which points to my biggest concern about Stanley which is effort. If he's the athlete he's supposed to be with great feet, I don't know what causes a 8.03 three cone if his feet are supposed to be good

Treadwell had only a 33 inch vertical at the combine, which was bad and shocking, particularly for him and for a guy who's 6'2.

He also may have trouble with better corners in this league.

He'll be decent in the NFL, but nothing special. Not worth a 10 in my view.

I feel like Evans has to be his floor to justify pick 10. I'm not a college guy like you fellas but I was a lot more impressed with the YouTube videos of cooper and Parker last year. Though that might not be an indictment because coopers already a star and Parker started to flash at the end of the year once he got snaps

I just miss the days when we needed a 3 and out, we knew our D would give us that... it's for that reason, I think we should go defense in the first round... JPP is a big question mark and even if he does well, we need more DEs anyway...

I just miss the days when we needed a 3 and out, we knew our D would give us that... it's for that reason, I think we should go defense in the first round... JPP is a big question mark and even if he does well, we need more DEs anyway...

Right Spags relies on pressure from the front four to create turnovers on the back end. Hargreaves would be great coupled with Nassib in round 3

Boldin ran a 4.71 and ended up in the 50's. Boldin at least some explosion too. That 33" vert was not good from Treadwell either

Exactly who I was thinking of.

And yeah, I'm more disappointed in the vertical leap than that 40 time. Unless he also has that same top notch feel for the game as Boldin, those are not NFL receiver measurables.