SportsWrath

Let the mock drafts begin!

mastershake

The way I see it (and I'm not going on a lot of research here) is that Lee's not going to be a dedicated pass rusher, his skill set is more in tune with a role in coverage with some blitzing, where Floyd is more of a Clay Matthews type OLB rusher. I think Lee would be a better 4-3 OLB and Floyd a 3-4 OLB.

I think this is right. I'd be happy with either. I give the slight edge to Floyd because I think, in coverage or rush, he closes so many passing windows with his length.

I think this is right. I'd be happy with either. I give the slight edge to Floyd because I think, in coverage or rush, he closes so many passing windows with his length.

Agree and he is a better wrap up tackler. He has the power to stuff the run. RB's slip tackles on Lee and at times bounce off him

This I think they would put Floyd at SAM and move Kennard inside and in the NASCAR package they put him at 9t. There will be some moving around obviously, they can blitz him with JPP being a two gapping DE similar to Bennett and Irvin in Seattle. Do we want SAM:Kennard MIKE: Robinson WILL: Lee or SAM: Floyd MIKE:Kennard Will: JT Thomas. I like the latter better

I would be extremely surprised if they made Kennard the MLB this season. The guy needs to show he can play an entire season.

I would think Kennard - Robinson - Lee would be a pretty good long-term solution for our LB corps if (big if) they can stay reasonably healthy. I won't cry if they pick Floyd, obviously the guy has some utility, but we'd still be looking to upgrade over JT Thomas sometime soon.

I think that's his best fit and don't think Robinson was brought in to start

I think he was definitely brought in to start.

others agree.

NJ Advance Media's Jordan Raanan reports newly-signed LB Keenan Robinson is expected to start at middle linebacker for the Giants.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7575/keenan-robinson

And this says

"Giants signed ILB Keenan Robinson, formerly of the Redskins, to a one-year contract "worth up to $3.5 million."

Robinson started 21 games over the past two seasons, but should be arriving in New York as a reserve. At least going by Pro Football Focus' ratings, he was one of the least effective players in the league in 2015. The Giants shouldn't be done adding to their linebacker corps."

Related: Redskins

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

And this says

"Giants signed ILB Keenan Robinson, formerly of the Redskins, to a one-year contract "worth up to $3.5 million."

Robinson started 21 games over the past two seasons, but should be arriving in New York as a reserve. At least going by Pro Football Focus' ratings, he was one of the least effective players in the league in 2015. The Giants shouldn't be done adding to their linebacker corps."

Least effective? Sounds like a lot of bullshit.

And this says

Sounds about right for the Giants blue print.

Not sure I'd want a nickel corner that high

Hargreaves is potentially a safe and sure fire pick, plus integral in a league that frequently plays 3-4 wr sets. Meanwhile, he'll likely become better than DRC or Jenkins. We desperately need DB depth and outside Ramsey, Hargreaves, Alexander, this is not a deep draft for DBs (I don't expect Apple or Jackson to be around at pick 40 in the 2nd rd)

Hargreaves is potentially a safe and sure fire pick, plus integral in a league that frequently plays 3-4 wr sets. Meanwhile, he'll likely become better than DRC or Jenkins. We desperately need DB depth and outside Ramsey, Hargreaves, Alexander, this is not a deep draft for DBs (I don't expect Apple or Jackson to be around at pick 40 in the 2nd rd)

I look at position value. No LB in the 2nd will be as good as Floyd, but give me Artie Burns at 40 to play NB

After thinking this is my final mock

1. Vernon Hargreaves III CB Florida

2. Deion Jones LB LSU (Moving up boards and honestly could be better than Lee)

3. Bronson Kaufusi DE BYU or Carl Nassib DE Penn St

4. Joe Haeg OT NDSU

5. Tajae Sharpe WR UMASS or Paul McRoberts WR SEMO ST

6. Keith Marshall RB Georgia

Yet he's better than anyone we have on the roster... I think this guy is going to be a stud in our D and will be a starter for years to come.

I hope he pans out too, but your current opinion isn't based on statistical performance. By contrast, Brinkley was rated as one of the best MLBs in the league during his few starts and I think it's his position to lose.

I hope he pans out too, but your current opinion isn't based on statistical performance. By contrast, Brinkley was rated as one of the best MLBs in the league during his few starts and I think it's his position to lose.

Yeah I mean Robinson was benched by the 'Skins for poor play, the Redskins of all teams who arent exactly all that stacked at LB.

If he plays like he did in 2013 then it will be a surprise, but he's been on the IR and missed a lot of game time and has of recent played like complete garbage.

Like I said before typical JR signing.