SportsWrath

Giants aren't very good

JMFP

I want Coughlin and Eli to come back next year just because I think McAdoo deserves more than a single season to try and make this thing work. But honestly I'm getting close to not caring about Giants football anymore.

I used to think this.

Now I want Eli to end his career on a team with some talent.....I'd like Coughlin to retire so he has a chance at the Hall....and I want to see the GM who was stocked this team to show me he's the genius he acts like whenever he opens his mouth.

Go ahead, Jerry, hire a new coach and let the Nassib Era begin....I see Super Bowls in our future.

it's not all bad guys. at least our punter bench pressing rick reilly is currently trending on facebook

His impressive physique certainly hasn't translated onto the field with his net punting average. Still, he did have a hell of a playoff and Super Bowl run. And he was stellar for several years after that. Now, on more punts than is acceptable, he's a liability. Maybe because he's out there so much and he's bound to have a few duds or maybe because he's playing on one leg and the team refuses to accept that it's effecting his punting.

His inability to kick us out of our own end of the field and punt the ball only 40 yards on a line drive when he's standing at our goal line is pretty detrimental to the team.

I want Coughlin and Eli to come back next year just because I think McAdoo deserves more than a single season to try and make this thing work. But honestly I'm getting close to not caring about Giants football anymore.

Ditto, I haven't given much of a fuck. Stale team and it's pretty predictable now where this team stands

Ayup... it will probably be one of those years where I will watch the occasional game or two... I did not watch last night ... and will act as if its a strike season. If by some miracle they revive... I will watch them then. Still love my Giants... but like an old relationship...its not all a bed of roses. The Giants right now are like a sick wife/girlfriend that you are taking care of with a bad case of the flu...the vomiting...the diarrhea... the aches/pains...chills... the whining... we just have to help them weather through it. I am long since past wishing the Giants were a steady team like the Patsies... in it just about every year... 45 years of cheering for them lets you know that there will be stupendous highs and stultifying lows... This is one of the latter periods. They shall rise again. So I will definitely be honing my gaming skills this season of Sundays while listening to the game on the radio in the background. ;)

Ayup... it will probably be one of those years where I will watch the occasional game or two... I did not watch last night ... and will act as if its a strike season. If by some miracle they revive... I will watch them then. Still love my Giants... but like an old relationship...its not all a bed of roses. The Giants right now are like a sick wife/girlfriend that you are taking care of with a bad case of the flu...the vomiting...the diarrhea... the aches/pains...chills... the whining... we just have to help them weather through it. I am long since past wishing the Giants were a steady team like the Patsies... in it just about every year... 45 years of cheering for them lets you know that there will be stupendous highs and stultifying lows... This is one of the latter periods. They shall rise again. So I will definitely be honing my gaming skills this season of Sundays while listening to the game on the radio in the background. ;)

This, right now we just don't have the people on the field that can get it done. :TU:

So far....

-3 of the top 5 cbs are on IR

-the starting MLB on IR

-top WR on IR

-have to believe Richburg is heading to IR

-best o lineman in schwartz hasn't played yet.

-starting RB Rashad Jennings hasnt played in a month

-Odell Beckham Junior missed the first month.

Make what work? I seriously can't tell the difference between his offense and Gilbride's. I'm starting to think McAdoo is just a ruse, and Gilbride is still hiding upstairs in the box.

I don't understand why people are so gloom today. I actually walked away very please with the outcome of last nights game. I mean, given the circumstances ... Playing away in a hostile environment, having a short week to prepare and still have the Colt Barely beat us, gives me hope the future looks bright for this team...

I don't understand why people are so gloom today. I actually walked away very please with the outcome of last nights game. I mean, given the circumstances ... Playing away in a hostile environment, having a short week to prepare and still have the Colt Barely beat us, gives me hope the future looks bright for this team...

:laugh: It's like reading acid.

Its not just Giants football, its football overall for me. The NFL has really destroyed their product.

I used to watch 3-5 games a week... now I make it through 1.5 quarters of a Giants game before I turn it off.

Its not just Giants football, its football overall for me. The NFL has really destroyed their product.

I used to watch 3-5 games a week... now I make it through 1.5 quarters of a Giants game before I turn it off.

Agreed the game is very slow and there's a flag on every other play

His impressive physique certainly hasn't translated onto the field with his net punting average. Still, he did have a hell of a playoff and Super Bowl run. And he was stellar for several years after that. Now, on more punts than is acceptable, he's a liability. Maybe because he's out there so much and he's bound to have a few duds or maybe because he's playing on one leg and the team refuses to accept that it's effecting his punting.

His inability to kick us out of our own end of the field and punt the ball only 40 yards on a line drive when he's standing at our goal line is pretty detrimental to the team.

That's because punting is an art... it's why guys like Feagle are amazing despite not being overly athletic. I (as a soccer player who was a pretty good kicker) sucked at punting...Yes the hang time was there.. but it was a 20 yard punt.. I guess that takes practice. But on the whole he's been very good for us so I'm not going to blame him... we have much bigger issues and some are on the coaching who let talent warm the bench only to see slow winded vets suck out there...

On the bright side, ODB is a bad man.

From here out, I'm just going to try to enjoy watching the young guys develop. Unfortunately, other than ODB, I don't see much promise among the young players.

That's why one of our most important offseason moves is to get a true #1... via FA not the draft.. the draft we need to focus the first 3 rounds on OLs and DLs...

We just don't have enough talent to overcome mistakes. The Giants have to play mistake free football, I only watched the first half but in that first half they dropped 5 catchable balls.

Ruben Randle is fucking awful. AWFUL.

Not a starter at all, guy looked bad.

That's why one of our most important offseason moves is to get a true #1... via FA not the draft.. the draft we need to focus the first 3 rounds on OLs and DLs...

Are you sure ODB isn't the guy? Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas are scheduled to be free agents, but they're not Giants kind of guys anyway, they have to ride the short bus to the stadium.

And the offensive line is as bad this season as last, I'm going to lose my shit if the Giants don't draft a couple offensive linemen before round 4 is over next draft.

Are you sure ODB isn't the guy? Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas are scheduled to be free agents, but they're not Giants kind of guys anyway, they have to ride the short bus to the stadium.

And the offensive line is as bad this season as last, I'm going to lose my shit if the Giants don't draft a couple offensive linemen before round 4 is over next draft.

No ODB doesn't fit the physique needed for a #1... he's freaking athletic and I love it.. but imagine him opposite of a Brandon Marshall out there (or a healthy Nicks without the Maxi pad).... because having only one really good WR means the D can double team him and that's that... just like the Colts did yesterday.

And I'd love to have Dez.. yes he drops the ball here and there but who doesn't? But least he plays with fire... something this team hasn't had since Strahan retired.

Edit: The added bonus of taking him from Dallas.

No ODB doesn't fit the physique needed for a #1... he's freaking athletic and I love it.. but imagine him opposite of a Brandon Marshall out there (or a healthy Nicks without the Maxi pad).... because having only one really good WR means the D can double team him and that's that... just like the Colts did yesterday.

And I'd love to have Dez.. yes he drops the ball here and there but who doesn't? But least he plays with fire... something this team hasn't had since Strahan retired.

Edit: The added bonus of taking him from Dallas.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you talking about simply having one of the top 32 WRs in the NFL (i.e., a #1 receiver), or an X receiver? Because the X isn't necessarily the #1 receiver on the team, its just a designation for where they usually line up and the kinds of routes they typically run... and yeah, usually he's the best one on the team anyway.

Dez Bryant makes me uneasy.... he's an incredible talent, but something about him makes me think he's probably a real turd as a person. And there are lots of flies in NYC, just waiting to swarm on a guy like that. But you know what, I wouldn't complain if they went hard after him. Take a chance, worst case just drive up his price for Dallas.