SportsWrath

Giants aren't very good

JMFP

Guess we are canceling that super bowl party huh :ermm:

Are they better than last year's Giants?

The question going into this season was there enough done in the offseason to make this a better team than last year. That remains to be seen.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you talking about simply having one of the top 32 WRs in the NFL (i.e., a #1 receiver), or an X receiver? Because the X isn't necessarily the #1 receiver on the team, its just a designation for where they usually line up and the kinds of routes they typically run... and yeah, usually he's the best one on the team anyway.

Dez Bryant makes me uneasy.... he's an incredible talent, but something about him makes me think he's probably a real turd as a person. And there are lots of flies in NYC, just waiting to swarm on a guy like that. But you know what, I wouldn't complain if they went hard after him. Take a chance, worst case just drive up his price for Dallas.

Exactly. Antonio Brown isn't a prototypical X receiver either but he's probably the best in the NFL right now at getting open no matter where he's placed on the field, and making YACs. ODB is more Brown than Bryant.

Guess we are canceling that super bowl party huh :ermm:

Are they better than last year's Giants?

The question going into this season was there enough done in the offseason to make this a better team than last year. That remains to be seen.

We'll never know, because of all the injuries. And only because Coughlin made it sound, when he took over the team, that a head coach had some power over injuries, do I throw that back in his face. Because although there were 2 super bowls, there was never an improvement in health. As a matter of fact, it's probably worse. Seems like the NFL has stopped caring so much about keeping folks healthy and care more about having able bodies to replace fallen warriors.

Its not just Giants football, its football overall for me. The NFL has really destroyed their product.

I used to watch 3-5 games a week... now I make it through 1.5 quarters of a Giants game before I turn it off.

Yup.....it's just not a fun game to watch anymore. It's a battle of attrition....you start off the season, and steadily watch as 1-2 starters per week blow out their knees, ankles, backs, biceps, etc.

I'm starting to think it's just an inherently flawed sport.....a game that shouldn't even be played.

And right now, outside of Coughlin and Manning, this roster is Jerry Reeses.....and it sucks ass.

Yep and TY Hilton is 5'8 and out muscled DRC for a TD last night. ODB plays big because of the way he high points the ball

yeah it's too bad too cuz drc made a nice play on the ball, just couldn't beat him out for the finish

We'll never know, because of all the injuries. And only because Coughlin made it sound, when he took over the team, that a head coach had some power over injuries, do I throw that back in his face. Because although there were 2 super bowls, there was never an improvement in health. As a matter of fact, it's probably worse. Seems like the NFL has stopped caring so much about keeping folks healthy and care more about having able bodies to replace fallen warriors.

Yeah I'm really curious what Coughlin 2014 would say to Coughlin 2004. It is worse unfortunately, we have had more people on injured reserve since 2004.

Regarding injuries every team in the league has them and as a team the next guy must be ready to start if one guy goes down. It is mind boggling to think we have lost nearly the entire starting secondary. Antrelle Rolle is the last man standing from that unit and that is where most of our efforts were focused this offseason.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you talking about simply having one of the top 32 WRs in the NFL (i.e., a #1 receiver), or an X receiver? Because the X isn't necessarily the #1 receiver on the team, its just a designation for where they usually line up and the kinds of routes they typically run... and yeah, usually he's the best one on the team anyway.

Dez Bryant makes me uneasy.... he's an incredible talent, but something about him makes me think he's probably a real turd as a person. And there are lots of flies in NYC, just waiting to swarm on a guy like that. But you know what, I wouldn't complain if they went hard after him. Take a chance, worst case just drive up his price for Dallas.

Yes I meant the X and I always equate that with being No 1. Dez plays with fire... something this team hasn't had since the Great #92 retired. I don't buy into that NYC is somehow tougher to play in .. it's hype. And yes... go after him because let's face it... Cruz is replaced by ODB... and like you said at least drive up the price for Jerry.

Exactly. Antonio Brown isn't a prototypical X receiver either but he's probably the best in the NFL right now at getting open no matter where he's placed on the field, and making YACs. ODB is more Brown than Bryant.

He's not even the Steelers X...Wheaton is. Nelson is GB's #1 and lines up at X,Y and slot. We don't need a true possesion guy, but then again McAdoe isn't running the GB/WCO like we thought

Yeah I'm really curious what Coughlin 2014 would say to Coughlin 2004. It is worse unfortunately, we have had more people on injured reserve since 2004.

Regarding injuries every team in the league has them and as a team the next guy must be ready to start if one guy goes down. It is mind boggling to think we have lost nearly the entire starting secondary. Antrelle Rolle is the last man standing from that unit and that is where most of our efforts were focused this offseason.

That would be an excellent question to pose to him.

Holy shit.......

2009: Nicks, Clint Simtum, Will Beatty, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckum, Andre Brown, Rhett Bomar. Diandre Wright, Stoney Woodson.
2010: JPP, Linval Joseph, Chad Jones, Phillip Dillard, Mitch Petrus, Adrien Tracy, Matt Dodge
2011: Prince, Marvin Austin, Jerrnigan, James Brewer, Greg Jones, Tyler Sash, Jaquain Williams,
2012: David Wilson, Randle, Hosley, Adrian Robinson, Mosley, Mccants, Kuhn

2013: Pugh, Hankins, Moore, Nassib, Cooper Taylor, Herman, Cox

2014: Beckam, Richburg, Bromley, Williams, Berhre, Kennard, Jackson.

2009 through 2012 is an absolute wasteland.

Holy shit.......

2009: Nicks, Clint Simtum, Will Beatty, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckum, Andre Brown, Rhett Bomar. Diandre Wright, Stoney Woodson.

2010: JPP, Linval Joseph, Chad Jones, Phillip Dillard, Mitch Petrus, Adrien Tracy, Matt Dodge

2011: Prince, Marvin Austin, Jerrnigan, James Brewer, Greg Jones, Tyler Sash, Jaquain Williams,

lol, One player from 2009 on the roster still. One player from 2010 on the roster still.

Holy shit.......

Where is the comparison against other GMs?

I thought about that the other night as well... And to be fair, the draft "philosophy" changed at least this year.. we noticed more focus on character and certainly getting away from finding that one guy that everyone miraculously missed...

Easy.....show me any other GM that has only 2 players (in our case, Hankins and Beckham) who are healthy, and playing impact football.

Every else is:

A) Gone

B) Injured

C) Average at best

As far as injuries go, I say tough shit.....it's Reese's job to build the roster.