SportsWrath

Why hasn't ...

NeMesiS

just to play devils advocate, the pass rush was getting home against Minnesota, but Freeman was getting the ball out of there in time, just not on target.

it may be a different story if/when JPP gets back in game shape. Which should be.... NOW.

13 pressures out of 50 some dropbacks isn't really getting home, in my opinion. That's 1 out of every 5 dropbacks they got some pressure. Once out of 50 times they sacked the QB. That's not good.

I've been thinking on the lack of sacks as well. The defensive line is stuffing the run this year and we are seeing more QB's dropping back and having a lot of time to hang back and find an open receiver. I'm guessing that there are a couple of factors in play before I'd blame the coaches.

We got bigger, older, and slower at defensive tackle.

Justin Tuck isn't as fast as he was four years ago. He has to overpower guys instead of getting around them. He's playing more DE instead of DT and facing faster Tackles vs the slower Guards.

Jason Pierre Paul has been neutralized. I think he has gotten by with speed more than power so far and now he needs to incorporate more moves into his repertoire.

Mathias Kiwanuka is just not used to playing defensive end. This poor guy has flipped back and forth way too many times.

Now we have had a problem with scrambling QB's and that comes down to a lack of lane discipline.

just to play devils advocate, the pass rush was getting home against Minnesota, but Freeman was getting the ball out of there in time, just not on target.

it may be a different story if/when JPP gets back in game shape. Which should be.... NOW.

JPP said he wont be %100 til 2014.

That's a great question. On a line that has the likes of Kiwi, JPP, and Tuck, 6 sacks is fucking inexcusable.

All 3 suck... he can't tackle for them... JPP is a one season wonder... and it's now clear that Tuck is nothing without Strahan.

13 pressures out of 50 some dropbacks isn't really getting home, in my opinion. That's 1 out of every 5 dropbacks they got some pressure. Once out of 50 times they sacked the QB. That's not good.

It was only 13? It seemed like a lot more than that to me... oh well.

Sucks about JPP's back. I think when the team is mathematically eliminated they should just shut him down.

It was only 13? It seemed like a lot more than that to me... oh well.

Sucks about JPP's back. I think when the team is mathematically eliminated they should just shut him down.

It's better than par for the course the Giants had been getting, so anything is better than the status quo

Good thing we have so much depth at DE, so when we have injuries we don't have to... oh, wait, nevermind.

The whole JPP thing has been a debacle....and frankly, I blame the training/medical staff for that one.

If the dude is having back problems, he should have been shut down in 2012 for surgery and rehab. Or, he could have had the surgery once they were eliminated, which still would have given him months for rehad.

Instead, they wait until camp is set to open....start him Game 1, and give him more snaps than any other lineman. This is totally unacceptable when you are talking about an all-pro who is the supposed linchpin of your defense. Insofar as the coaching staff has a decision on this, they deserve blame too.

You'd think between the doctors, trainers, Coughlin and JPP, a light bulb would have gone off somewhere.

Instead, it was a worst case scenario..... less than 100% in 2012, less than 100% in 2013, and they way he is getting overplayed, I have no idea what shape he'll be in 2014.

The whole JPP thing has been a debacle....and frankly, I blame the training/medical staff for that one.

If the dude is having back problems, he should have been shut down in 2012 for surgery and rehab. Or, he could have had the surgery once they were eliminated, which still would have given him months for rehad.

Instead, they wait until camp is set to open....start him Game 1, and give him more snaps than any other lineman. This is totally unacceptable when you are talking about an all-pro who is the supposed linchpin of your defense. Insofar as the coaching staff has a decision on this, they deserve blame too.

You'd think between the doctors, trainers, Coughlin and JPP, a light bulb would have gone off somewhere.

Instead, it was a worst case scenario..... less than 100% in 2012, less than 100% in 2013, and they way he is getting overplayed, I have no idea what shape he'll be in 2014.

This...Squared... Never was a believer in playing a hurt starter over a hungry less skilled but healthy replacement. And linemen are constantly getting their backs wrenched on either side of the line. Comes with the territory so why play a guy who is not 100% who risks further injury because of not being at full strength? As Herc mentioned I hope I get the chance to pose to Cheerleader sometime in the afterlife...so you suffered the so-called "preventable" cancer of injuries that you accused Fassell of not being able to deal with...well it looks like you dealt with it worse eh there Cheerleader... :P

Yeah but he's active, and playing the run very well........for a guy just off back surgery he's remarkable........having said that I'd like to see some DeMonster in there.

I would like the kid to get some reps too. They should move JPP back to LDE next year. We need a rotation like we used to have.