SportsWrath

Giants release Bradshaw.

BlueInCanada

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136804/article/ahmad-bradshaw-released-by-new-york-giants

The New York Giants released starting running back Ahmad Bradshaw on Wednesday, a source with knowledge of the Giants' moves told NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

The move was somewhat expected since Bradshaw had seen his playing time cut in 2012 to fellow running backs David Wilson and Andre Brown.

Bradshaw rushed for 4,232 yards and 32 touchdowns in six seasons with the Giants.

Bradshaw's release comes one day after the Giants released veteran linebacker Michael Boley.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

I believe cutting DT Chris Canty saves the Giants $6.5M in cap space. With Bradshaw's $2.75M and Boley's $4.5M, total savings is $13.75M.

Bradshaw was to make 3.75 in salary in 2013 and 4.00 in salary in 2014. He had a total remaining salary bonus of 3.00. So that 3.00 comes due this year. We have a net savings of 0.75 this year and 4.00 next year with Bradshaw.

Canty was to make 6.25 in salary in 2013 and 6.50 in salary in 2014. He had a total remaining salary bonus of 2.20. So that 2.20 comes due this year. We have a net savings of 4.05 this year and 6.50 next year with Canty.

Diehl is set to make 4.75 in salary in 2013. He has a total remaining salary bonus of 3.35. Cutting him would only save 1.4 this year. There are no out years in his contract. It'd make more sense (for the Giants) for him to restructure at a reduced salary with 1-2 years added on. Given his flexibility along the line, as a fan and despite his dropping off in ability, I'd be okay with him in a backup role.

Bradshaw was to make 3.75 in salary in 2013 and 4.00 in salary in 2014. He had a total remaining salary bonus of 3.00. So that 3.00 comes due this year. We have a net savings of 0.75 this year and 4.00 next year with Bradshaw.

Canty was to make 6.25 in salary in 2013 and 6.50 in salary in 2014. He had a total remaining salary bonus of 2.20. So that 2.20 comes due this year. We have a net savings of 4.05 this year and 6.50 next year with Canty.

Diehl is set to make 4.75 in salary in 2013. He has a total remaining salary bonus of 3.35. Cutting him would only save 1.4 this year. There are no out years in his contract. It'd make more sense (for the Giants) for him to restructure at a reduced salary with 1-2 years added on. Given his flexibility along the line, as a fan and despite his dropping off in ability, I'd be okay with him in a backup role.

Great way to break this down.

Aside from the savings, Reese realizes this is his chance to remake the team. I'm sure he had the same "what the fuck?" reaction watching Wilson ride the bench while a perpetually-injured Bradshaw was run into the ground by Gilbride.

Next season we'll see a new 1/2 punch with Brown & Wilson....this offense is going to crank.

Great way to break this down.

Aside from the savings, Reese realizes this is his chance to remake the team. I'm sure he had the same "what the fuck?" reaction watching Wilson ride the bench while a perpetually-injured Bradshaw was run into the ground by Gilbride.

Next season we'll see a new 1/2 punch with Brown & Wilson....this offense is going to crank.

I actually think it'll be Wilson and "player as yet to be determined." Could be a 4th round type power guy or a FA off the street. Rumor has it the team really likes Torain as well.

I love Brown but the kid just isn't durable enough to be a back in the NFL.

I actually think it'll be Wilson and "player as yet to be determined." Could be a 4th round type power guy or a FA off the street. Rumor has it the team really likes Torain as well.

I love Brown but the kid just isn't durable enough to be a back in the NFL.

This might be true.

I'd be happy with a mid-late round RB.....that's really a great place to find value.

I really hope Reese goes on an SEC binge with OL, DT, and LB. Really don't want another mild-mannered brainac.

Also, I'd totally endorse the "best available Pacific Islander"..... need some crazy fucking dude from Tonga on this defense.

Also, I'd totally endorse the "best available Pacific Islander"..... need some crazy fucking dude from Tonga on this defense.

Star Lotulelei or Manti T'eo?

I think T'eo is there to be had with his whole stupid fake girlfriend deal.

I'm hoping they jump right to Webster...he should have been the first to go.

Part of me believes Webster had just a bad season and would be better in 2013... granted his cap figure is high so I expect a move to restructure... Also I believe Prince and (forgot his name) the guy we drafted last year in the 3rd can be our starting CBs

Part of me believes Webster had just a bad season and would be better in 2013... granted his cap figure is high so I expect a move to restructure... Also I believe Prince and (forgot his name) the guy we drafted last year in the 3rd can be our starting CBs

Prince will be starting, I really dont want Hosley trying to go up against the others teams best, maybe at most the nickle CB.

T2 is going to be released I think, it will be the Steve Smith syndrome, he'll go to some team and his knee will give out again.

I think the Giants try to restructure Webby.

Star Lotulelei or Manti T'eo?

I think T'eo is there to be had with his whole stupid fake girlfriend deal.

I think T'eo isn't tough enough for the NFL.....sorry, I want a linebacker who fucks hookers.

Sad day, that Tampa playoff game will stay with me forever. I was watching it with a friend of mine and man that was some of the god damned toughest running I've seen. He hit the holes in the blink of an eye, just trusted they would be there and if they weren't, well the first guy wasn't bringing him down.

Will remain one of my favorite Giants of all time, 26 years old, fucking injuries man.

Sad day, that Tampa playoff game will stay with me forever. I was watching it with a friend of mine and man that was some of the god damned toughest running I've seen. He hit the holes in the blink of an eye, just trusted they would be there and if they weren't, well the first guy wasn't bringing him down.

Will remain one of my favorite Giants of all time, 26 years old, fucking injuries man.

Who is that RB that Detriot had? Bess or something? Kid was a home run hitter, everything Reggie Bush should of been. Hell I was reading an article the other day about him only being in the league acouple years but he's already on the verge of retirement due to concussions.

RB is a fucked up position.

I definitely agree. One of my favorite Giants, as well. I'm pretty sad to see him go. If every Giant had the heart and desire of an Ahmad Bradshaw, we'd win the Super Bowl every year. Never seen a guy fight for an extra yard quite like Bradshaw.

I don't think we've seen the last of him in this league though, VG. If I'm a team like the Seahawks, I'm giving him a look as a backup, change of pace to a guy like Marshawn Lynch. He'd be a good fit in Pittsburgh, too, in my opinion. He plays tough, with intensity. Pittsburgh likes backs like Ahmad.