SportsWrath

Giants release Bradshaw.

BlueInCanada

Who is that RB that Detriot had? Bess or something? Kid was a home run hitter, everything Reggie Bush should of been. Hell I was reading an article the other day about him only being in the league acouple years but he's already on the verge of retirement due to concussions.

RB is a fucked up position.

Yeah, Jahvid Best...I always drafted him in Madden 11. I either saw that same article or maybe a brief snippet on Sportscenter about him and the concussions...they compared him to someone else but I can't remember who as "shooting stars" in the NFL....flashes of greatness.

I definitely agree. One of my favorite Giants, as well. I'm pretty sad to see him go. If every Giant had the heart and desire of an Ahmad Bradshaw, we'd win the Super Bowl every year. Never seen a guy fight for an extra yard quite like Bradshaw.

I don't think we've seen the last of him in this league though, VG. If I'm a team like the Seahawks, I'm giving him a look as a backup, change of pace to a guy like Marshawn Lynch. He'd be a good fit in Pittsburgh, too, in my opinion. He plays tough, with intensity. Pittsburgh likes backs like Ahmad.

first team to come to my mind for AB was Seattle as well. I could see him in Minnesota as well to prolong AP's career...but in Seattle, he'd be a second fiddle for sure...in Minnesota...probably a 3rd or 4th becuase of the beast that is AP...not to mention Gerhart and the shifty guy they move all over the formation whose name escapes me at the moment.

I definitely agree. One of my favorite Giants, as well. I'm pretty sad to see him go. If every Giant had the heart and desire of an Ahmad Bradshaw, we'd win the Super Bowl every year. Never seen a guy fight for an extra yard quite like Bradshaw.

I don't think we've seen the last of him in this league though, VG. If I'm a team like the Seahawks, I'm giving him a look as a backup, change of pace to a guy like Marshawn Lynch. He'd be a good fit in Pittsburgh, too, in my opinion. He plays tough, with intensity. Pittsburgh likes backs like Ahmad.

The woman has a Bradshaw jersey and is her favourite player so she was not happy last night. Guy gives his all and I wouldn't be surprised if he's signed by another team. If he isn't he'll probably be re-signed mid season because if Torain and Brown are considered viable backups then an injury again is a given.

I have to admit, it is sad to see him go. His toughness is without question. To come from that low in the draft to perform at the level he has is impressive.

The other thing that kinda surprises me is that he's only going to be 27 this coming season...being 26 now. You'd think he was older than that...seems he's been around a lot longer.

Between the cap math and the constant injuries, this is not surprising.

I'd imagine Jerry Reese looked at that Ravens-Giants game as what we could expect in the future.

He was a great Giant.....I hope some team picks him up and uses him as the situational (3rd down) back he has become.

first team to come to my mind for AB was Seattle as well. I could see him in Minnesota as well to prolong AP's career...but in Seattle, he'd be a second fiddle for sure...in Minnesota...probably a 3rd or 4th becuase of the beast that is AP...not to mention Gerhart and the shifty guy they move all over the formation whose name escapes me at the moment.

Percy Harvin

I don't think any team can make a move till March 12th when the FA period begins.

Because Bradshaw was cut, my understanding is that he most certainly can sign now.

A player whose contract is running out after which they become a FA, has to wait until FA.

This might be true.

I'd be happy with a mid-late round RB.....that's really a great place to find value.

I really hope Reese goes on an SEC binge with OL, DT, and LB. Really don't want another mild-mannered brainac.

Also, I'd totally endorse the "best available Pacific Islander"..... need some crazy fucking dude from Tonga on this defense.

Tonga...Samoa...whatever...just as long as he has some serious head hunter genes in the mix...

• 2 weeks later...

Ahmad will get a job with the Eagles........and he will practicaly destroy us.........and Tebow will go to Seattle where he will win a SB next year when/if Russell goes down

Damn, this is like the kiss of death for Bradshaw's post-Giants career.

Watch it unfold my friend

Shady and Bradshaw will make for constant Offensive pressure..........they will wear us out

Yes the same way Steve Smith and that TE who went to Oakland made us regret ever letting them go :doh: