SportsWrath

NOTE

Lughead

I just wrote a angry F filled post about Fewell but decided to quell it. then I started thinking does Coughlin ever rip into his coaches after games like this? I am felling very bitter about the way this game went.

Seriously. All I want is a Giants team is constantly good for a few years. Is that too much to ask? Why is this team prepared one week and then completely lost another?

that is what sticks in my craw as well. that and the O and D coaching gaffs.

Its par for the course that is the loyalty dance between Cheerleader and his coordinators...winnable games that would allow you to ease up like the Eagle game; Stealers...and this letdown tonight...we would have won the division with ten wins by now...look at the fucking Patsies already in coast mode...this just sucks...

The Giants could afford to lose this game so they did. As a fan it's really fucking annoying but it's who they are and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. Too many penalties obviously and our red zone inefficiency cost us again(1st and goal from the Pittsburgh 4 stands out). We're lucky Tynes has been so good this season.

The problem is multi-faceted:

1. We have one good linebacker.

2. Eli is still not playing very well.

3. Nicks is clearly not healthy and won't be for the entire year (he would be if we had actually sat him for the first 2 games or so though).

4. This D-line is overrated, uninspired, and pathetic.

5. This team reads their own press clippings and after a big win, thinks they're great.

6. The defensive schemes are terrible and the corners are consistently asked to play too far off their man.

The problem is multi-faceted:

1. We have one good linebacker.

2. Eli is still not playing very well.

3. Nicks is clearly not healthy and won't be for the entire year (he would be if we had actually sat him for the first 2 games or so though).

4. This D-line is overrated, uninspired, and pathetic.

5. This team reads their own press clippings and after a big win, thinks they're great.

6. The defensive schemes are terrible and the corners are consistently asked to play too far off their man.

The Mook is the best we have. Dude can tackle. I think he ought to coach others in tackling

Yeah he played well. He's going to be a good one it's looking like a steal considering how far he fell in the draft.

1st round pick. I dont think anyone in the first round can be called a steal. As long as he stays healthy and just keeps getting better and better - glad he fell to us.

Exactly, Amukamara.

Anyway this loss is not on the D. The O had a full quarter to score one point and went 3 and out twice. Eli's comebacks are starting to fizzle.

It's hard for Eli to sustain a comeback with Cruz having cases of butter fingers or Nicks not using his size to out-muscle smaller defenders.

Exactly, Amukamara.

Anyway this loss is not on the D. The O had a full quarter to score one point and went 3 and out twice. Eli's comebacks are starting to fizzle.

The penalties on special teams were very costly. Seems we were starting every drive on the 10. It changes your game plan for sure. Especially that last one. Ball would've been on the 50.

Is it just me or was the snap down. I get it, the timing might have been a tid bit off... and a tid bit off can mean a miss. But we win if Tynes makes that FG. Everybody is praising this guy way too much this year for making the kicks he should make. But anything from distance and everyone is holding their breath. Tynes is a pretty good kicker. He's the best we have for now and the best we could get on the open market for now, more than likely. And I'm not putting this loss on him but if you put those 3 points on the board, theoretically we win. And he lost us another game this year indoors from distance when we had to have it. Kicked a 8 iron when we needed the 3 wood. Blast me all you want. I'm not calling him terrible and I'm not so ridiculous as to call for Jay Carney. But the guy is way more mortal than he's given credit for.

We don't score enough touchdowns. That's the biggest problem with this team. It prevented a possible overtime against Pittsburgh and it killed us last night. Tynes is having a huge year for his standards. If we're counting on him to make every kick we don'tdeserve to win. Eli and our receivers are the identity and bread and butter of this team. They aren't finishing drives at all and viewing the season as a whole it's been really choppy. I know Nicks isn't the same but there are other guys here capable of making plays.

Exactly, Amukamara.

Exactly. The Skins only scored 17, with 7 coming on a complete fluke play that should have been a turnover 99 times out of 100. The D set a very winnable target for the O and the O failed to reach it.

Exactly. The Skins only scored 17, with 7 coming on a complete fluke play that should have been a turnover 99 times out of 100. The D set a very winnable target for the O and the O failed to reach it.

Yea... running the ball when we could've torched them in the air got under my skin. I know we were trying to play ball control but you can still run the clock with passes being complete.

IMHO the 4th quarter was a disaster for the O. Couldn't get anything going and with a D getting pounded by the run, game over. As Fringe also pointed out that STs penalty wasn't helping matters either (although that drive was 4-2-Sack so...). Just a forgettable 4th quarter all around.

IMHO the 4th quarter was a disaster for the O. Couldn't get anything going and with a D getting pounded by the run, game over. As Fringe also pointed out that STs penalty wasn't helping matters either (although that drive was 4-2-Sack so...). Just a forgettable 4th quarter all around.

The fact we can't stop the run is our Achilles heel.

The penalties on special teams were very costly. Seems we were starting every drive on the 10. It changes your game plan for sure. Especially that last one. Ball would've been on the 50.

That was the back breaker. No penalty there and we are 2 first downs from winning the game

I just wrote a angry F filled post about Fewell but decided to quell it. then I started thinking does Coughlin ever rip into his coaches after games like this? I am felling very bitter about the way this game went.

Not for nothing but thisl loss against washington had nothing to do with the defense. The D could only bend and not break so long against them. This loss is all on the offense. And special teams penalties as well. So to say that you are pissed with Fewell is absolutely out fucking rageous. I expect better from you Lug.

Not for nothing but thisl loss against washington had nothing to do with the defense. The D could only bend and not break so long against them. This loss is all on the offense. And special teams penalties as well. So to say that you are pissed with Fewell is absolutely out fucking rageous. I expect better from you Lug.

Yeah, no telling how the fumble-TD drive would have ended up, but I have no fear of the 'Skins in the redzone. As far as I'm concerned, the D is responsible for giving up 13... and that should be enough to win.

If you want to talk temporary coordinator insanity, someone explain to me why the Giants ran the ball so much against a D that is only good at defending the run. Of all weeks, Gilbride, really? Because Eli could have gone for 500 yards at will against the defense.