SportsWrath

9ers game predictions

Blindgreed1

I really like everyone on this board, and I'm not trying to be a dick here, but honestly I think the 9ers are going to devastate the G-men this week.

9ers - 30

G-men - 14

You should know the Giants only lose to sucky teams (and the Eagles). I'm not going to predict the exact score and honestly this can go either way... Yes the 9ers D is great... but is Eli and his gang... I think the Giants win a close game.

27-20, San Francisco wins. Eli throws 1 pick, we lose 1 fumble. 49ers have ball to end the game and our defense can't get off the field to give the ball back to Eli.

You're about to bring out the soup Nazi in me :rules:

You should know the Giants only lose to sucky teams (and the Eagles). I'm not going to predict the exact score and honestly this can go either way... Yes the 9ers D is great... but is Eli and his gang... I think the Giants win a close game.

It's your D that is questionable. I have no doubt the G-men will score at least twice.

I think people are blowing the Niners WAY out of proportion. And I acknowledge fully that they are a truly excellent, physical and just all around pretty awesome team. But that just highlights how much they are being blown out of proportion. They're being portrayed as like the 07' Patriots. It's silly.

Am I supposed to be quaking in my boots because they just blew out the Jets and Bills respectively? I mean, I know we've yet to beat a relevant team but what reactionism. Am I supposed to be intimidated that they hung 45 on the Bills? Really? The JETS hung 48 on the Bills.

Again, they're an awesome team, with an awesome and intimidating defense and an awesome running game but let's hold off with the "They're an unbeatable machine" kool-aid.

-Z

Hear...hear....

SF have not really beaten a good team yet ...... GB look poor , Jets mediocre , Detroit ordinary , Bills abysmal ...... And they lost to the Vikes

Alex Smith is hardly an elite QB ........is he ?

This will be a close game ......let's hope we can run the bloody football like last week

It could go either way , but I have to admit that the 49ers are just worthy favourites

( I am a bit worrIed about our run D to be honest )

SF 24 Giants 21

Hope I'm wrong

UK

I think he was talking about the Vikings D Jack.

Its amazing how many people are predicting a seige of Eli by these 49rs who have no pass rush at all

like us they are averaging 1.3 sacks per game against some awful teams

Eli has not been touched since the Dallas game

How are they going to get to Eli??.........its amazing ignorance of the facts

people are predicating everything on last years series........both teams are re-constructed and injured from last year

This will be a Giants win. Close game but not a heart stopper. The 9ers will play with too much emotion - emotion the Giants will exploit if they the keep the game out of fucking Gilbride's brain. As long as they do that - theyll have to score early and go deep early so that they can then curtail the 9er rushing game. The 9ers will probably expect that and hence I feel David Wilson should be our main RB in this game.

I'm busy driving the 49r trolls crazy on the GMB........sorry for being away

We have 8 sacks this year

the 49rs have 9

Eli has been sacked once in the last 4 games........end of story.......this will be a rout Giants by 20 plus points

38-14, I am with you pal. We outgained them and outscored them in the NFC championship, but still didn't win the game? I think the Giants are getting pissed on how disrespected they are. They are tired of hearing how, we didn't win back in January. Their D is very overrated, Minnesota proved that, their CB's suck and always have, Cruz had Ten catches for a 142 and toasted Carlos Rogers, who mocked Cruz with the Salsa dance, So....you are getting toasted all day long and make one play and think you should mock the guy, that's been toasting you? WE ARE PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blowout city in the bay, and btw I think the Coaches TC and Gilly are sick of sore loser...Harbawl

Since no former NYG WR playing against his former team ever has a bad game (Steve Smith's last touchdown might have been against us, actually) against them, I think it's safe to say that Mario Manningham will have a big game. I protect 6 receptions 96 yards and a touchdown for him.

I also predict the Giants will win the coin toss and take the ball down the field and score in the red zone.

However, Giants are going to win by a touchdown. 31-24.

That's a given. And honestly, I'm not drinking the 9ers kool aide I just don't see how your D is going to stop their assault. Your D tends to over persue and that's just an open lane for Gore to exploit. As I said above, the G-men don't have anyone in the secondary to stop him if he hits 4th gear.

He pretty much did that in the NFC Championship game and the Giants still won--plus our defense is arguably better this season. The Giants shut him down in the second half and the game turned into who had the better quarterback, receiving corps, and who had the big play offense and could make them when they were needed and arguably, and most would agree, that's the Giants, hands down. Giants special teams is better, offense is better, and the defense may be injured but they have not played badly at all. Teams aren't hanging 30+ on us and I don't see that score happening.

Alex Smith is terrible. But I will admit, the 9ers are currently playing better football. But the Giants have a tendency to show up to play against good teams.

I like our chances. The Niners haven't been challenged in two weeks and I think that benefits us. Not that they won't be prepared but you almost can't help letting down a bit with how easy it's been for them. Let's say 23-20 and we will need 7 on the last drive.