SportsWrath

Saints management at it again

Lughead

Seems Mickey Loomis had a switch to turn on a speaker or head set to listen in to opposing teams Offensive and Deffensive Play calls in the super dome 2002-2004 seasons.

Feds and the States may be in the Investigation.

Wow this team should get 25 years probation.

Loomis is already in deep shit this could lead to a whole year suspension if not he could be "kicked ot of the league" errrrr retire on his own recognizance

Seems Mickey Loomis had a switch to turn on a speaker or head set to listen in to opposing teams Offensive and Deffensive Play calls in the super dome 2002-2004 seasons.

Feds and the States may be in the Investigation.

Would explain why they are so good at home. The Giants are average at home so I don't think we need to worry about this type of scandal.

Wait you're cheating and could only mustered a .500 at home?? If this crap is true saints will be on my shit list next to iggles and cowgirls + dead skins forever!!

I do not think it's that big of a deal really, even if he was listening to the other coaches, it would be hard to dechipher what they were saying. It would also be hard for him to give that information to the Saints coaches. Every team has a different "language" when it comes to calling plays, this is part of the reason they hired Vitt to replace Payton.

I do not think it's that big of a deal really, even if he was listening to the other coaches, it would be hard to dechipher what they were saying. It would also be hard for him to give that information to the Saints coaches. Every team has a different "language" when it comes to calling plays, this is part of the reason they hired Vitt to replace Payton.

Not true. Heres a few things i can think of. 1, Teams could always pick up backs ups from one team to sell out info. Or 2, if someone is smart and knows football they might pick up one or two calls from reading the first half of the game. It is still cheating.

Morons, they can't react to the play in real time but they establish patterns for the rest of the game. Of course it's an advantage.

There is an article that goes with the 2nd video, it was just too long to post on it's own:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

I find it odd there hasn't been a peep about this on NFL.com. Nothing.

During play, I don't see this being that much of an advantage to the opposing coaches. But the kicker is the halftime stuff, or the injury stuff...is the opposing QB coming back into the game or not...that kinda thing. One has to ask though, that if the GM's box was wired, why couldn't the coaches headsets be wired?

The NFL is going to have to launch an investigation into this now, which I'm sure will just piss off Goodell that much more. Shefter brought up a good point on Mike/Mike this morning...saying that when the NFL was talking to Loomis and the Saints about the bounties, they had to have asked if there was anything additional they needed to report or come clean over. Shefter also reported that the NFL did not have knowledge of this before yesterday. So...if the NFL did ask the Saints if there was anything further, and if the NFL didn't have prior knowledge, I think it's safe to assume that the Saints lied again, directly to Goodell. Sure, there's some speculation there, but it's certainly not a far leap.

The legal ramifications, from a state and federal perspective, are moot as the statute of limitations has passed...assuming the thing was in fact disconnected when they said it was. But, I'm hearing there's a civil side of this too, where every individual that was recorded, or where the Saints had the ability to record them, could potentially file a civil suit...could be real ugly for a real long time if you think about all the players, all the coaches, and all the staff in general that Loomis may have eavesdropped upon without their knowledge. One has to think that the NFL doesn't want 1,000 lawsuits lined up against the Saints.

Morons, they can't react to the play in real time but they establish patterns for the rest of the game. Of course it's an advantage.

Exactly..match up the plays to the terminology in the second half and they have a clearer picture of what to expect from the opponent. This is just knee jerk circle the wagons around the Saints stuff. No one in the NFL wants this to be true right now, especially after what the Saints have already been brought to task on.

They do let the coaches watch the game while it is going on fringie.

I can't imagine that hearing the audio would be more illuminating to a professional coach than watching the actual game. They have guys up high in the booth for a reason and they also have the ability to fax down shots from the so called "all - 22" camera for review on the sidelines.

They do let the coaches watch the game while it is going on fringie.

I can't imagine that hearing the audio would be more illuminating to a professional coach than watching the actual game. They have guys up high in the booth for a reason and they also have the ability to fax down shots from the so called "all - 22" camera for review on the sidelines.

Then you lack imagination.

I think....... no, I KNOW that hearing an opponents in-game adjustments in real time could be a huge advantage.

Wouldn't you like to know if your opponent has noticed, say for an example, an offensive lineman telegraphing the play call? Or that the opposing defense has figured out one of your offensive signals? There is practically no limit to the amount of valuable information that the Saints could have stole like this.

That the Saints were merely average during those years proves just how awful they really were.

Wouldn't you like to know if your opponent has noticed, say for an example, an offensive lineman telegraphing the play call? Or that the opposing defense has figured out one of your offensive signals? There is practically no limit to the amount of valuable information that the Saints could have stole like this.

Sure but this is not information that is getting spit over the radio in 10 second bursts as the plays are called in. This is the kind of things that the coaches and players are discussing on the sidelines.

As far as I know, the allegation is that he hacked radio communications between the sideline and the designated player on O and D. Not that he bugged the bench area or had access to all of the various separate hard wire links between the booth upstairs and the sideline.