SportsWrath

You guys are not going to like this thread

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

But..........FUCK ELI TOO!!!!!!!! I think it's time to come to the realization that he's just not that good......or at the very least, highly overrated. Spare me the "but he has a Super Bowl ring" excuse. You know who else has a Super Bowl ring? Let's see.........Jim Plunkett, Joe Namath, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. I think when it's all said and done, Eli will be listed amongst those one hit wonders. I'm sick of his "Awww shucks" expressions on and off the field. Sorry guys, I just don't like him.

PS: Aaron Rodgers: 6 years, $66 million

Eli Manning: 6 years, $103 million

Who would YOU rather have?

But..........FUCK ELI TOO!!!!!!!! I think it's time to come to the realization that he's just not that good......or at the very least, highly overrated. Spare me the "but he has a Super Bowl ring" excuse. You know who else has a Super Bowl ring? Let's see.........Jim Plunkett, Joe Namath, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. I think when it's all said and done, Eli will be listed amongst those one hit wonders. I'm sick of his "Awww shucks" expressions on and off the field. Sorry guys, I just don't like him.

The problem is he doesnt have accountability. No one ever gets in his face after the 3rd pick and thats the coaches fault. Cowher isnt gonna stand for that shit.

I agree. Eli is either very overrated as a QB or the scheme he is playing blows. or both. But before we junk Eli, I would like to see what he can do with new coaches

I agree. Eli is either very overrated as a QB or the scheme he is playing blows. or both. But before we junk Eli, I would like to see what he can do with new coaches

This. Exactly.. I don't think any of us thought Eli is "elite". I don't think he sucks either. And it's not like there are viable options out there.. shit anyone outside of the Patriots would trade for Rodgers in a heart beat.

On a side note, on NFL.com a video I watched where the analyist said the Giants are just not very athletic.. and it's true. Our TE, RB, and FB are subpar. And from what I hear (I'm no football expert) is Eli maybe a victim of the scheme.

Eli is not the problem. the oline gort shuffles 2 games ago and now cannot blocks for runs or passes

They are running right through the bad footed O'hara as if he's a human turnstile

If the Giants can run or pass block Eli cannnot be effective.........every pass he throws now is under durress as he cannot step into his throws and follow through........its like hitting a golf shot with no follow through......does not work for anyone. :confused:

Plunkett has two rings, and wasn't that bad of a QB. Just had too high expectations when he started out, and broke under the pressure...once he got his chance to regroup, he was fine.

Hostetler was also good--but caught behind Simms for most of his career. He kept the Raiders in contention towards the end of his career.

Eli is definitely good enough to win us SBs. That's the only thing we have to worry about.

Considering at least a couple of those picks were because Nicks ran the wrong route... I think you're overreacting. Lots of that this season out of Nicks, actually. Very disappointing.

But I'd rather have Rodgers, considering the money or not. He looked like Peyton at his best yesterday.

Considering at least a couple of those picks were because Nicks ran the wrong route... I think you're overreacting. Lots of that this season out of Nicks, actually. Very disappointing.

But I'd rather have Rodgers, considering the money or not. He looked like Peyton at his best yesterday.

It's no coincidence that Eli's worst INT season comes when all his WRs are second year players or off the street. A QB can't do everything by himself especially when he can't run.

That's a great question. Let's go down the list:

NFC EAST

Romo - No

Mc Nabb - No

Vick - No (sure there are many who'd disagree with me on this, however)

NFC NORTH

Rodgers - Maybe, but concussions worry me

Favre - No

Stafford - No

Cutler - No

NFC SOUTH

Ryan - leaning towards "yes"

Freeman - No

Brees - Yes

Whoever is QB for the Panthers - it's a joke, right?

NFC West

Smith - No

Bradford - No

Hasselbeck - No

Whoever is QB for Arizona (see Panthers)

So in our conference, there is ONE guy who is head and shoulders above Eli, two guys who might pan out or might not, and handful of unknowns, and some really BAD QBs. Eli isn't elite but he's proven he can get the job done, and as stated above, it might be nice to see what a new coaching staff and an OC that doesn't require 57 post-snap reads would do for him.

Guest StrahansGap

How can you not consider the money? You're talking about an extra $36 MILLION. Reese could work wonders with $36 million. Receivers, linebackers, a punter??? You can't poo-poo $36 million in the NFL. I had this argument earlier in the season. A $103 million dollar quarterback should be able to win at least 1 game BY HIMSELF in any given season. I have still have not seen it......have you? Sure, he's had really great games in his career. I'm sure a few stand out. But when has any of us Giants fans been 100% confident that Eli will win you the game with 2:45 minutes left on the clock in a tie game?

How can you not consider the money? You're talking about an extra $36 MILLION. Reese could work wonders with $36 million. Receivers, linebackers, a punter??? You can't poo-poo $36 million in the NFL. I had this argument earlier in the season. A $103 million dollar quarterback should be able to win at least 1 game BY HIMSELF in any given season. I have still have not seen it......have you? Sure, he's had really great games in his career. I'm sure few stand out. But when has any of Giants fans been 100% confident that Eli will win you the game with 2:45 minutes left on the clock in a tie game?

I didn't know the money was coming out of your pocket

I didn't know the money was coming out of your pocket

That wasn't his point though.

But it's understandable that Eli makes more than Rodgers... I'm sure when Rodgers is up for a new contract his will be even higher than Eli's.. that's the business.

I think its more the scheme....and I think a new QB coach and definitely a new coordinator who for GOD'S does not follow a run and shoot philosophy can probably work wonders for him. I think old man Palmer was a security blanket for Eli when he was here.

That's a great question. Let's go down the list:

NFC EAST

Romo - No

Mc Nabb - No

Vick - No (sure there are many who'd disagree with me on this, however)

NFC NORTH

Rodgers - Maybe, but concussions worry me

Favre - No

Stafford - No

Cutler - No

NFC SOUTH

Ryan - leaning towards "yes"

Freeman - No

Brees - Yes

Whoever is QB for the Panthers - it's a joke, right?

NFC West

Smith - No

Bradford - No

Hasselbeck - No

Whoever is QB for Arizona (see Panthers)

So in our conference, there is ONE guy who is head and shoulders above Eli, two guys who might pan out or might not, and handful of unknowns, and some really BAD QBs. Eli isn't elite but he's proven he can get the job done, and as stated above, it might be nice to see what a new coaching staff and an OC that doesn't require 57 post-snap reads would do for him.

Only 57....I think sometimes when I see Eli come to the line I think he is trying to figure out Fermat's Theorem or The Grand Unified Theory. Then even when these guys make a good play they carry the ball like a carton of eggshells for Christ's sake. :jerkoff:

The money is a non issue and I just don't understand why you keep bringing it up. When Rodgers is up for a new contract, do you think he will be making the same money he does now? Absolutely not, his contract will in all likelyhood top Eli's.

On skill set a lone, right now I'd have to say Rodgers is the better QB, but until that fucking jackass calling offensive plays is fired we may not have seen the best Eli has to offer.

And it's also hard to ignore the fact that he has played with his starting wr's together just a handfull of times this year, and has been playing with young, inexperienced wr's and guys who were released and brought back. His wr's right now are his number 1 in his second year in the league (who has been amazing but still inexpereinced), his 3rd string is number 2 (although Manninham isn't your typical 3rd string wr) and guy brought in off the street.

I think most Giants fans would agree that Eli is a solid to above average. Like many of you said, he is good enough to win games and has proven when he has things together he can be very good and win the big one. This year things havent worked out. When your quarterback leads the league in turnovers you arent going to get very far. The fact that they have 9 wins while leading the league in turnovers is a testament to the raw physical talent on the team. I have confidence he will be able to bounce back from this. My main issue right now is with the defense. Eli could have been perfect yesterday and it wouldnt have made a difference with the way they played. For a defense with their talent and reputation they sure do get blown out and embarrassed alot. Its obviously not Fewell either we saw the same efforts under Sheridan albeit to a larger degree last season. Funny thing is other than linebacker I dont even know how to upgrade the roster. The talent is there they should be a playoff team. I wish I had answers but I dont. Something is missing and I dont know what it is.

Rodgers will make more money than Eli when his contract talks come up. Leave alone if he is with a ring at that point.

Secondly, I dont recall this ever coming up when Eli shredded the Eagles defense last week for 4 TDs. You want a QB making that much money to win a game by himself?? I guess we might as well make him play LB and DB as well. Perry Fewelll just kissed whatever chances he had to become a HC goodbye in a matter of 5 quarters. 73 points given up. Did anyone even see the play calling of GB yest? They put Rodgers in a minimum risk position. Short quick passes. Rodgers did not make miracle throws. We just played very very poor defense. And our offense was and has always been retarded. Gilbride is brainless and keeps calling these shitty highly complicated slow developing plays when our OL is rotating like a turnstile and our WRs are second year novices or off the street? You want an incredibly slow developing complicated offensive play that Derek Hagan can read at the LOS? Give me a fucking break. Its not a coincidence that Eli is having his highest INT season in a season when Smith is out, Nicks was injured, and he is not playing with his regular set of WRs. I guess Peyton threw 4-5 INTs 2-3 times this season too right? Lets lynch the bastard! He is overrated!!! Eli - you are making 103 mill a year man??? Why the fuck did you make Bradshaw, Jacobs, Nicks, Manningham fumble so much?? Eli! You stoopid stoopid 100 mill bastard! - How dare you make Boss and the other WRs drop all those balls killing drives huh?

STFU for christs sake. Im not saying Eli is the next best thing since sliced bread but he is far better than what his stats say right now. Give him an OC with brains who uses what weapons he has at hand instead of designing plays as if he has Marino, Rice, T.O and Fitzgerald playing for him, and then we will see what he can do. If not Coughlin atleast get rid of this douchebag Gilbride.

Our playoff hopes have pretty much bitten the dust since Chicago has nothing to play for next week, whereas GB has everything to play for. Lets get a fucking RB in the first round next year.

I think most Giants fans would agree that Eli is a solid to above average. Like many of you said, he is good enough to win games and has proven when he has things together he can be very good and win the big one. This year things havent worked out. When your quarterback leads the league in turnovers you arent going to get very far. The fact that they have 9 wins while leading the league in turnovers is a testament to the raw physical talent on the team. I have confidence he will be able to bounce back from this. My main issue right now is with the defense. Eli could have been perfect yesterday and it wouldnt have made a difference with the way they played. For a defense with their talent and reputation they sure do get blown out and embarrassed alot. Its obviously not Fewell either we saw the same efforts under Sheridan albeit to a larger degree last season. Funny thing is other than linebacker I dont even know how to upgrade the roster. The talent is there they should be a playoff team. I wish I had answers but I dont. Something is missing and I dont know what it is.

Oh how I miss the days of John Fox as our DC. We can punt the ball 20 times a game and somehow knew the other team would go 3 and out... and even lose yards in the process.

RunIt and Iceman I can't think of an instance where we disagreed on anything Giants related. I don't even have to state my opinion if either one of you stated his b4 me. Yes there have been times when I wished Eli would just heave the ball out of bounds but fuck it Eli is our best player on the O and Tuck is by far our best player on the D.

Ice has been my spiritual brother concerning all things Gillie since I can remember. Its only this year I have toned down my rhetoric. However after watching that asshole berate Hagan as he came to the sideline cause he did not recognize a disguised blitz and cut his route that the fucking Mossad or KGB would have hell to figure out...well that fucking blew it for me. It brought back pictures of him with his retarded ski glasses laughing as Eli came off of the field in the playoff loss to Philly where he had Eli heaving the ball like he was Johnny Unitas on a Summer day.

I want someone who will take what the defense is not defending against. A case in point when he did that fake WR screen and had the play go to Bradshaw instead...that caught everyone by surprise. I went oh shit did Gillie call that? Aikman and Butt Buddy; the Packers; the Packers fans; Giants fans; fuck anyone watching the broadcast had their mouths open cause everyone knows that Gillie calls that same WR screen 5 years in a row at least twice a game that has garnered a collective 100 yards if that much. :ranting2:

I view Jay Cutler and Eli Manning the same. There guys who can throw for big numbers but are also at any giving time ready to throw 4 int games. What did Chiacgo do for Jay ? Give him a great offence minded Cordintior. Eli needs some one who know the game better. Also i think he should end with this crap of calling play at the line. Eli your just not smart enough to do this. You can try as hard as you want to be your brother you just never will.

I live near cleveland and say what you will about Eli but if he won a superbowl for the Browns he would be a GOD here for life. I take the good and the bad with Eli there are not too many qb's with 2 min left i rather have than him. He seems so much better running that 2 min offense where he calls the plays and i haven't seen much of that this year.

I view Jay Cutler and Eli Manning the same. There guys who can throw for big numbers but are also at any giving time ready to throw 4 int games. What did Chiacgo do for Jay ? Give him a great offence minded Cordintior. Eli needs some one who know the game better. Also i think he should end with this crap of calling play at the line. Eli your just not smart enough to do this. You can try as hard as you want to be your brother you just never will.

I agree with everything you said, except for the bolded part. I believe he is smart enough to do this, and it has won us games before. Get him someone better than Gilbride.

Here it is from a big Eli supporter: He has not played well this year at times, and Sunday was one of those times. He was inaccurate. However, he didn't get much help from his receivers. But you don't lead the league in turnovers and then say you are not part of the problem. A large number of those "aren't his fault", but he's the one throwing the ball, and his decision making is a factor.

Sunday was about scheme, on both sides of the ball. Fewell's defensive game plan was an absolute failure. They needed to blitz more, and the corners playing 8 yards off their receivers at the line of scrimmage was infuriating. What's the definition of insanity? You guys know the answer and watching Rodgers continue to take advantage of that game plan was maddening. It's designed to not give up the big play yet they were still getting the big play. This defense has the athletes to challenge the opponents' playmakers, but the Giants gave them way to much respect and it cost them. This game and the second Dallas game in particular actually made me question if we got the right man for the job. At times the Fewell effect on this team has successful, but there are definitely times where you scratch your head and wonder why he is slow to change things that aren't working, and even wonder why he thought such strategies would work in the first place. Let your athletes dictate what they want to do... not simply be reactive to what the other team wants to do.

Offensively, Gilbride is now a failure. It is clear to me at last that while this offensive is effective against inferior opponents when our running game can dictate the course of a game, he has no answer facing a well-coached team that can match our physicality. There is no imagination in this offense, and no deception... where are the misdirections, the play action on first down... something?! His offense is formulaic and predictable. The pre-snap read offense is confusing the receivers and causing too many disconnects with the quarterback. Time for Gilbride, more than anyone, TO GO. I think it might be fair to say that the game has passed Gilbride by.

Back to Eli, this team has made their bed with him, like it or not. He is our guy... and he IS good enough. While I'd like to see more fire and brimstone from Eli at times, he is a franchise QB and is the best we have and can be very effective if the necessary changes are made. One of the other posters talked about a lack of athleticism on offense. I think Nicks and Manningham are pretty damn good. Also I don't find fault with Bradshaw or Jacobs, but the fumbling needs to be addressed. This team misses Smith, too. But still, there are no DeSean Jacksons or Dez Bryants or Jacoby Fords on this team. This team may not be able to take the next step until we can get a game changer that can win us a football game like Jackson did to us. Also, Boss is slipping and the Beckum experiment should end after this season. I see places were we can dramatically improve in the offseason. And TE is one of those places. A young, fast TE who can both be a threat receiving and help in protection is paramount. It is also time to think about injecting youth into the offensive line. Hopefully Petrus can be part of the solution in the future.

Defensively the deficiency is at linebacker. While you can say these guys as a unit haven't been bad, there also isn't that special player in that unit that can be a play maker, and that is keeping our defense from being called GREAT. You put Patrick Willis in our defense and suddenly we are not just a good defense but we could be as good as the Ravens circa 2000.

Most of the pieces are in place on this team... and when you have what we have and still lose, the only other place to look is at the coaches. Bottom line is the coaching, the game planning, and schemes are failing. The players are there... so a change is in order.

If we lose to the Redskins then Cowher is the next coach of this team.

Oh how I miss the days of John Fox as our DC. We can punt the ball 20 times a game and somehow knew the other team would go 3 and out... and even lose yards in the process.

And then the 4th quarter would come along, Fox would run a prevent D, and we'd blow the game.