SportsWrath

You guys are not going to like this thread

Guest StrahansGap

The only thing more amusing then Vick running wild in the 4th is Giants fans debating whether Eli is any good at this stage of the game.

It's not the scheme or the WRs. Eli is inconsistent and sometimes makes bad choices. A lot of QBs do this but...

The Giants OVER PAID for an above average QB given what they could have drafted that year. They paid for a name and maybe it was a good marketing move, but he'll never be elite.

Had Tyree not made that circus catch on Eli's blind hail mary -- that's what it was -- the NY media would be calling for his head.

It may still happen... :o

But still, there are no DeSean Jacksons or Dez Bryants or Jacoby Fords on this team. This team may not be able to take the next step until we can get a game changer that can win us a football game like Jackson did to us. Also, Boss is slipping and the Beckum experiment should end after this season. I see places were we can dramatically improve in the offseason. And TE is one of those places. A young, fast TE who can both be a threat receiving and help in protection is paramount. It is also time to think about injecting youth into the offensive line. Hopefully Petrus can be part of the solution in the future.

Defensively the deficiency is at linebacker. While you can say these guys as a unit haven't been bad, there also isn't that special player in that unit that can be a play maker, and that is keeping our defense from being called GREAT. You put Patrick Willis in our defense and suddenly we are not just a good defense but we could be as good as the Ravens circa 2000.

I wonder what blunatic thinks about this? :P

Anyway LB has been a need forever and obviously the Giants GMs don't care. Also you can tell Fewell doesn't trust his LBs as he substitutes one with a safety a lot. Anyway next year in the first round we'll draft a DLineman or a secondary player. :smartass:

The only thing more amusing then Vick running wild in the 4th is Giants fans debating whether Eli is any good at this stage of the game.

It's not the scheme or the WRs. Eli is inconsistent and sometimes makes bad choices. A lot of QBs do this but...

The Giants OVER PAID for an above average QB given what they could have drafted that year. They paid for a name and maybe it was a good marketing move, but he'll never be elite.

Had Tyree not made that circus catch on Eli's blind hail mary -- that's what it was -- the NY media would be calling for his head.

We missed you, Egg :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEhe4CIbEs

ahhh, the dog for one is pleased to see you have returned. your time away has not dulled your understanding of things, but be cautioned, the dog has been on the receiving end of abuse for this argument...you may be safer to blame the OC who develops schemes that roll up yardage and points rather than go down any other road...

Good to see you Nas. I hope you are well. Three issues for me:

1) Cowboys left me...ummmm...speechless.

2) For some reason when I try to post it is really slow...

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

3) Some of my posts early in the season were removed even though I did not violate any rules... :rules: Not the same since Nemisis stepped down...

no one thinks Eli is an Elite QB, he lacks athleticism, and occasionally tries to do more than he is capable of with the football.

When the team is rolling, the running game effective, and the WRs healthy, Eli is more than adequate to win a SB

Romo is actually a similarly limited QB with more mobility...........neither are Elite

Good to see you Nas. I hope you are well. Three issues for me:

1) Cowboys left me...ummmm...speechless.

2) For some reason when I try to post it is really slow...

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

3) Some of my posts early in the season were removed even though I did not violate any rules... :rules: Not the same since Nemisis stepped down...

Ah, I and pretty much the entire board welcome different point of views. I'm not one who talks smack (by best friend is a die-hard boys fan) Never once did I text him after a Boys' losses but he sure lets me know every time my Giants stink up the joint :)

You and the Dog are A-ok with me.

no one thinks Eli is an Elite QB, he lacks athleticism, and occasionally tries to do more than he is capable of with the football.

When the team is rolling, the running game effective, and the WRs healthy, Eli is more than adequate to win a SB

Romo is actually a similarly limited QB with more mobility...........neither are Elite

I can't argue with this Jack.

Though I do wonder what the verdict on Eli would be had Tyree not made that ridiculous catch and had the Pats held on.

:confused:

I can't argue with this Jack.

Though I do wonder what the verdict on Eli would be had Tyree not made that ridiculous catch and had the Pats held on.

:confused:

Almost every team has to catch a break on the road to the SB.

funny, the dog would argue this is not the case at all here...

Funny.

I didn't see a "FUCK ELI MANNING" thread when we came back to beat the Jaguars.

Didn't see a "FUCK ELI MANNING" thread when he tossed 4 TDs against the Iggles a few weeks back.

well, you may have still seen the dog being critical, but not as harshly as the author of this thread...however, the same logic can be applied to both coughlin and gillbride. no threads calling for their heads when the giants are 9-4 and putting up huge offensive numbers against lesser talent, but lose a game here and there and suddenly tthey are public enemy number 1.

Funny.

I didn't see a "FUCK ELI MANNING" thread when we came back to beat the Jaguars.

Didn't see a "FUCK ELI MANNING" thread when he tossed 4 TDs against the Iggles a few weeks back.

Agreed.

I'm not happy the way things have turned out the last couple of games, and not happy with Eli during those games, but he is a great QB who still can learn from his mistakes.

The bigger question is........why the hell is egg douche and his alter ego dog commenting on this? Talk about overpaying.....SEE ROMO. lol

well, you may have still seen the dog being critical, but not as harshly as the author of this thread...however, the same logic can be applied to both coughlin and gillbride. no threads calling for their heads when the giants are 9-4 and putting up huge offensive numbers against lesser talent, but lose a game here and there and suddenly tthey are public enemy number 1.

That's just emotion Dog.

And I do agree with you on Eli.

It's no coincidence that Eli's worst INT season comes when all his WRs are second year players or off the street. A QB can't do everything by himself especially when he can't run.

Stupid option routes. Hate 'em.

Seems like Steve Smith is the only guy on the team who sees the field with the same eyes as Eli.

How can you not consider the money? You're talking about an extra $36 MILLION. Reese could work wonders with $36 million. Receivers, linebackers, a punter??? You can't poo-poo $36 million in the NFL. I had this argument earlier in the season. A $103 million dollar quarterback should be able to win at least 1 game BY HIMSELF in any given season. I have still have not seen it......have you? Sure, he's had really great games in his career. I'm sure a few stand out. But when has any of us Giants fans been 100% confident that Eli will win you the game with 2:45 minutes left on the clock in a tie game?

Who said I wasn't considering the money? Straight up, Rodgers is a better QB than Eli... the money is a bonus.

But if there's no salary cap, who gives a shit. Its not my money. Go ahead Giants, Yankee it up.

Actually, and this is what you aren't really taking into consideration...it's not entirely true that those of us who criticize Gilbride only do so when the offensive game plan doesn't work....many of us criticize him, throughout the year, for the situations where, even in wins, he makes boneheaded calls. Such as 3rd and 2 direct snaps to the halfback and 3rd and 9 WR screens....or screens at all for that matter....which we run at least 3 of per game that never, ever work and contribute to KILLDRIVES....see what I did there?

But in all seriousness dude, I obviously don't mind that we can put up points at times...against bad teams, mainly....it's the fact that any time we face a defense with ANY legitimacy whatsoever, he tries to get cute and either passes all game because the run didn't work for a drive or two (constantly running from the shotgun formation with your offense spread out over the field will do that) or forgets that he has a tight end that can catch (though he obviously proved me wrong against GB) and a running back that is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield...instead continually forcing his young receivers to carry the team when it's obvious that some of them don't really possess the ability to help run the offense on the fly like he's asking them to....at least not yet....

And another thing, and this is partly on the receivers, too, but why not call plays that actually go past the first down marker on 3rd down and long? It makes no sense to me to constantly rely on your receivers picking up 5+ yards after the catch....

Why do we keep talking about Eli and his perceived skill level? He`s proven you can win with him and he`s locked up long term so he`s going to be the quarterback regardless of how he plays. This year hasn`t been kind to him. He leads the league in turnovers. That sucks and he would be the first to tell you that. I think he can rebound from this and hopefully a fully recovered Steve Smith helps make that possible. Perhaps a few adjustments to the offensive playcalling and another year working with Nicks and Manningham will help too. Obviously the playcalling is contingent on Gilbrides future so we shall see.

Why do we keep talking about Eli and his perceived skill level? He`s proven you can win with him and he`s locked up long term so he`s going to be the quarterback regardless of how he plays. This year hasn`t been kind to him. He leads the league in turnovers. That sucks and he would be the first to tell you that. I think he can rebound from this and hopefully a fully recovered Steve Smith helps make that possible. Perhaps a few adjustments to the offensive playcalling and another year working with Nicks and Manningham will help too. Obviously the playcalling is contingent on Gilbrides future so we shall see.

^^

Gilbride has been an inherent problem. Not every QB is perfect. They have their limitations. You want to call precision pin-point slow developing pass plays with Michael Vick? Be my guest, you just dont. You call plays where he can use his skills and weapons to the maximum - his feet! Eli's regular WR set is banged up. His main man Steve Smith - whom he could rely on for the sure shot short passes/third down conversions is out. His OC is calling bone-headed plays and very very poor game plans. The current WR set is dropping every other catch, Boss included. They are running routes that are not in sync with what the QB is seeing. And Gilbride is still calling those same shitty plays. The running backs love to put the ball on the ground at the drop of a hat. When the rest of the offense is making shitty errors and being equally turnover prone, the QB is bound to try a little too much. Thats the reason for all these errors. I dont think its a coincidence that Eli does phenomenally well in the 2 min offense. For some reason this part is completely omitted amidst the Eli bashing by dogs and eggs and whatever/whoever else. I dont think there are even a handful of QBs in the league who can run the 2 min offense and no huddle as well and be as effective as Eli can. Get rid of Gilbride. Bring a smart and intelligent OC who takes what the defense gives him, realises the set of players he has to work with and accordingly design a game plan. Gilbride is trying to fix a malfunctioning Aircraft engine into a Dodge Neon. Get the bastard outta here. Why cant we learn from the Patriots or even GB for that matter with regard to playcalling on Offense.

I wonder what blunatic thinks about this? :P

Anyway LB has been a need forever and obviously the Giants GMs don't care. Also you can tell Fewell doesn't trust his LBs as he substitutes one with a safety a lot. Anyway next year in the first round we'll draft a DLineman or a secondary player. :smartass:

I'm not sure if this is an allusion to the Brandon Marshall debate, but in any case, Marshall is not the kind of guy I was referring to. In any case, Marshall has not had an abysmal season... there is no reason for this other than he doesn't have the same motivation he did in previous seasons. I always contended that he doesn't have the heart of the kind of player we want. But besides that, he is not type of athlete that I was referring to in my post.

I hope that after this season LB will be a bigger priority. When you have 4 top tier down lineman, and two early round draft picks as projects at DE and DT, respectively, I think you have to look at other areas. They may go offense this year, but improving that front seven should be a priority and the only way you can do that now is by addressing the linebackers. In the secondary, you have 2 very good corners and 3 very good safeties. You have to look at linebacker now.

I'm with Storm on Gilbride. This is not about the last two games. He has a pattern of coming up small in the big games. Philly has run the same defensive game plan against us since the 1st round playoff loss to them 2 years ago... and Gilbride has not been able to beat it. Storm is right on about him not throwing defenses a changeup with the 2 minute offense and not playing to our strengths. With all the injuries, why not have Boss and Beckum on the field more with Beckum in the slot? Why not more play action? Why not misdirection plays? Why not 2 minute offense? He has no imagination, his play calling and the pre-snap read offense is too easily confused and too easily read by the defense. I would not be surprised if they are showing a defensive set to get Eli to run a play that they can defend. Gilbride is a great success against the Seattle Seahawks and the Washington Redskins, but he sucks against the better teams and that means he's an abject failure and needs to go.

I'm not sure if this is an allusion to the Brandon Marshall debate, but in any case, Marshall is not the kind of guy I was referring to. In any case, Marshall has not had an abysmal season... there is no reason for this other than he doesn't have the same motivation he did in previous seasons. I always contended that he doesn't have the heart of the kind of player we want. But besides that, he is not type of athlete that I was referring to in my post.

I hope that after this season LB will be a bigger priority. When you have 4 top tier down lineman, and two early round draft picks as projects at DE and DT, respectively, I think you have to look at other areas. They may go offense this year, but improving that front seven should be a priority and the only way you can do that now is by addressing the linebackers. In the secondary, you have 2 very good corners and 3 very good safeties. You have to look at linebacker now.

I'm with Storm on Gilbride. This is not about the last two games. He has a pattern of coming up small in the big games. Philly has run the same defensive game plan against us since the 1st round playoff loss to them 2 years ago... and Gilbride has not been able to beat it. Storm is right on about him not throwing defenses a changeup with the 2 minute offense and not playing to our strengths. With all the injuries, why not have Boss and Beckum on the field more with Beckum in the slot? Why not more play action? Why not misdirection plays? Why not 2 minute offense? He has no imagination, his play calling and the pre-snap read offense is too easily confused and too easily read by the defense. I would not be surprised if they are showing a defensive set to get Eli to run a play that they can defend. Gilbride is a great success against the Seattle Seahawks and the Washington Redskins, but he sucks against the better teams and that means he's an abject failure and needs to go.

Did Gilbride throws those picks? Go back to the Tenessee game when Eli tried to lob one in from 5 yards out, rather than just eating it. He shouldn't be making these types of mistakes at this juncture of his career. But, oh shucks, what can you do? :blush:

here is the dog's issue with this. nobody here is in the giant's camp. these are professionals who spend 18 hours a day analyzing what they do. if putting beckum in the slot was such a potentially easy fix, it would have been done. the giants have o-line issues. maybe playaction and misdirection are too slow in developing. if the offense is so easy to figure out, then how do they roll up big numbers and points? the dog highly doubts the eagles have put the same scheme defensively every time. that is just not possible. but let's say it is. the giants put up 400 yards and 31 points against them last game. yet you want more imagination. gillbride wouldn't be the only one who "sucks" in big games. there is enough of that going around. everyone is a coach while sitting at the computer and watching games on tv. nobody knows the ins and outs of a team as much as they want to think they do.

I remember two critical drives during the 2007 playoffs.....the biggest one, of course was The Catch drive.

But the other one was during the Dallas game, when Eli drove the team down the field and scored right at the half.

Both of those drives were no huddles.....it was all on Eli.

I've calmed down enough to admit that Killdrive has had some very good games. But as Allstar and Storm said, in the big games, I just don't see it.

Granted, up 31-10 against the Eagles, 99% of the blame is on D/Special Teams for those 28 points.

But against the Packers, the lack of no huddle was very disappointing.