SportsWrath

This one you can blame on Gilbride

RandolphScott

Stuck with the long developing pass plays for too long and that hurt the passing game.

Didn't go to the no huddle fast enough either.

THIS is the game you blame Gilbride, when your defense seems like it's on the field for

more than a half hour, runs like that by Choice are bound to happen. I'm sorry, but when you

give up 20 points, that's not a lot.

Oh and all Hixon really is a really good role player, and a starter against shitty teams.

Stuck with the long developing pass plays for too long and that hurt the passing game.

THIS is the game you blame Gilbride, when your defense seems like it's on the field for

more than a half hour, runs like that by Choice are bound to happen. I'm sorry, but when you

Oh and all Hixon really is a really good role player, and a starter against shitty teams.

Agreed. Eli SHINES in the no huddle, they need to go to it more often.

They should have went into the No-Huddle in the 3rd qtr. Nobody is going to fire Gilbride...hopefully someone hires him and the Giants make no effort to keep him. I am still amazed we won a Superbowl with him as our OC. To his credit he is a little better than Hufnagel.

I just cannot believe the lack of quick slants or passes to the backs or something to get the ball out of Eli's hand faster.

And the 20 points is very missleading, it was 7-3 forever and then 14-3 in the second half.

There were simply no offensive adjustments to combat the Dallas rush. I hope somebody pistol whips Gillbride tonight.

I just cannot believe the lack of quick slants or passes to the backs or something to get the ball out of Eli's hand faster.

And the 20 points is very missleading, it was 7-3 forever and then 14-3 in the second half.

There were simply no offensive adjustments to combat the Dallas rush. I hope somebody pistol whips Gillbride tonight.

They took Plax's gun.

The Giants defense played balls out today for all but two plays. I give them a shit load

of credit.

What happened to our "Pro-Bowl" O-line as well?

Is it injuries..fuck what was that reporter saying at half time? Damn near all the O-line was getting worked on?

Or is it just the Eagles and Cowboys have the card on our line?

We go from "best O-line in the league" to "60 yards rushing a game and 6 sacks"

Is Buddy Ryan still living and breathing....I would personally hand him my Old Man's black jack and tell him to have at it.

Its Gilbrides fault that the o line blocked like a bunch of women

It's Gillbrides fault for not making any changes whatsoever to maybe notice the oline was blocking like women and maybe try some slants or passing plays that don't take 10 minutes to develop. There was one 3rd down play in particular, maybe 3rd and 6 give or take, where Smith and Hixon ran 10 yard fades or whatever.

When we were getting pressure on Romo, they started throwing the ball quick on short screens and short passes to thwart our pressure.

It's Gillbrides fault for not making any changes whatsoever to maybe notice the oline was blocking like women and maybe try some slants or passing plays that don't take 10 minutes to develop. There was one 3rd down play in particular, maybe 3rd and 6 give or take, where Smith and Hixon ran 10 yard fades or whatever.

When we were getting pressure on Romo, they started throwing the ball quick on short screens and short passes to thwart our pressure.

HaHaHa, you said thwart. (AND you spelled it correctly).

The Dallas defense played outstanding tonight in all facets and any team would have had a hard time racking points on them. De marcus Ware doesn't lead the league in sacks because they cost a quarter, he's beaten up plenty of linemen this year.

Exactly. Our O-line played like shit today.. totally out of character.. Kareem went down and one of them got sick... Booth looked like a fat old woman out there.

When your offense only scores a garbage TD at the tail end of a game, you blame that on the offensive coordinator, that was Philly...because that means stuff wasn't working until the end of the game and you didn't make the right adjustments....

This week, the offense scored zero touchdowns and looked lost. I'd say it was a pretty equal mix of poor playcall and poor(very poor) execution on the part of the players.

Domenik Hixon can not get off the jam.

The offensive line made the Cowboys D look like the Steel Curtain. They looked tired and depleted from the outset.

Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw could not get any chips on the D-ends and seem to be better backs when Jacobs(who is a lot more integral than people have been saying and no doubt needs to be re-signed after tonight's pitiful performance) is running defenses into the ground.

Antonio Pierce is a complete liability in pass coverage, but he's always been, he's old and slow and we keep him around because he knows our defense and is a good leader.

Our cornerbacks are not playing physical enough and I don't know if that's because Ross gets hit with PI penalties every time he tries to or what, but he also looked lost.

And finally, Steve Smith needs to be on the field more. I'm finally going to relent, Sinorice Moss is awful. He can't return kicks and he can't get open.

Yah dude, what is it with all the back shoulder fades!? They work in the red zone, Gilbride, not 6 times a game at different positions on the field....

Yah dude, what is it with all the back shoulder fades!? They work in the red zone, Gilbride, not 6 times a game at different positions on the field....

And fades give the smallest profile for a QB to aim for and the hardest play for a WR to make over the shoulder while running full out; instead of angling across the field with your eye on the ball the minute it leaves the QB's hand on a quick slant. Ware and Ellis are speed rushers, so run right at them or dump off to screens to Bradshaw at the places they vacate. But is Eli is being forced to take 5-7 step drops until 5 minutes left in the game.....then any team will look like the Steel Curtain out there. When ex players like Carl Banks, Roman Oben and Howard Cross all say throughout the game that the Giants are making themselves too one dimensional with this love of the intermediate passing game. I will take their word over anyone including my own when it comes to analyzing what is wrong with the Giants. Banks was constantly saying even if your 1st and 2nd down runs only come up with 5-6 yards....3rd and 4 is a lot easier to make than 3rd and 10 or more.

And fades give the smallest profile for a QB to aim for and the hardest play for a WR to make over the shoulder while running full out; instead of angling across the field with your eye on the ball the minute it leaves the QB's hand on a quick slant. Ware and Ellis are speed rushers, so run right at them or dump off to screens to Bradshaw at the places they vacate. But is Eli is being forced to take 5-7 step drops until 5 minutes left in the game.....then any team will look like the Steel Curtain out there. When ex players like Carl Banks, Roman Oben and Howard Cross all say throughout the game that the Giants are making themselves too one dimensional with this love of the intermediate passing game. I will take their word over anyone including my own when it comes to analyzing what is wrong with the Giants. Banks was constantly saying even if your 1st and 2nd down runs only come up with 5-6 yards....3rd and 4 is a lot easier to make than 3rd and 10 or more.

That back shoulder throw was our bread and butter play last year. I have actually been wanting to see it more.

Even though I put the majority of the blame on the O-line, I will give Gilbride a hit for tonight. Some of the criticism is warranted. It's just when I see it after the first play from scrimmage that I go into defense mode for the guy. We should've run a bit more, but more importantly, he didn't make very many adjustments, and the adjustments he made did not come quickly enough.

I think in the last two weeks we found out what Hixon is. He's a pretty good receiver but he's not a #1 or a #2 in this league.

I don't however, feel that the Giants FO will look bad if they bring Plax back. The more important thing is that Plax has to:

A) Avoid prison.

B) Commit to the Giants that he will do what is necessary to own up to his responsibility to the team, even if that means some lifestyle changes.

We have a lot to look forward to both this year and next.

We get Osi back next year and we have a couple extra draft picks.

Honestly though, and I know this is bad timing for this, but Amani's game is finally slipping. I've seen it over the last few weeks... dropped passes and not getting open as often. It's time we start planning for the future.

Right now I bet Coughlin is wishing they hadn't put Tyree on IR, because that guy, when he has had opportunity, has produced.

depends on what he planned for and what blocking schemes and play execution and actually its this on this dooffus .

04_c_flaherty.jpg

I saw no adjustments to fix anything .

this team :

Offense Kevin Gilbride Offensive Coordinator Dave DeGuglielmo Assistant Offensive Line Pat Flaherty Offensive Line Jerald Ingram Running Backs Mike Pope Tight Ends Mike Sullivan Wide Receivers Chris Palmer Quarterbacks Coach Sean Ryan Offensive Quality Control

Better get their heads out their ass if they want to get back to dominance .

When your offense only scores a garbage TD at the tail end of a game, you blame that on the offensive coordinator, that was Philly...because that means stuff wasn't working until the end of the game and you didn't make the right adjustments....

This week, the offense scored zero touchdowns and looked lost. I'd say it was a pretty equal mix of poor playcall and poor(very poor) execution on the part of the players.

Domenik Hixon can not get off the jam.

The offensive line made the Cowboys D look like the Steel Curtain. They looked tired and depleted from the outset.

Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw could not get any chips on the D-ends and seem to be better backs when Jacobs(who is a lot more integral than people have been saying and no doubt needs to be re-signed after tonight's pitiful performance) is running defenses into the ground.

Antonio Pierce is a complete liability in pass coverage, but he's always been, he's old and slow and we keep him around because he knows our defense and is a good leader.

Our cornerbacks are not playing physical enough and I don't know if that's because Ross gets hit with PI penalties every time he tries to or what, but he also looked lost.

And finally, Steve Smith needs to be on the field more. I'm finally going to relent, Sinorice Moss is awful. He can't return kicks and he can't get open.

It's amazing how a loss can expose so many weaknesses. You're on to something and most of us here have know this for sometime... especially the part about Peirce. Plax is sorely missed by the Giants had no choice. Although I disagree with you about our cornerbacks.. I think their play has been better than adequate. Most of the completions against us happen in the Middle of the field with our LBers should be.. and that is where our weakness is defensively.

Our O Line just had a terrible day...

It's amazing how a loss can expose so many weaknesses. You're on to something and most of us here have know this for sometime... especially the part about Peirce. Plax is sorely missed by the Giants had no choice. Although I disagree with you about our cornerbacks.. I think their play has been better than adequate. Most of the completions against us happen in the Middle of the field with our LBers should be.. and that is where our weakness is defensively.

Our O Line just had a terrible day...

Seems to me that Ross gets beat alot, he rarely does get beat deep though. I love the way Webster

is playing right now, he is pretty much shutting down the opposing teams number 1 receiver.

Even though I put the majority of the blame on the O-line, I will give Gilbride a hit for tonight. Some of the criticism is warranted. It's just when I see it after the first play from scrimmage that I go into defense mode for the guy. We should've run a bit more, but more importantly, he didn't make very many adjustments, and the adjustments he made did not come quickly enough.

I think in the last two weeks we found out what Hixon is. He's a pretty good receiver but he's not a #1 or a #2 in this league.

I don't however, feel that the Giants FO will look bad if they bring Plax back. The more important thing is that Plax has to:

A) Avoid prison.

B) Commit to the Giants that he will do what is necessary to own up to his responsibility to the team, even if that means some lifestyle changes.

We have a lot to look forward to both this year and next.

We get Osi back next year and we have a couple extra draft picks.

Honestly though, and I know this is bad timing for this, but Amani's game is finally slipping. I've seen it over the last few weeks... dropped passes and not getting open as often. It's time we start planning for the future.

Right now I bet Coughlin is wishing they hadn't put Tyree on IR, because that guy, when he has had opportunity, has produced.

I'm glad you mentioned that about Toomer, I was also going to say it in my post too...he's just getting too old and has always been too much of a possession WR(I'm saying he's slowing down) for him to continue to start in this league. Send the guy for third and mid range and in 3 WR sets, let him find his niche in the middle of the field and pick up the first. Essentially...I'm hoping for a reversal of Smith and Toomer's roles...because it can't be Moss, he sucks, and would be our Hixon replacement which I dont think warrants a replacement just yet...

We need more Steve Smith on the field. He was screwed over on the fade route he got called for PI...that was the first time I've ever seen a CB bitch because the call went the other way at first and then the friggin refs did change the ruling!