SportsWrath

This one you can blame on Gilbride

RandolphScott

I'm glad you mentioned that about Toomer, I was also going to say it in my post too...he's just getting too old and has always been too much of a possession WR(I'm saying he's slowing down) for him to continue to start in this league. Send the guy for third and mid range and in 3 WR sets, let him find his niche in the middle of the field and pick up the first. Essentially...I'm hoping for a reversal of Smith and Toomer's roles...because it can't be Moss, he sucks, and would be our Hixon replacement which I dont think warrants a replacement just yet...

We need more Steve Smith on the field. He was screwed over on the fade route he got called for PI...that was the first time I've ever seen a CB bitch because the call went the other way at first and then the friggin refs did change the ruling!

I just bought 2 tickets to the Giants Carolina game. We better get a win for the 340 dollars I just spent as a poor grad student with loans up the @#$

toomer seems old always before the game he comes up big

i hope the naysayers come through again

I was just gonna post something like this too. It seems like every time someone writes or talks

about how he is losing a step, etc. Tooms comes up with a big game.

I don't know off hand any of the wideouts that are FA's this year(assuming Plax is released and/or

gets thrown in the pokey) I'm really looking at Chad Johnson.

Yes, I know what your going to say?

"WHY, GolfingKid6?! Your insane!!"

Say what you will about Johnson/Ocho Cinco, the guy can flat out produce when he as a quarterback

to get him the ball. He'd be the threat that Plaxico was. He doesn't have many off the field issues either,

but he's been late to a couple meetings in Cincy this year, so who really knows. Get rid of one malcontent,

bring in another.

It's amazing how a loss can expose so many weaknesses. You're on to something and most of us here have know this for sometime... especially the part about Peirce. Plax is sorely missed by the Giants had no choice. Although I disagree with you about our cornerbacks.. I think their play has been better than adequate. Most of the completions against us happen in the Middle of the field with our LBers should be.. and that is where our weakness is defensively.

Our O Line just had a terrible day...

It's not all game....just sometimes they get a little prissy footed following the WRs down the field....

toomer seems old always before the game he comes up big

i hope the naysayers come through again

Saving it for the playoffs, ya mean...?

The dude hasnt been getting open.

They man to man Toomer and Hixon all game and our offense is gonna come to a grinding hault with no run game. Without the threat of a double team, those two are getting raped at the LOS.

I was just gonna post something like this too. It seems like every time someone writes or talks

about how he is losing a step, etc. Tooms comes up with a big game.

I don't know off hand any of the wideouts that are FA's this year(assuming Plax is released and/or

gets thrown in the pokey) I'm really looking at Chad Johnson.

Yes, I know what your going to say?

"WHY, GolfingKid6?! Your insane!!"

Say what you will about Johnson/Ocho Cinco, the guy can flat out produce when he as a quarterback

to get him the ball. He'd be the threat that Plaxico was. He doesn't have many off the field issues either,

but he's been late to a couple meetings in Cincy this year, so who really knows. Get rid of one malcontent,

bring in another.

WHY, GolfingKid6?! Your insane!!

i think if we try for any of the cinci cats this year its tj

unless of course they resign tj and cut ocho

then i still dont think we go for ocho

i for some reason think as an organization the giants wont go for ocho if we lose plax do this

i just dont see it

but if we do then believe you me i will be yelling lets go ochenta! unless he gets tyrees number but itd be kinda funny if he got everybody on another spanish version, and took shockeys number

WHY, GolfingKid6?! Your insane!!

i think if we try for any of the cinci cats this year its tj

unless of course they resign tj and cut ocho

then i still dont think we go for ocho

i for some reason think as an organization the giants wont go for ocho if we lose plax do this

i just dont see it

but if we do then believe you me i will be yelling lets go ochenta! unless he gets tyrees number but itd be kinda funny if he got everybody on another spanish version, and took shockeys number

I would think Anquan Boldin is an attractive option to the Giants front office, not sure if they are willing to

depart with multiple draft picks and a Plaxesque contract. The wide receiver position, without Plaxico is not

very good. Sure you've got 4 young cats in Hixon, Moss, Smith and Manningham, but they really haven't

proven anything over the long hall.

I think the Giants go LB, WR and DE with their 3 picks on the 1st day next draft. The Giants linebacker

situation isn't exactly "grand" either. You've drafted Wilkinson, DeOssie, Kehl and Goff in the past 3 drafts

and none of them have made an impact. Once Wilkinson steps on the field the fucking guy gets hurt, DeOssie

is a long snapper, that's it, Goff is always hurt and Kehl had the starting position earlier in the year, wonder

why he lost it to Chase Blackburn of all people.

this is pissing me off... With the Giants lost today .. i can't seem to sleep well.. just piss me off thinking how weak our running game was.. and how much we miss Plex and jacobs.. our Defence came up strong but when your guys on the other side can't do jack crap, it's hard to win....

since we're getting rid of Plex after season end.. who going to replace him?????.. i say we find ourselves a big WR, someone that's at least 6'3 and up..

im glad we got this game over with ......it was awful and Gilbride was terrible ...but it doesnt really matter.

When we get Brandon back we will be a better team .....the run will be established more effectively ...the O line cannot be that bad again this season.....and we will therefore open up the passing game a bit more and regain our balance.

We got a kick up the arse .... we will learn from it ......if we can just get a 1st round bye and some rest and refocus we still have a great chance of glory this year ( nobody in the NFC scares me )

Gilbrite is an asshole. The couple of times they cameout in the 3rd Qrt with two tight ends and a full back they were able to run the ball. That has been the best offensive formation all season, and he only went to it a hand full of times. That formation gives you the Max protect for the QB if they decide to pass and forces the defense to comit to defending the run. It was the answer last night, the answer was not spreading out the offense and trying to pass down field.

Throw out going 4 wide with an empty backfield. THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS TEAM DOES! Right now this team has 2 WR's who deserve to be on a NFL starting line up, and one of them is an old man.

Gil wants to pass 75% of the time. That is the offense he prefers, any excuse to get away from running the ball he will take it. The big problem is that they will never win a game passing it like that. God save us if he tries that same horseshit against Carolina on Sunday night. These last two games have been the most frustrating I have sat through as a Giants fan. It is reminding me of the abortion at the end of the Mets season this year.

Gilbride has been pass happy, but seems more likely to be forumulaic than anything else. It seems as though, he's trying to be plug n play with our RB's.

As a result we try and play the same game with different personnel and it doesn't work. Why he only started mimicking Dallas' offensive playing calling (to handle our pressure packages) is beyond me, why he didn't start throwing slip screens and such is confounding.

Another flaw for us is the Hixon can't catch over the shoulder, he's very servicable when he catches something right in front of him on shorter routes.

We're in big trouble and I sense we're likely to lose out. At this point, no WR is stepping up and our OC isn't adjusting to the obvious defensive strategies that we're going to see again next week.

I love the G men, but I'd even hold Jacobs out one more week and then bring him in for the final game...maybe. He a big factor in what we can do.

My expectations have gone from very high to back down to Earth...I still wouldn't bring Plax back either, go get a young fast WR that can catch

I just cannot believe the lack of quick slants or passes to the backs or something to get the ball out of Eli's hand faster.

And the 20 points is very missleading, it was 7-3 forever and then 14-3 in the second half.

There were simply no offensive adjustments to combat the Dallas rush. I hope somebody pistol whips Gillbride tonight.

Couldn't agree with you more. Especially the pistol whipping part.

this is pissing me off... With the Giants lost today .. i can't seem to sleep well.. just piss me off thinking how weak our running game was.. and how much we miss Plex and jacobs.. our Defence came up strong but when your guys on the other side can't do jack crap, it's hard to win....

since we're getting rid of Plex after season end.. who going to replace him?????.. i say we find ourselves a big WR, someone that's at least 6'3 and up..

I couldn't sleep well either. The O-Line looked so weak like they've never lifted a weight in their lives.

They should have went into the No-Huddle in the 3rd qtr. Nobody is going to fire Gilbride...hopefully someone hires him and the Giants make no effort to keep him. I am still amazed we won a Superbowl with him as our OC. To his credit he is a little better than Hufnagel.

Huffer just won the Grey Cup coaching the Calgary Stampeders, and will most likely winn CFL Coach of the Year. HIRE HIM BACK REESE YOU IMGRATE!

I couldn't sleep well either. The O-Line looked so weak like they've never lifted a weight in their lives.

i didnt sleep at all ....went to bed at 4.45 ( annoyed ) .......kept thinking about those bloody 8 sacks .....got up 80 mins later at 6.05 ( bloody annoyed ) .....and went to work ( now im fucking annoyed , tired and angry)

Another tough game to watch. Can't blame this all on Gilbride: Nobody is getting open, offensive line broke down and turned into a turnstile, and the running game lacks explosiveness.

I'm glad some are starting to wake up to the significance of Burress and Jacobs to the offensive, a few might be missing a playmaking TE as well.

They can stop putting Bradshaw in the game until we get Jacobs back, Ward is doing a better job without him. At this rate, we have 3 weeks to find a receiver to step up or its gonna be really ugly.

Huffer just won the Grey Cup coaching the Calgary Stampeders, and will most likely winn CFL Coach of the Year. HIRE HIM BACK REESE YOU IMGRATE!

I almost posted about that and I think it was his first year too. To be honest I think Huff got thrown under the bus just because the Giants were under achieving and somebody needed to go. Lewis was obviously the real assistant that was clueless. Anyway Gilbride is getting skewered but I wonder how much is Eli's fault. He seems to audible often, I swear I hear Omaha every play, and he could easily be changing to throws. Also Ward should have been run more as he had 4.5 yards per carry on only 14 carries. Another 10 carries would have been nice.

I heard a host on Sirius today say the last 2 weeks it appeared to him that the Giants played a very vanilla gameplan on offense. Is it possible that the Giants are holding stuff back for later on? I doubt it, but when you hear someone describe the gameplan as "vanilla" it makes you wonder.

I heard a host on Sirius today say the last 2 weeks it appeared to him that the Giants played a very vanilla gameplan on offense. Is it possible that the Giants are holding stuff back for later on? I doubt it, but when you hear someone describe the gameplan as "vanilla" it makes you wonder.

naah.. the Cowboys were desperate and played like it.

Gilbride is completely at fault for this game...no screens, slants, not enough running...it was disgusting, the play calling that is.

Gilbride isn't the one out there dropping passes and playing matador(O-le!) with the defensive ends. Nor is he throwing awful passes to covered receivers.

And for supposedly being so fast, Newman made Hixon look slow.

Another tough game to watch. Can't blame this all on Gilbride: Nobody is getting open, offensive line broke down and turned into a turnstile, and the running game lacks explosiveness.

I'm glad some are starting to wake up to the significance of Burress and Jacobs to the offensive, a few might be missing a playmaking TE as well.

They can stop putting Bradshaw in the game until we get Jacobs back, Ward is doing a better job without him. At this rate, we have 3 weeks to find a receiver to step up or its gonna be really ugly.

Boss was the one high point of last nights game, man. He showed tremendous speed and agility...now if we could get Eli to stop forcing the ball to his WRs and actually look for a second option such as Boss or Derrick Ward out of the backfield...but I guess he has to be given time to do that...