SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs

lemmiwinks

So what your saying is he will carry the ball 2X more and only have one more TD then last year? Sorry but I have to say 15+ at the least....

Well, seeing that both Ruben Drougnes (sp)and Brandon Jacobs are short yard back. I can see them both spliting time in goal lines situations.

Yrd - 1250

YPC - 4.1

TD - 15

and i think 1250 may be generous.

1250 puts him in the Top 10 in the league.....

78 yards a game with 19 Carries per

That might be about right.... but I would probably bump it up to 1375 figuring one or two big games in the mix.

Im going to go out on a limb here and call Jacobs a very possible top 5 rb. He cant be stopped when they know what we are going to do. An the couple times he got a shot on first or second down, well, he just been amazing.

YD 1650

YPC 5.1

TDs 16

Rec 35

Rec Y 299

Rec TD's 5

• 9 months later...
Guys we are talking about 2008 right? Keep in mind you must add Derrick Ward and Bradshaw to the mix. I see Jacobs with about 900 yards.

The thread was started before this past season, Charlie.

Next year, I suspect you are correct, but I would imagine that Ward (if he is retained, will fall to #3 on the depth chart behind Jacobs and Bradshaw, and the two will split carries. I suspect about a 60-40 split with Jacobs getting the majority.

Guys we are talking about 2008 right? Keep in mind you must add Derrick Ward and Bradshaw to the mix. I see Jacobs with about 900 yards.

I do not know how to respond to this, so I think I will respond by asking a few questions?

Why in gods name would anyone start a thead(ok well maybe one person)about the 2008 season, with the biggest gme this franchise has played in 7 years just a little over a week away?

What does Ward and Bradshaw have to do with Jacobs numbers?

(this topic was started in April ;) )

I do not know how to respond to this, so I think I will respond by asking a few questions?

Why in gods name would anyone start a thead(ok well maybe one person)about the 2008 season, with the biggest gme this franchise has played in 7 years just a little over a week away?

What does Ward and Bradshaw have to do with Jacobs numbers?

(this topic was started in April ;) )

Sorry guys, but I saw an interesting statistic today on ESPN. Last year we averaged 134.8 ypg. This year 134.4. Anyway hardly any difference.

BTW I love Jacobs I was one who was very excited about getting him. I worked in Chicago and read about him all the time at SIU. But he is prone to injury. Bradshaw may move past Ward although it will be interesting going into next year. Unless Droughns is a huge special teams player i believe he moves on next year.

Sorry guys, but I saw an interesting statistic today on ESPN. Last year we averaged 134.8 ypg. This year 134.4. Anyway hardly any difference.

Shows how good our bad OLine actually is. This team is turning into the Denver of past years. It seems like any RB that starts for the Giants does well.