SportsWrath

Let the party begin for UK and European Giants fans

UK-Giantsfan

man fuck that, ive been waiting 8 fuckin years for the Gmen to come back down to miami, and they go to london? im so fuckin pissed

I would be if I were you too. You only get 8 home games a year. Heck, Im pissed that the Giants even have to deal with jet lag in the middle of the season.

But on the other hand, Good for you UK. Hope you have a good time. :TU:

I would be if I were you too. You only get 8 home games a year. Heck, Im pissed that the Giants even have to deal with jet lag in the middle of the season.

But on the other hand, Good for you UK. Hope you have a good time. :TU:

They set it up so there is a bye afterward and a home game previous to it....at least thats how it was explained in the papers.

man fuck that, ive been waiting 8 fuckin years for the Gmen to come back down to miami, and they go to london? im so fuckin pissed

Me too. I'm pissed the fuck off. :furious:<_<

Oh well, I guess I'll save $500 for two fucking tickets so I can see the G-Frauds in Jersey.

i've just opened the Bollinger ......and i would just like to say one thing .........

YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock::rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock::rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock::rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :roYES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:ck:YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock:YES :rock: YES :rock: YESYES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: YES :rock: :rock: YES :rock:

Please come over .......and GO Giants 07

Why is it RIGHT in the middle of the season.

Thats what I was thinking too. How fucking stupid! So they spend their by week jet lagged, maybe sick. The NFL is fucking with something that doesn't need fixing. With all do respect, fuck Europe! Isn't there already NFL Europe? What the fuck!!!???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2751440

Dont get me wrong ...i absolutely love coming over the to US for games ......but this is amazing for us

let the party begin .....this will be a huge success for the NFL

Go Giants 07

Is American Football popular in England? Seems to me that most Europeans mock our game and call us pansies for wearing helmets. :unsure:

It's cool that you will get to see the Giants there, but do you think this will be a successful idea for the NFL?

Yes ......absolutely .....this will be a huge success ....guaranteed

okay another question, what teams are most popular in Europe and across England? I got into a fight with someone at another board and he was telling me that the Dolphins were more popular than the Giants in Europe. They can't even sell out their stadium and I don't know how they have more fans. I thought at least with a team having New York next to it might help a lot.

Look at it this way...the Gmen won 5 of the 8 games last year in away jerseys. They have a home game prior to and a bye the week after. As far as jet lag goes, it's better than 2 west coast games back to back. Plus, it'll be internationally televised, and with the way they played this year, us out of towner's are bound to get gyped next season, so I'll be glad to be assured of at least one game next year.

Oh, and UK-Giant....this is a great thing for the UK. I lived in Oxford when they first started showing American Football on channel 4 with Nick something-or-other hosting it (Big Audio Dynamite's "Bottom Line" was the theme tune). They used to show the games a full week out, but those of us on-base (RAF Upper Heyford) would get the "Stars and Stripes" newspaper and have the results before channel 4 showed the game. We'd proceed to the pub knowing full well who would win, and bet pints. Damn blokes thought we were football geniuses. :LMAO: I'll admit it was a pretty cheesy thing to do, however, we did come clean after a while and bought rounds to make up for the prank. I also remember the '86 Superbowl was shown live, and staying up until christ O'clock to watch it. I'd imagine things have come a long way since then, but those early days were great. Glad you'll be able to see a real game.

The flight is not that much longer than say a Seattle or San Fran flight. It's about a6 hour flight give or take. Its not like they are heading to the far east. As for when the game is being played, IMO mid season, week 8 with a bye week at week 9 is as fair as it can be. Most coaches will tell you that getting that bye mid season is the best possible scenario.

I cannot believe that the PHINS gave up a home game that they actually might sell out. I was there in 1993 when the Gmen played the Phins and there were more Giant fans there that day than Phins fans. Guess this saves them the embarassment of a sea of deep blue at pro player.

The flight is not that much longer than say a Seattle or San Fran flight. It's about a6 hour flight give or take. Its not like they are heading to the far east. As for when the game is being played, IMO mid season, week 8 with a bye week at week 9 is as fair as it can be. Most coaches will tell you that getting that bye mid season is the best possible scenario.

I cannot believe that the PHINS gave up a home game that they actually might sell out. I was there in 1993 when the Gmen played the Phins and there were more Giant fans there that day than Phins fans. Guess this saves them the embarassment of a sea of deep blue at pro player.

They usually have a sea of green when the Jets go down there anyway.

Look at it this way...the Gmen won 5 of the 8 games last year in away jerseys. They have a home game prior to and a bye the week after. As far as jet lag goes, it's better than 2 west coast games back to back. Plus, it'll be internationally televised, and with the way they played this year, us out of towner's are bound to get gyped next season, so I'll be glad to be assured of at least one game next year.

Oh, and UK-Giant....this is a great thing for the UK. I lived in Oxford when they first started showing American Football on channel 4 with Nick something-or-other hosting it (Big Audio Dynamite's "Bottom Line" was the theme tune). They used to show the games a full week out, but those of us on-base (RAF Upper Heyford) would get the "Stars and Stripes" newspaper and have the results before channel 4 showed the game. We'd proceed to the pub knowing full well who would win, and bet pints. Damn blokes thought we were football geniuses. :LMAO: I'll admit it was a pretty cheesy thing to do, however, we did come clean after a while and bought rounds to make up for the prank. I also remember the '86 Superbowl was shown live, and staying up until christ O'clock to watch it. I'd imagine things have come a long way since then, but those early days were great. Glad you'll be able to see a real game.

Rik, I used to watch Channel 4 also exactly at the time you're talking about, when I lived in Ireland. Stayed up for 49ers - Dolphins, Bears - Pats and Giants - Broncos, 11.30pm to 4pm. That was such a big deal to me that my parents let me stay up cause I was still in high school. They used to show one game a week and then play the highlights of the other games to Frankie goes to Hollywoods Two Tribes. Still I never missed that show ever.

UK Giants Fan, i hope if you go, you have a ball. At the new Wembley also, which is good. have fun.

Rik, I used to watch Channel 4 also exactly at the time you're talking about, when I lived in Ireland. Stayed up for 49ers - Dolphins, Bears - Pats and Giants - Broncos, 11.30pm to 4pm. That was such a big deal to me that my parents let me stay up cause I was still in high school. They used to show one game a week and then play the highlights of the other games to Frankie goes to Hollywoods Two Tribes. Still I never missed that show ever.

UK Giants Fan, i hope if you go, you have a ball. At the new Wembley also, which is good. have fun.

Umm and what time will this game be played? :confused:

Cool, dude. I didn't think anyone else would have any clue what I was talking about. The Air Force actually made the day after the SB a holiday so no one showed up to work all fucked up. Good times....good times.

Cool, dude. I didn't think anyone else would have any clue what I was talking about. The Air Force actually made the day after the SB a holiday so no one showed up to work all fucked up. Good times....good times.

Soon after the Channel 4, they had a show on Irish Tv also, but it was awful, I couldn't watch it. The guys on Channel 4 at least tried to have some enthusiasm for the game and used to get Mick Lockwood who kicked for the Falcons, to join them for the superbowl. That was a good show. Channel 4 always rocked.

Soon after the Channel 4, they had a show on Irish Tv also, but it was awful, I couldn't watch it. The guys on Channel 4 at least tried to have some enthusiasm for the game and used to get Mick Lockwood who kicked for the Falcons, to join them for the superbowl. That was a good show. Channel 4 always rocked.

Yeah channel 4 was the best of them all, although ITV was pretty good (used to get the reruns of "The Equalizer") :LMAO: Being away from home left us starved for what was happening in the states, and when football showed up, I swear, GI's creamed their panties. BBC was good for Darts (Eric Bristow was THE man), Snooker, Cricket, and the ocassional Aussie rules, but even channel 4 scooped up on that as a follow up to American Football. Christ, man, you were in High School thru those years?