SportsWrath

Let the party begin for UK and European Giants fans

UK-Giantsfan

Thats what I was thinking too. How fucking stupid! So they spend their by week jet lagged, maybe sick. The NFL is fucking with something that doesn't need fixing. With all do respect, fuck Europe! Isn't there already NFL Europe? What the fuck!!!???

A trip from NYC to London is no worse than a trip from NYC to Seattle.

Yeah channel 4 was the best of them all, although ITV was pretty good (used to get the reruns of "The Equalizer") :LMAO: Being away from home left us starved for what was happening in the states, and when football showed up, I swear, GI's creamed their panties. BBC was good for Darts (Eric Bristow was THE man), Snooker, Cricket, and the ocassional Aussie rules, but even channel 4 scooped up on that as a follow up to American Football. Christ, man, you were in High School thru those years?

Eric Bristow was awesome at Darts. And I was a big Alex Higgins/ Jimmy White fan in Snooker.

Yep, I was 16/17. I moved back to the States in 1987. Dad lost his job, those were rough times. Otherwise, I'm still in Ireland.

okay another question, what teams are most popular in Europe and across England? I got into a fight with someone at another board and he was telling me that the Dolphins were more popular than the Giants in Europe. They can't even sell out their stadium and I don't know how they have more fans. I thought at least with a team having New York next to it might help a lot.

The most popular teams over here are 49ers , Redskins , Giants , Dolphins and Pats ....there is also a bit of decent support for the Cowboys and Bears.

Basically the NFL became really popular between 1982 and 1991 ....when we had it on free to air TV. Everybody was in to Marino and Montana etc becasue they were considered the best QB's. Then the TV coverage went onto SKY ( pay for view ) and popularity dropped. Now things are on the rise again ....about 100,000 dedicated fans in the UK and more in Europe.

It is true to say that the Dolphins were one of the most popular teams 20 years ago ...but now the New York Giants are much better supported. I would say that the neutral supporter will root for the Giants in London on Oct 28 because of the New York factor ...and beacsue there is a whole new generation of Giants fans

Eric Bristow ( The Crafty Cockney ) and Jimmy White ( The Whirlwind ) .......ah ...those were the days

( i'm with you guys ......37 now ....17 when we won the Superbowl in Pasadena ......where did the time go guys ? )

I'm 37 also. All I know is at 17, I was dying for one Manchester United championship and now we've 8-9!! :TU:

By the way. In ireland, teams like the Patriots and the Jets were the most popular. Go figure huh?

I'm 37 also. All I know is at 17, I was dying for one Manchester United championship and now we've 8-9!! :TU:

By the way. In ireland, teams like the Patriots and the Jets were the most popular. Go figure huh?

hey boohyah ......i support Liverpool FC

( but Man United will win the premiership this season .....they are playing great football .....i mean soccer ! )

hey boohyah ......i support Liverpool FC

( but Man United will win the premiership this season .....they are playing great football .....i mean soccer ! )

Nah, you mean football!

United killed Spurs yesterday, I don't understand Liverpool at all, I like Benitez and they have good players, they just don't seem to perform to the level they are supposed to. Liverpool in the 70's / 80's, I hated the bastards, but I had mad respect for the football they played.

The most popular teams over here are 49ers , Redskins , Giants , Dolphins and Pats ....there is also a bit of decent support for the Cowboys and Bears.

Basically the NFL became really popular between 1982 and 1991 ....when we had it on free to air TV. Everybody was in to Marino and Montana etc becasue they were considered the best QB's. Then the TV coverage went onto SKY ( pay for view ) and popularity dropped. Now things are on the rise again ....about 100,000 dedicated fans in the UK and more in Europe.

It is true to say that the Dolphins were one of the most popular teams 20 years ago ...but now the New York Giants are much better supported. I would say that the neutral supporter will root for the Giants in London on Oct 28 because of the New York factor ...and beacsue there is a whole new generation of Giants fans

UK-G, make sure you start a chant that saids "Let go Giants!" ... :rock:

Eric Bristow was awesome at Darts. And I was a big Alex Higgins/ Jimmy White fan in Snooker.

Yep, I was 16/17. I moved back to the States in 1987. Dad lost his job, those were rough times. Otherwise, I'm still in Ireland.

I'm 5 years older than you and UK-G, I was there thru '92, then came back stateside. Who was the redheaded, quiet snooker master? I can't for the life of me think of his name without Googling it. Steve something, I think....oh, wait...Steve Davis (no Google...lol). He was an iceman on the table. Funny, the whole time I was there, I never got into soccer though. OH, and I believe the first announcer/host of American Football on channel 4 was Nick Lowery (I think he was a kicker for someone at one point in time).

I'm 5 years older than you and UK-G, I was there thru '92, then came back stateside. Who was the redheaded, quiet snooker master? I can't for the life of me think of his name without Googling it. Steve something, I think....oh, wait...Steve Davis (no Google...lol). He was an iceman on the table. Funny, the whole time I was there, I never got into soccer though. OH, and I believe the first announcer/host of American Football on channel 4 was Nick Lowery (I think he was a kicker for someone at one point in time).

Steve Davis is that guy. He was a great snooker player back then.

Nick Lowery used to kick for the Chiefs if I'm correct.

Ever see the Grand national Rik?

Steve Davis is that guy. He was a great snooker player back then.

Nick Lowery used to kick for the Chiefs if I'm correct.

Ever see the Grand national Rik?

No, not that I can recall. The then-Mrs. despised horse racing, and in those days, it was one TV in the house due to the TV tax. :(

Hey BronxRik and boohyah .....did you ever get to play ( or watch ) Rugby when you were over here ?

We have ''the six nations'' championship just started over here ....England , Scotland , Ireland , Wales , France , Italy

It is the hardest, toughest game ive ever played ....( 1 broken nose and 1 broken collar bone finished me off at school )

Rugby is a great spectacle .... is it played much in the US ?

by the way do you remember when Dennis Taylor beat Steve Davis 18-17 to win the world snooker Championship in 85 ( half the UK population watched that way into the night )

Man United v Liverpool at Anfield on 3rd March is one to look forward to

( and Chelsea v Man Utd on April 15th ...will decide the title )

i hope you guys make it across to London in Oct

Go Giants 07

Hey BronxRik and boohyah .....did you ever get to play ( or watch ) Rugby when you were over here ?

We have ''the six nations'' championship just started over here ....England , Scotland , Ireland , Wales , France , Italy

It is the hardest, toughest game ive ever played ....( 1 broken nose and 1 broken collar bone finished me off at school )

by the way do you remember when Dennis Taylor beat Steve Davis 18-17 to win the world snooker Championship in 85 ( half the UK population watched that way into the night )

Go Giants 07

In my best Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally Voice".....YES, YES, YES, YES. That was an absolutely stellar game.

As for Rugby, I used to watch it on-and-off. Sort of tried to watch it as a "replacement" for football, but never really got into it.

Go Giants 07

I never played Rugby UK, but I watched it all the time when i was back there. I lost some interest in it after 87 because it was too hard to follow and there was no coverage here. But I watch more of it now. Rugby is a great game. Ireland won 2 triple crowns in the 80's and were pretty decent. Wales had some great players, remember JPR Williams?. Serge Blanco was the fastest running back I've ever saw for France. Plus Bill Beaumont was a tough bastard for England, a great captain. How did you feel when Ireland beat you guys last year to win the triple crown at Twickenham no less!

not only was that snnoker match the best game I've ever saw, but it came down to the last 2 balls in the final frame. I believe it was the most watched sports match in Ireland's history. Great stuff.

UK, I can only hope that in those games we at least get a draw in both. I think if that Liverpool game was played this Saturday, United would win because we're very hot right now. If we draw the Chelsea game, they gain no ground on us.

I'd love to make it to London, but I'm hoping to make it to Old TRafford later this year.

i agree with you boohyah ....ManU tore Spurs to pieces on Sun ....i think they deserve to be Champions this season. How do you feel about Malcolm Glazer owning the club ? ( alot of ManU fans still hate it ! ) ...we now have the same scenario at Liverpool with George Gillett and Tom Hicks about to buy the club ) ....in my opinion MONEY ruined English football 5 years ago ...sadly

( and now you have the overpaid Mr Beckham and his lovely wife coming over to the US .....what a suprise ! )

i agree with you boohyah ....ManU tore Spurs to pieces on Sun ....i think they deserve to be Champions this season. How do you feel about Malcolm Glazer owning the club ? ( alot of ManU fans still hate it ! ) ...we now have the same scenario at Liverpool with George Gillett and Tom Hicks about to buy the club ) ....in my opinion MONEY ruined English football 5 years ago ...sadly

( and now you have the overpaid Mr Beckham and his lovely wife coming over to the US .....what a suprise ! )

The Glazer situation never bothered me. Yes, all the debt is put on the club, but we're still turning over record profits each year. Plus, if you look around the league, nearly every team is in debt, including Chelsea.

I think the whole Beckham situation is stupid. Yes he has star appeal, but in overall quality, he adds squat.

i cant wait for Chelsea to fall apart ! ......every one hates them over here .....if Roman Abramovich thinks he can buy success with his laundered Russian Oil money ......then he better think again .....and as for that Mourinho ....with his arrogance and over confidence ...his time at Stamford Bridge will end in disaster for sure

Is American Football popular in England? Seems to me that most Europeans mock our game and call us pansies for wearing helmets. :unsure:

It's cool that you will get to see the Giants there, but do you think this will be a successful idea for the NFL?

Even if they don't do anytihng else after this game in London, they'll still make millions just with the attendence. The stadium they're gonna play in is huge.