SportsWrath

Ramses Barden

Sephiroth

I have mixed feelings about Ramses Barden.

On one hand, he hasn't really done dick since he's been here, but on the other, the guy is 6-6 and hasn't been asked to run a single deep route or fade.

He seems to have pretty decent hands. Does he suck or is this another case of Kevin Gilbride not knowing how to play up to one of his players' strengths?

On one hand, he hasn't really done dick since he's been here, but on the other, the guy is 6-6 and hasn't been asked to run a single deep route or fade.

He seems to have pretty decent hands. Does he suck or is this another case of Kevin Gilbride not knowing how to play up to one of his players' strengths?

Or is it a case of keeping a weapon... secret?

Then again, I wondered the same thing about Da'rel Scott two or three fumbles ago.

Is he really 6'6?? Cuz the dude dosen't play like he is. I guess it's like in basketball you have big dudes like Pual Gasol but he can't get rebounds off dudes like Jason Kidd.

Anyways. I still haven't seen him put in there during the end zone....

you're right- he plays short. good observation, trash.

How often is our offense in a 4 WR set?

Despite Barden being 6'6 and having reasonably good hands; Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz are well ahead of him on the depth chart. If Manningham does not get resigned this offseason, I don't think we'd have a problem with Nicks-Cruz-Barden.

I'm confused as well.. the guy needs game time experience... yet the coaching staff don't put him out there.. same with Scott... THIS is the time to put these guys in.. especially knowing probably BJ won't be back next season.

I'm confused as well.. the guy needs game time experience... yet the coaching staff don't put him out there.. same with Scott... THIS is the time to put these guys in.. especially knowing probably BJ won't be back next season.

I beg to differ. With playoffs on the line, you stick with what got you this far. If we were out of playoff contention, I would agree wholeheartedly.

These guys have been practicing all season long. And while I'm sure the coaches spend most of their time with the first team, there has to be some level of reporting from the second team or third team or even the practice squad to either TC, PF, or KG so that they can adjust depth charts and whatnot. If that communication is not available, I think it's a huge detriment to the team in general. The point though is, that by this point in the year, the coaching staff should know what these guys are able to offer despite the fact that they don't see much time on Sundays.

Did any of you guys even watch the last game? He had plenty of opportunities and did NOTHING. The guy blows and you guys need to get over the fact he's tall. That's all he is, and that means nothing.

I guess you're right... :angry:

Another case of Gilfuck not utilizing his weapons....fuck if we can run draws with Ware...we can throw a pass or two to Barden.

Oh shit someone else watchin Giants games.

Did any of you guys even watch the last game? He had plenty of opportunities and did NOTHING. The guy blows and you guys need to get over the fact he's tall. That's all he is, and that means nothing.

That's true, however, when you're being asked to run 8 hard hooks and square-ins against Darelle Revis, I think you can expect that.

Motherfucker is 6'6." Can we have him go up for ONE fucking jump ball? At least we'll know whether or not he sucks.

That's true, however, when you're being asked to run 8 hard hooks and square-ins against Darelle Revis, I think you can expect that.

Motherfucker is 6'6." Can we have him go up for ONE fucking jump ball? At least we'll know whether or not he sucks.

Agree...

it's funny most of his catches seem to be at hip level.

We can only watch what's on camera :)

For real. To say Barden sucks is a bit premature. He's buried on the depth chart and when given the opportunity, he has caught passes. And I'm not going to fault the guy for getting hurt.

Wasn't he on the PUP list?

Also, he's behind 4 (including Hixon) guys that are far more proven than Barden. I have a feeling it might change come next season, depending on Manningham's situation.

He has yet to make a bad play. He just hasn't produced yet. I just think there's a difference between sucking and not getting the opportunity.

Isn't he near the end of his contract by next year? I hate to have this 6'6 asshole waste our roster spot all these years then be catching TDs left and right for someone else or demanding some coin for a productive contract season.

With the way Eli sometimes sail the ball so high in the end zone you would think freaking gilltard would put barren in there. Have nicks draw out some attention.