SportsWrath

Draft Day

Herc

And he had that freak eye injury that took him out for a good chunk of his rookie season too.  He really hasn’t had a ton of game snaps but I really liked what I saw from him as a possession receiver his first season.  I’d really prefer Waller to just retire and go in with bellinger and Johnson sharing the routes

1 hour ago, Herc said:

And he had that freak eye injury that took him out for a good chunk of his rookie season too.  He really hasn’t had a ton of game snaps but I really liked what I saw from him as a possession receiver his first season.  I’d really prefer Waller to just retire and go in with bellinger and Johnson sharing the routes

Same...regarding Waller.  But dude just got divorced and as anyone who has ever been close to a divorce knows...99 outta 100 times, "its cheaper to keep her"

...meaning he may play and probably be tempted to half ass it for his last season for that last round of game checks all to himself

6 hours ago, Herc said:

I forgot about that, he really was playing well until that point.

What worries you guys about this roster post draft? Obviously QB is going to be interesting to say the least, but for me it's a) Secondary still seems thin, even with adding a 2nd and 3rd rounder, and b) Much lesser extent but still on my mind is DT.

OL is another one people might say, though we added 4-5 bodies in the offseason, on top of Thomas, Neal, JMS, plus McKethan and Ezeudu in the mix.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

What worries you guys about this roster post draft? Obviously QB is going to be interesting to say the least, but for me it's a) Secondary still seems thin, even with adding a 2nd and 3rd rounder, and b) Much lesser extent but still on my mind is DT.

OL is another one people might say, though we added 4-5 bodies in the offseason, on top of Thomas, Neal, JMS, plus McKethan and Ezeudu in the mix.

There is no left guard on the roster. Like... he's not there. That's #1 to me. #2 is there aren't two starting corners. QB too but we're going to be fucked for a long time at that spot. I get that players want to win but we really fucked the franchise when Devito won those 3 games.

10 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

plus the dude spent his first offseason training like a body builder instead of a football player.

hopefully he learned some lessons from that, he came into 2023 jacked but stiff.

Yep Nas was all into yoga and flexibility for NFL players...

10 hours ago, Herc said:

I agree with you completely regarding this...

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

There is no left guard on the roster. Like... he's not there. That's #1 to me. #2 is there aren't two starting corners. QB too but we're going to be fucked for a long time at that spot. I get that players want to win but we really fucked the franchise when Devito won those 3 games.

Yep... just tank... Jesus Holy Christ.. roll out Blue in Canada's tank and be done with it.

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep we’d have Maye right now.  On the other hand they started a complete tomato and won anyway.  How much harder can you try to lose?

Waller hanging around with his BS 'Im still thinking about it' is pissing me off. Just fucking walk away and make your Illuminati and Runyan are good additions on the OL - think thats why they didnt focus too much on the line in the draft 

11 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Don't sleep on 'Zudu!

43 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

He sucks and never should have been drafted.  Same with McQueefin.  

sounds like we should have used a draft pick on a lineman at some point. 

12 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

You know how we said there werent any WTF moments in the draft and we were all happy about that?

This would have been the penultimate WTF moment that would have arguably been a bigger WTF moment than drafting Jones in the firat place.  Thats the kinda shit that you fire the fuckin GM before the 2nd round starts and question whether he is quietly working for another team and sandbagging the Giants.

Pissed doesnt even begin to describe how I wouldve felt if that had happened that way

14 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah...once you realize you are out of playoffs, you might as well lose out.  Two more losses and we are talking about when to start the rookie QB....but then again, maybe Alt wouldve been the pick.

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Isn't Runyan Jr. penciled in at LG?

Edit: Nevermind, I see him on the depth chart at RG. For LG, I supposed we'll see Elumenor, and if he needs to move to RT, then one of Stinnue, Ezeudu, and McKethan

11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Garafolo and Glazer are two guys I trust above the others  

Oh boy. When your team is has Drew Lock in the mix for starting QB, your team is in trouble.

31 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah if alt was available at 6 maybe they take him but I don’t think they’d trade that much for a LT

Yeah there's zero chance the Giants offered three first rounders to take a LT when we have a LT. 

Apparently Alt isn't suited for RT either.

But just goes to show what type of ship Schoen runs.

When the pundits are grasping at straws to try to stay they "have reports" and knew what the Giants wanted to do.

When in reality they have no idea.