SportsWrath

Draft Day

Herc

30 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah there's zero chance the Giants offered three first rounders to take a LT when we have a LT. 

Apparently Alt isn't suited for RT either.

But just goes to show what type of ship Schoen runs.

When the pundits are grasping at straws to try to stay they "have reports" and knew what the Giants wanted to do.

When in reality they have no idea. 

well all except this one guy says they were trying to trade for Maye. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

well all except this one guy says they were trying to trade for Maye. 

Their all flipping hot cakes.

Hot cake salesmen looking for their moment because of it does happen then they can sit there and say "see see! I was right!"

Outside of maybe Boozebag Ian and Schefty the rest have zero idea and their sources are typically equipment managers and low ranking employees.

Belichek went into it during McAfees draft special, and Micheal Lombardi even talked about it saying that all these pundits and their "sources" are straight up lies and slander usually fed to them by the team or agents. 

Fucking hate what sports media has become. 

34 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Their all flipping hot cakes.

Hot cake salesmen looking for their moment because of it does happen then they can sit there and say "see see! I was right!"

Outside of maybe Boozebag Ian and Schefty the rest have zero idea and their sources are typically equipment managers and low ranking employees.

Belichek went into it during McAfees draft special, and Micheal Lombardi even talked about it saying that all these pundits and their "sources" are straight up lies and slander usually fed to them by the team or agents. 

Fucking hate what sports media has become. 

They are all saying the same thing, except for one guy.  It’s clear they tried to trade up for Maye.  

Garafolo is a guy I trust above most of the others. 

36 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

They are all saying the same thing, except for one guy.  It’s clear they tried to trade up for Maye.  

Garafolo is a guy I trust above most of the others. 

Here's the thing though and how I look at 99% of these pundits "Sources" 

Who in the Giants organization has the power for trade for Maye? Schoen and maybe Mara is he was talking with Kraft.

We know for a fact Schoen isn't the one leaking the information that he was in talks with the Patriots or what was offered. 

So it must be a "Source" inside the Patriots leaking any sort of information to beat writers, which I'm not going to take for face value. 

The only people who know what happened during that time frame is Schoen and whoever he may have talked to come draft time.   

Now unless Gerafolo comes out and says "I've heard it from Schoens mouth that he offered three picks specifically for Drake Maye" then he's just as trustworthy as any other hot cake flipper out there. 

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Here's the thing though and how I look at 99% of these pundits "Sources" 

Who in the Giants organization has the power for trade for Maye? Schoen and maybe Mara is he was talking with Kraft.

We know for a fact Schoen isn't the one leaking the information that he was in talks with the Patriots or what was offered. 

So it must be a "Source" inside the Patriots leaking any sort of information to beat writers, which I'm not going to take for face value. 

The only people who know what happened during that time frame is Schoen and whoever he may have talked to come draft time.   

Now unless Gerafolo comes out and says "I've heard it from Schoens mouth that he offered three picks specifically for Drake Maye" then he's just as trustworthy as any other hot cake flipper out there. 

So you’re done with all nfl rumors then?

I like to just look at all of them and pretend they’re true lol

what was really rough the past year is all these goddamn fan accounts trying to buy a following with a blue check.  They’re fucking everywhere now

13 minutes ago, Herc said:

I like to just look at all of them and pretend they’re true lol

what was really rough the past year is all these goddamn fan accounts trying to buy a following with a blue check.  They’re fucking everywhere now

But when it’s a Jay Glazer or a Mike Garafolo, you can usually believe what they’re saying. 

5 hours ago, gmenroc said:

You know how we said there werent any WTF moments in the draft and we were all happy about that?

This would have been the penultimate WTF moment that would have arguably been a bigger WTF moment than drafting Jones in the firat place.  Thats the kinda shit that you fire the fuckin GM before the 2nd round starts and question whether he is quietly working for another team and sandbagging the Giants.

Pissed doesnt even begin to describe how I wouldve felt if that had happened that way

For sure... a complete mortgaging of the future for unicorns and sunbeams at this point.  Get what you can and get out.  The Patsies have been abusing other teams for a decade and a half.  They could not pull it off because they lost the original Darth Vader in Belichek.  2024 seems to be a lost year and I can't wait till 2025.  Unload DJ as soon and as painlessly as possible.  Gettleman is like Night of the Living Dead zombies reaching out of the grave. :laugh::rip:

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For sure... a complete mortgaging of the future for unicorns and sunbeams at this point.  Get what you can and get out.  The Patsies have been abusing other teams for a decade and a half.  They could not pull it off because they lost the original Darth Vader in Belichek.  2024 seems to be a lost year and I can't wait till 2025.  Unload DJ as soon and as painlessly as possible.  Gettleman is like Night of the Living Dead zombies reaching out of the grave. :laugh::rip:

I think too 2024 is a lost year at this point.  I will still watch and may actually end up at the Steelers game depending on when.  My old man is 75 this year and has never been to a game (Steelers fan).  Was gonna go 4 years ago when we hosted but you know...Covid.  But neither of us are looking to freeze our asses off while dropping coin for tix, hotel, etc.  We shall see.  Kinda hoping we both suck and its a pre-november game...

5 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I think too 2024 is a lost year at this point.  I will still watch and may actually end up at the Steelers game depending on when.  My old man is 75 this year and has never been to a game (Steelers fan).  Was gonna go 4 years ago when we hosted but you know...Covid.  But neither of us are looking to freeze our asses off while dropping coin for tix, hotel, etc.  We shall see.  Kinda hoping we both suck and its a pre-november game...

Good fortune to you.  Enjoy.  Steelers another old line team.  Hope it is a good game.  This is like pre -LT for me.  No expectations whatsoever and onward to 2025.  Hopefully some improvements in the team.  Hope a resolution and we leave the wilderness of now six years of DJ.

17 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Depends on how the Oline and injuries go.

I think the new Oline coach is going to help immensely and even if the group can become a league average Oline then the offense as a whole will be much improved from last year.

In terms of QB it's like any team that doesn't have their franchise guy, you just hope they can put someone out there that doesn't create turnovers and gets the ball where it's designed to go on the play.

All the other heroics are nice to have like Eli's late game drives and will put you over the top but I'm willing to say 20-25 teams in the NFL don't have a guy capable of that. 

When it comes to Jones I want nothing more for him to into the season healthy and slinging the rock around like his rookie year (without the 10+ fumbles) and getting the ball to our shiny new toy in Nabers. 

However if you have questions about your QB in year six you don't have a QB you just have a question mark. 

Defensively I think it will be good to see a coordinator who doesn't have that "ameba" type defense where guys are moving around at the line and who drops where and does what. Thibs playing 10 yard flat coverage doesn't strike fear into a QB, Thibs putting his hand in the fucking dirt and getting after them does.  

In terms of the health of the team I'm glad to hear that Daboll got the weight room and facilities all renovated this offseason and we have a new training and head of medical staff this year. Granted to still play on arguably the worse surface in the NFL according to players but all we can do is pray the new conditioning team is up to the task to get them ready. 

I believe last year was a massive fluke in terms of injuries and just underperformance across the board, atleast that's my hope. If and that's a big if the team is healthy and the Oline (and coach) can get the unit to a middle of the pack group we will see a better team next year.

Schoen/Daboll can't blame Gettys awful team building and contracts like he could say in years one and two. It's a whole new team/FO/coaches, etc, and NY isn't a patient place to play. 

16 hours ago, gmenroc said:

2024 is likely yet another transitory year because of the uncertainty at the QB position.

Schoen and Co took a shot with Jones, only to realize we've all been conned, and he's his same injury and mistake prone self, but culminating in an offseason where they did nothing to address the position. Maybe Drew Lock will compete well in camp and become something, but I doubt it.

Lots of people claim Mara is behind the decision to retain and stick with Jones, and Schoen and Daboll have wanted to move on, which if true, probably lends itself to Schoen and Daboll being untouchable even if we have a bad season next season (unless something extraordinary happens). In other words, ownership will likely keep Schoen and Daboll around and give them a chance to draft and develop a new QB, and/or maybe give them a run with Lock if he shows something.

It's actually an interesting position the giants are in because I feel they have decent talent on the team to compete...except for at the QB position. If DJ wasn't injury prone, maybe he could be toned down to be a game manager, but he's too injury and mistake prone.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

2024 is likely yet another transitory year because of the uncertainty at the QB position.

Schoen and Co took a shot with Jones, only to realize we've all been conned, and he's his same injury and mistake prone self, but culminating in an offseason where they did nothing to address the position. Maybe Drew Lock will compete well in camp and become something, but I doubt it.

Lots of people claim Mara is behind the decision to retain and stick with Jones, and Schoen and Daboll have wanted to move on, which if true, probably lends itself to Schoen and Daboll being untouchable even if we have a bad season next season (unless something extraordinary happens). In other words, ownership will likely keep Schoen and Daboll around and give them a chance to draft and develop a new QB, and/or maybe give them a run with Lock if he shows something.

It's actually an interesting position the giants are in because I feel they have decent talent on the team to compete...except for at the QB position. If DJ wasn't injury prone, maybe he could be toned down to be a game manager, but he's too injury and mistake prone.

The problem is the best part of his game puts him in higher risk for injury. He was most effective when those planned qb runs were heavily mixed in. Keep that part of his game he’s going to get injured. Take it away he’s not a good qb. A real catch 22. 

1 minute ago, Virginia Giant said:

The problem is the best part of his game puts him in higher risk for injury. He was most effective when those planned qb runs were heavily mixed in. Keep that part of his game he’s going to get injured. Take it away he’s not a good qb. A real catch 22. 

That also just means he's not a reliable franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Even if he has a great year, all that does is prove he’s consistently inconsistent. 

If I had to bet, he has an okayish year by his standards, team goes 8-9 or something...and they (ownership) still insist on sticking with him in 2025 rather than move on.

26 minutes ago, mastershake said:

If I had to bet, he has an okayish year by his standards, team goes 8-9 or something...and they (ownership) still insist on sticking with him in 2025 rather than move on.

32 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Even if he has a great year, all that does is prove he’s consistently inconsistent. 

To be clear about my opinion, Jones is ass. 

But if he has a great year, and leads a severely injury-riddled team to an 8-9 record, I think that proves that he’s (by some miracle, turned into) a franchise QB. 

And I mean actually ‘great’, like MVP numbers. And I mean injury-riddled, like Coughlin is fucking coaching. 

That’s what I’d need to see to want to run it back with Jones after an 8-9 season.

42 minutes ago, mastershake said:

If they are going to risk paying him 40 million to get hurt, they'll run it back with him in 2025 if he has a "good" year subjectively.

37 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

But if he has a great year, and leads a severely injury-riddled team to an 8-9 record, I think that proves that he’s (by some miracle, turned into) a franchise QB. 

And I mean actually ‘great’, like MVP numbers. And I mean injury-riddled, like Coughlin is fucking coaching. 

That’s what I’d need to see to want to run it back with Jones after an 8-9 season.

and then the next season when he plays poorly again?

14 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

I've been saying it forever, like flogging a dead horse, but this will all lead to Arch Manning in '26. 

Is he even gonna play this year?

50 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm not assuming injuries. Just saying we'll have a mediocre non playoff year, he'll play as a bottom 15 QB, and this ownership will continue to hem and haw on him.