SportsWrath

Draft Day

Herc

So what do we all want to happen?

I’ve settled on aggressively trading up for Maye.  If the pats refuse to trade out but take McCarthy I’ll be screaming at my tv to call Arizona, which I’d imagine would be a quick deal because why wouldn’t az trade down to 6?

McCarthy, Nabers or Odunze at 6 will make me happy too.

I’ll shrug and say “well we could use the help” if it’s one of the tackles at 6.

I’ll do lots of bitching online if we trade down and it’s not for one of the wr’s, McCarthy or Penix.

What I want to happen? Ideally, somehow Jayden Daniels falls to us, or we somehow trade to get him. Realistic chance of this happening? One in a million.

More realistically what I want?

1) Nabers or Odunze at 6...then trade up to the back of the 1st or early 2nd to get Nix or Penix, if they fall that far.

OR

2) Trade down and grab Nix or Penix, and draft a WR later on, such as in the 2nd, or if we somehow get MN #11 and #23 in a trade do a QB/WR combo.

Later rounds of the draft, rounds 3-7, after WR, priorities for me are S, CB, DT depth. Possibly TE too, since Waller is dithering.

Trade up to 3 for one of the top 3 QBs not named McCarthy.

If not that, trade down but no further than 11 or 13.  Hope that Penix falls to that point and take him.  If he is gone, you still may find Odunze, Olu, Mims, or one of the top CBs.  I could get behind any of those.

If staying put at 6, I would take one of the WRs assuming 3 QBs go in top 5.  Harrison-Nabors- Odunze is how I got em ranked.

Obviously I have a favorite.  I don’t know enough about any other player to be disappointed if we draft them. I’d like a qb to know we have a direction, but can’t argue against one of the receivers. If we go wr at 6, is like to see aggressively pursuing getting into the back of rd 1 for Nix. 

But. Penix all the way. At 6 or later. That’s the guy.  

Just now, Virginia Giant said:

My gut is we go wr. Especially if someone jumps to 4 or 5 for McCarthy. 

I dont think Arizona moves out with Harrison Jr staring them in the face.  I think 3 and 5 are the only spots teams below us have at getting ahead of us.

I would love for some team to jump us and take McCarthy.  That would alleviate any possibility of what I believe would be a huge mistake on our part

2 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Obviously I have a favorite.  I don’t know enough about any other player to be disappointed if we draft them. I’d like a qb to know we have a direction, but can’t argue against one of the receivers. If we go wr at 6, is like to see aggressively pursuing getting into the back of rd 1 for Nix. 

But. Penix all the way. At 6 or later. That’s the guy.  

If we trade with MN, we could get Penix at #11, and take a WR at #23. 

I don't think AZ should move out of #4 and pass on Harrison, and if I'm Harbaugh at #5 how can I pass on Nabers or Alt to trade down with MN?

I would really like to see them take the best available player on the board at 6, I have no particular skin in the game which one that is.    There is a ton of talent there and this team can use it, WR, OL, QB

What I really do not want to see is us trading up to get the 3rd or 4th QB off the board and losing a 1st round pick next year as part of the cost.

27 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Hot take, wild (unlikely) prediction: We trade up to #4 and take Harrison Jr.

Say we flip them our #1, #3, and 2025 #2. Would anyone be opposed to this move?

While Harrison is awesome, I dont know there is that level of a difference between him and Nabors/Odunze to justify the additional picks

I don't think we are taking a QB.

My long shot is we trade down 1-2 spots for extra picks later.

I think Nabers is the plan pick, but if we end up with Alt, I consider it a win. At the end of the day, our offensive line is the priority.

Tomorrow if Nix is on the table, I would pick him. If not , Spencer rattler in the 4th.

I am hoping that we stay at 6 and pick the best available player. I don't think it is worth it to give up a first rounder for for any QB except the ones going 1 and 2. I would rather trade back and draft Penix. I do worry about his injury history. That's why I think it is best to stay were they are. 

I'm in the "Trade up for Maye" camp too.

If we stay at 6, it'd be a fucking miracle if Maye landed there anyway. I'd alo take Nabers or Odunze there. MHJ of course if He's available.  I'll be moderately pissed if we take JJ McCarthy.

I'd also love a trade down with Minnesota and grab best remaining players at those spots. As others have said, Odunze, Olu, Latham, Bowers, etc all could still be there.

Gonna be a fun night.

If McCarthy is there, trade #6 for Minny's two 1st rounds, take Bowers (or outside chance Odunze is there if there's been a run on OTs) at #11, and Nix or best CB available at #23.

If not, take Odunze or Nabers. 

Mcshay just said pats won’t move unless they have a deal with az to move back up to 4, which I guess makes sense.  Maybe the move is to wait for them to take jj at 3 and trade with az

6 hours ago, boohyah said:

I don't think we are taking a QB.

My long shot is we trade down 1-2 spots for extra picks later.

I think Nabers is the plan pick, but if we end up with Alt, I consider it a win. At the end of the day, our offensive line is the priority.

Tomorrow if Nix is on the table, I would pick him. If not , Spencer rattler in the 4th.

I'm with you on this one, I don't think it's QB either. Like you said, trade down, get some extra picks, pull some of the late round talent. I wish we could find a way to get Bowers though. Rattler would be ok, but I think I'd rather take Pratt. 

11 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I will say it one last time before this shit starts...I hope to hell JJ is gone before we pick or we are smart enough to trade back if he is 1 of top 4 remaining QBs.

I think 5 years down the road JJ has the best career out of all of them.