SportsWrath

Draft Day

Herc

8 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Isn't he like the 3rd best TE in the draft after Bowers and Sanders? 

Something like that, and he has Gronk-like measureables too, I was so sure he’d be gone he wasn’t on my 4th round radar.

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think he did last year too. 

That’s really impressive.  Meanwhile Jordan ranaan is tweeting 11 player lists of possibilities and then doing victory laps when one of them gets picked 

14 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Maybe this forces Waller's retirement decision, or...he's already made it and the giants know what it is. 

I have to think this seals it, if I had to guess. Why else draft Theo, plus bring in two free agents to go with Bellinger already on the roster. Unless the two low cost free agents are/were just insurance.

Theo sure sounds like a guy who can contribute early and eventually grow into a bigger role if he develops.

I imagine this is insurance as well for is Waller retires or even if he doesn't when he inevitably misses 11 games. 

Seems like the Giants are just going BPA/highest rate guy who fits their need this draft.

Nabers best graded WR.

Nubin was the best grades safety.

Phillips was a fringe top 50 ranked.

Theo was top 5 TE end ranked. 

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Theo sure sounds like a guy who can contribute early and eventually grow into a bigger role if he develops.

I imagine this is insurance as well for is Waller retires or even if he doesn't when he inevitably misses 11 games. 

That's how I see it too. I love the pick. Even if Waller hangs around, he probably only has one more year in him, and/or this is decent insurance for the injury prone Waller. If Waller doesn't stay this year, well then perhaps we got our TE2 with the ability to develop into a TE1 someday.

Theo can probably line up in the slot on passing downs, something Bellinger really can't.

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

That's how I see it too. I love the pick. Even if Waller hangs around, he probably only has one more year in him, and/or this is decent insurance for the injury prone Waller. If Waller doesn't stay this year, well then perhaps we got our TE2 with the ability to develop into a TE1 someday.

Theo can probably line up in the slot on passing downs, something Bellinger really can't.

Yeah one of those picks who could end up being a good in a couple seasons 

18 hours ago, boohyah said:

All these guys at the draft all dressed in team colors and when the pick is called, they don't know anything about the guy they pick so they remember to look enthusiastic for the camera.

That's a BINGO as I noticed that on Thursday going forward...

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yep. Cut Waller loose if he's not into football anymore.

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Maybe this forces Waller's retirement decision, or...he's already made it and the giants know what it is. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I have to think this seals it, if I had to guess. Why else draft Theo, plus bring in two free agents to go with Bellinger already on the roster. Unless the two low cost free agents are/were just insurance.

53 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Waller needs retirement and therapy... not in that order.

Tyrone Tracy Jr, RB, Purdue.

Not another big 10 RB Giants draft pick lol!

Just kidding. The kid looks good. Seems like a RB/WR gadget player who could be a 3rd down RB for now and maybe develop into a full time starter eventually.

Saints took rattler.  I’m not so sure the giants are going to draft anyone that they don’t think can at least compete with jones in year 1

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

Saints took rattler.  I’m not so sure the giants are going to draft anyone that they don’t think can at least compete with jones in year 1

That's true at this point they'd be competing with Cutlets. 

Darius Muasau could be good depth piece behind Okereke and McFadden considering there's really not much other than them at LB (and our Edge rushers, plus Simmons as a Nickel LB hybrid player).

I always worry WTF is going to happen if Okereke and McFadden go down with injury. Not sure Beavers is the answer, or at the very least he has competition now.