SportsWrath

Wink resigns...

gmenroc

16 minutes ago, Herc said:

McKinney is a bitch.  I put no stock in anything he says.

its a shame things worked out the way they did.  I think this staff could’ve made it work and even though I’ve always felt uneasy about blitzing so much, the guys played hard for wink all year.  

yeah McKinney violated the terms of his contract and injured himself in the process, during a season we were actually competitive.    Then when being asked legitimate questions about it he just literally kept replying “sight seeing tour”.  

then runs to the press to bitch about his coach and was quickly refuted by another teammate.   

I hope we don’t pay this guy big money. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

yeah McKinney violated the terms of his contract and injured himself in the process, during a season we were actually competitive.    Then when being asked legitimate questions about it he just literally kept replying “sight seeing tour”.  

then runs to the press to bitch about his coach and was quickly refuted by another teammate.   

I hope we don’t pay this guy big money. 

And vague tweeted complaints about the front office all summer like a 16 year old girl.  I’ll drive him to the airport

3 minutes ago, Herc said:

And vague tweeted complaints about the front office all summer like a 16 year old girl.  I’ll drive him to the airport

I’ll throw you some gas money. 

21 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Wink still out there. I guess undermining your head coach, leaking shit to the media and trying to divide the team up into locker room factions isn't good for your employment.

This is so epic... my 40 year career distilled down to six months of Giants madness.  So funny... :rock::git::pimp:

9 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I think there was also a lot of talk from players and ex-players about Wink overall - thats probably the reason why he has no interest from other teams for even DC, let alone HC. He might end up being a LB or DB coach or assistant DC or some shit

College is the way for him.... he needs to be an athletic director somewhere for five to ten years if he still has the Jones for coaching.

3 hours ago, Herc said:

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I’ll throw you some gas money. 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Straight from my Management 101 days... always remove, promote, transfer the outspoken problematic employee with no following.  Usually a big mouthed person who talks and can't produce.  Addition by subtraction... :)

Reports going around that Ravens DB coach Wilson will take the DC job with the Titans.

Some NY pundits (Leonard/RannaBanana) are stating "with the uncertain condition of the Giants HC/GM some DCs have been turned off by the situation"  

I think they end up hiring from within for DC, Jerome Henderson probably. 

Not my choice but a number of the highly touted DC prospects are off the board.

its probably more that the Titans are a more certain situation. Its a new front office, a new coaching staff. Wilson has probably a three year runway there. But here, Daboll is already going into year 3. There's no indication he's on thin ice, but year 3 is year 3.  

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

its probably more that the Titans are a more certain situation. Its a new front office, a new coaching staff. Wilson has probably a three year runway there. But here, Daboll is already going into year 3. There's no indication he's on thin ice, but year 3 is year 3.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no real improvement on the field next year for Schoen to throw Dabs under the bus and fire him outright to save his skin.  

Or for Mara to just fire them both lol 

23 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no real improvement on the field next year for Schoen to throw Dabs under the bus and fire him outright to save his skin.  

Or for Mara to just fire them both lol 

I think the team will have to regress for Daboll to get fired....  But they won't have to regress much after a near disastrous 2023. He can't have much slack in his leash after last season. Whatever Mara says about it, there's no way Daboll is still on scholarship. 

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think the team will have to regress for Daboll to get fired....  But they won't have to regress much after a near disastrous 2023. He can't have much slack in his leash after last season. Whatever Mara says about it, there's no way Daboll is still on scholarship. 

You know it's funny... I was listening to a podcast a few weeks back and they were making the case that the Giants 2023 season was more "a series of unfortunate events" than that they were a particularly bad team.  Among the points made: 

Best player (Andrew Thomas) hurt
Entire o-line missed significant time 
Daniel Jones out most of the season
Darren Waller out
4 losses by one score or less
Team never quit

I'd also point out that most of their wins were by less than a score, but still... the ball bounces their way in a few of those games and they'd have a 10-7 record.

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Especially with the coaches available next offseason

Who do you have your eye on? 

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

You know it's funny... I was listening to a podcast a few weeks back and they were making the case that the Giants 2023 season was more "a series of unfortunate events" than that they were a particularly bad team.  Among the points made: 

Darren Waller out
Team never quit

I'd also point out that most of their wins were by less than a score, but still... the ball bounces their way in a few of those games and they'd have a 10-7 record.

Nobody in particular cuz I’m still hoping this works out but belichick, Carrol and vrabel didn’t get hired and Ben Johnson will likely be a hot candidate again 

5 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

This CD... the Titans are a fresh green patch of Earth.  Coming here you have to align with Daboll and Schoen or stick your thumb up your butt.  This is classic upper level management politics.

30 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Darren Waller out
Team never quit

I agree with Seph.  A mediocre roster that will barely make the playoffs in 2024.  2025 will be the breakout year.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Imagine his cussing out Jones after Jerry tells him to do something lol 

“I will rip your still beating heart out of your already decaying chest you decrepit old fuck!”

30 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

“I will rip your still beating heart out of your already decaying chest you decrepit old fuck!”

"By golly Wink all I said is we replace some of your darker looking staff with some more upstanding types of coaches" 

Jones probably. 

17 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Darren Waller out
Team never quit

That's why I'm still cool with Daboll. We've seen other coaches have similarly bad breaks, and the team implodes. CoughMcAdooCough.

But the one problem with that logic.... Daniel Jones was out most of the season, but the offense improved after he was injured.

56 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

That's why I'm still cool with Daboll. We've seen other coaches have similarly bad breaks, and the team implodes. CoughMcAdooCough.

But the one problem with that logic.... Daniel Jones was out most of the season, but the offense improved after he was injured.

They improved when Andrew Thomas was healthy

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

So did the schedule