SportsWrath

Wink resigns...

gmenroc

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

If Pierce isnt hired as the HC in LA, then I have a very strong feeling he becomes the DC here in NY. And I for one would look forward to that.

He’s hired.  He just brought Kingsbury in as his oc

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

They improved when Andrew Thomas was healthy

42 minutes ago, Herc said:

So did the schedule

true on both counts.

but I also don't see Jones attempting tight window throws when the field gets compressed. That's the main thing that soured me on Jones as a QB. Secondarily, I'm not interested in a starting QB whose only plus trait is running with the ball. 

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

They improved when Andrew Thomas was healthy

That was the way I saw it too.  I remember at one point in like week 8 or something they hadn't had the same o-line configuration once all season.  From weeks 10-13 they at least had the same guys each week. 

49 minutes ago, Herc said:

So did the schedule

Also this. 

3 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

true on both counts.

but I also don't see Jones attempting tight window throws when the field gets compressed. That's the main thing that soured me on Jones as a QB. Secondarily, I'm not interested in a starting QB whose only plus trait is running with the ball. 

Bo Nix has apparently looked terrible in Senior Bowl practices this week, and the top 3 QBs in the draft look to be gone by 6.  I think we may be stuck with him. 

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

true on both counts.

That's one of my big issues with Jones, he was a better passer as a rookie then he is now five years later. 

He hasn't improved at all outside of fumbling the ball.  

We can make every excuse in the book for him because it's true, he's had multiple OCs, no decent Oline, no real safety or stability at WR. 

But the fact remains he himself hasn't shown any improvement or steps forward as a QB.

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Bo Nix has apparently looked terrible in Senior Bowl practices this week, and the top 3 QBs in the draft look to be gone by 6.  I think we may be stuck with him. 

I think it was always going to shake out this way.

His agent really fucked the Giants (I mean as most agents do to teams) with the fully guaranteed year two.

Jones plays well he deserves it, he gets hurt and doesn't play well like it's played out, lol he still gets his money yo. 

Someone get that agent a yellow jacket.

Jones is on the team next year, hopefully as a highly paid backup or cannon fodder so any rookie QB doesn't have to be killed day one. 

22 minutes ago, Herc said:

If we can upgrade him I’m all for it.  As much as I want to improve other positions I still have a pipe dream that we might trade up for Caleb.

Yeah the thing that really sucks is that the top three teams all need QBs.  We're shit out of luck. 

45 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah the thing that really sucks is that the top three teams all need QBs.  We're shit out of luck. 

Yeah our only hope is that Chicago thinks fields improved enough in the second half to run it back.  But if im them, I haven’t seen enough to justify passing on a guy who gets compared to Mahomes.  

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Yeah our only hope is that Chicago thinks fields improved enough in the second half to run it back.  But if im them, I haven’t seen enough to justify passing on a guy who gets compared to Mahomes.  

You would think if the Bears are planning to stick with Fields they will be shopping that top spot for a lot of draft capital, and if they are planning to replace Fields there will be a trade made for him.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think it was always going to shake out this way.

His agent really fucked the Giants (I mean as most agents do to teams) with the fully guaranteed year two.

Jones plays well he deserves it, he gets hurt and doesn't play well like it's played out, lol he still gets his money yo. 

Someone get that agent a yellow jacket.

Jones is on the team next year, hopefully as a highly paid backup or cannon fodder so any rookie QB doesn't have to be killed day one. 

This... the sacrifice of DJ has begun for me.  He is not the future... buh bye after next year for me.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

So Kingsbury with the old bait and switch. 

Didn't go to Oakland instead he lands in Washington.

He's a good OC, would hate to see what the Commanders do with a young QB and a good OC.

Probably fuck him up and be looking at a top QB pick in 2-3 seasons