SportsWrath

Wink resigns...

gmenroc

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Ok, you decide what I’m thinking, clearly I’m not the one who knows what’s going in my brain. Besides the fact that we have never fired a coordinator this way before.  Wink must be the first coordinator in the nfl who isn’t some dude in an office.  

but by all means, You tell Me what My opinion is. 

and yes, we know that. 

https://x.com/jordanraanan/status/1745164495352119511?s=46&t=B-wvlAsauGwtGs1QZIT5Bg

confirmed by Stapleton as well  

LOL, dude, you shared your opinion right here, in considerable detail. You just didn't like how I framed it. But I definitely wasn't wrong. Nobody with any competitive nature at all would agree with you on this. 

6 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

LOL, dude, you shared your opinion right here, in considerable detail. You just didn't like how I framed it. But I definitely wasn't wrong. Nobody with any competitive nature at all would agree with you on this. 

you’re acting as if what they did was standard operating procedure in the nfl, it’s not.   Most guys that are let go are simply fired, not weirdly pushed out.   

so you are wrong, what I want is the coordinators to be treated the way we always did things, and how the rest of the nfl has always done things. 

if this is the common way it’s done, and what I want is some weird business office shit, then where are all the other coaches we fired this way?

I’ll wait. 

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

This is how Wink left Baltimore too. 

Just one example of many. Coaches resign all the time, it isn't unusual.

Yeah I don't understand what the point of resigning vs firing debate is in this thread.

Wink went AWOL after having a pissy fit. 

The Giants didn't have a knee jerk reaction and instead waited to talk to him, since they had all the power in the situation with zero reason just to fire him. 

Wink and the Giants eventually come to an agreement to part ways with his resignation, and the Giants keep the money he was owed. 

I really don't see why this got 4 pages worth of reaction lol 

32 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

your point being?.....

my point being, that it clearly shows that my thinking is not that coordinators need to be treated like guys working in an office, since the large majority of them are let go in the way I prefer.  

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I don't understand what the point of resigning vs firing debate is in this thread.

Wink went AWOL after having a pissy fit. 

The Giants didn't have a knee jerk reaction and instead waited to talk to him, since they had all the power in the situation with zero reason just to fire him. 

Wink and the Giants eventually come to an agreement to part ways with his resignation, and the Giants keep the money he was owed. 

I really don't see why this got 4 pages worth of reaction lol 

try to follow,  I simply said I’d prefer they fire a guy, I was told that means I think they should be treated like regular guys in an office, the fact that the majority of these guys get fired instead of handled the way wink was, proves that to be incorrect. 

I wouldn’t have still been talking about it if crazed didn’t tell me what I want was them to be treated like regular office jobs. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

try to follow,  I simply said I’d prefer they fire a guy, I was told that means I think they should be treated like regular guys in an office, the fact that the majority of these guys get fired instead of handled the way wink was, proves that to be incorrect. 

I wouldn’t have still been talking about it if crazed didn’t tell me what I want was them to be treated like regular office jobs. 

you are clearly applying the moral standard of an at will workplace to men that work in a highly competitive enviroment; the kinds of guys that have agents, contracts, and enough assets that collecting unemployment isn't worth the hassle. 

Its an absurd, misplaced standard. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

you are clearly applying the moral standard of an at will workplace to men that work in a highly competitive enviroment; the kinds of guys that have agents, contracts, and enough assets that collecting unemployment isn't worth the hassle. 

Its an absurd, misplaced standard. 

no I’m not.  I’m applying the standard that is the regular way the nfl operates.  The majority of coaches let go are fired, not resigned.  What happened with Wink is the outlier. That’s a fact.     

I'm not sure why you think it aids your point that Wink's resignation is somewhat unusual.

.... especially because its only so unusual that its the second time in three years that Wink has been through this. 

And a general point, I wouldn't advise basing one's opinion of what is right or acceptable on whether or not it is of the 'majority'. 

27 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'm not sure why you think it aids your point that Wink's resignation is somewhat unusual.

.... especially because its only so unusual that its the second time in three years that Wink has been through this. 

And a general point, I wouldn't advise basing one's opinion of what is right or acceptable on whether or not it is of the 'majority'. 

but you didn’t say wrong or right, you said I wanted coaches treated like office workers,  the fact that most coaches are treated the way I prefer, is evidence that I don’t want them treated like office workers. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

but you didn’t say wrong or right, you said I wanted coaches treated like office workers,  the fact that most coaches are treated the way I prefer, is evidence that I don’t want them treated like office workers. 

Are most coordinators outright fired? 

Most seem to leave whenever the HC gets the boot. 

Or leave for another position IMO.

27 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Obviously many many more are fired than dealt with the wink way. 

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

After doing a whole five minutes of research.... now I'm not sure its even true that most coaches are fired. I would have guessed that was true as well, but just based on a quick look at the activity this offseason, we've had a few head coach firings, a couple head coach resignations, and the vast majority of the assistants on those staffs regardless of the head coach's disposition have not been fired, they've either been released via settlement (i.e., the Wink treatment), or are still, for the moment under contact, likely with a settlement forthcoming. So 'most'? - maybe 60/40 at most, yeah. But maybe the opposite, maybe wildly in the opposite direction.  

And I'm pretty sure I have said, I think the way Wink was handled was perfectly fine. I'm not going to call it 'right', we're talking about two grown ass assholes here, it's disappointing they couldn't get along, but --- it was fine. The thing that mystifies me is why anyone would try to conjure up some sort of moral issue around it. 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Obviously many many more are fired than dealt with the wink way. 

But I still don't see why you think that's a problem. 

But it is what it is.  

Clearly we all agree Wink should be gone after the situation, just not on agreement with how it was handled. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

LOL, didn't Bienemy resign from the Chiefs just last year too? 

I'm up to six minutes of research.... lol, men and dudes, resignations are perfectly normal. 

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

But I still don't see why you think that's a problem. 

But it is what it is.  

Clearly we all agree Wink should be gone after the situation, just not on agreement with how it was handled. 

all I’ve been saying is, me preferring it that way does not mean I want him treated like a regular office worker. 

6 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

LOL, didn't Bienemy resign from the Chiefs just last year too? 

I'm up to six minutes of research.... lol, men and dudes, resignations are perfectly normal. 

ok then I’ll agree that both resignations and firings are normal. 

that still shows I don’t want them treated as regular office workers. 

Wink's departure in Baltimore was due to the fact that Harbaugh was fed up after years that Wink called the same plays on defense with rookies and late season roster additions than when he had his starters and the Ravens got burned with it. Not the same reason he's leaving here. This is due to the assistants leaking to the press with the idea being he's trying to absolve himself of this mess this year. Daboll called his bluff and Wink is mad now.

3 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Let's face it... Wink bails.  His is a high risk high reward defense.  So when the good teams figure it out... they will eat you alive.  When they don't you can run the table.  That is getting rarer and rarer these days.

Right T, it was the risk that came with him.

Dallas ate him up twice.

I honestly dont even get what the argument is about - even in an office job, in most cases, if an employee needs to be let go, they give him/her the option to resign instead of getting fired and having it on their resume/record. Whatever - Wink was not gonna continue here. And he resigned. BTW - McKinney also said he was thinking of not re-signing with the Giants if Wink was gonna be the DC next year. Looks like Giants are keeping a lot of Wink's BS under wraps