SportsWrath

With the fourth pick in the 2024 draft the NY Football Giants select.

BlueInCanada

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The Giants need that Acorsi attitude and go after their Eli... trade up and get your man if you have to.  Barring that a true blue chip no miss OL guy.  Not from so called powerhouses that play half their games against scrubs... but real NFL level guys who know how to play.

EA built the foundation for a team that won two SBs and got JR a contract. 

Crazy to see how far we've fallen. 

I think a smart play is to do the Kansas City/Green Bay move and draft your next QB if you think he's there when you pick.  Let him sit behind Jones for most if not all of his first season while he gets used to the speed of the NFL game. 

If Jones balls out, you trade him for a high draft pick.  He's still under contract at a very reasonable rate for two more years.  If he sucks, you cut him and (hopefully) have your franchise QB ready to step in with a year of seasoning under his belt. 

5 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The Giants need that Acorsi attitude and go after their Eli... trade up and get your man if you have to.  Barring that a true blue chip no miss OL guy.  Not from so called powerhouses that play half their games against scrubs... but real NFL level guys who know how to play.

Not this year. 2025, when Arch Manning is available. I know I keep preaching it, but it will happen. In the meantime, fix that fucking Oline. I mean, how much more obvious can it be? Just get a couple of guys from Iowa. Doesn't matter what school, or are they top 10 or 1st round talent...just go and pluck them out of some cornfield because Iowa breeds Olinemen. Period. 

2 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Not this year. 2025, when Arch Manning is available. I know I keep preaching it, but it will happen. In the meantime, fix that fucking Oline. I mean, how much more obvious can it be? Just get a couple of guys from Iowa. Doesn't matter what school, or are they top 10 or 1st round talent...just go and pluck them out of some cornfield because Iowa breeds Olinemen. Period. 

And make sure when you do your draft homework, you make sure they have sisters. Why? Because they've been programmed to protect them from the local perverts since birth and have that "protect at all costs" attitude. We're missing dudes who give a fuck about protection. 

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

EA built the foundation for a team that won two SBs and got JR a contract. 

Crazy to see how far we've fallen. 

For sure man.  Hopefully when we rebuild this time we can stay competitive.  These ups and downs suck.

6 hours ago, BronxRik said:

You need those corn eating bo hunks mang.  Either Iowa or Nebraska.  Don't give a shit where.  Go in a cornfield and find some husky mofo's that look more Sasquatch than man.  I agree 100%.  Fuck Alabama and other top programs where linemen go up against 250 lb high school players and when they get to the NFL they are lost and made into human turnstiles.

6 hours ago, BronxRik said:

And make sure when you do your draft homework, you make sure they have sisters. Why? Because they've been programmed to protect them from the local perverts since birth and have that "protect at all costs" attitude. We're missing dudes who give a fuck about protection. 

I agree... an intensity and willfulness to protect the QB at all costs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 12:08 PM, RandolphScott said:

If we are drafting top 3 I want a QB

start over. 

I think a valid argument was made here that drafting a QB can only take place after you have a solid offensive line.    Given DJ’s contract, it only makes sense to roll with him and I think he can play very if afforded the protection other QBs are afforded.

On 10/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, Sephiroth said:

I think a smart play is to do the Kansas City/Green Bay move and draft your next QB if you think he's there when you pick.  Let him sit behind Jones for most if not all of his first season while he gets used to the speed of the NFL game. 

If Jones balls out, you trade him for a high draft pick.  He's still under contract at a very reasonable rate for two more years.  If he sucks, you cut him and (hopefully) have your franchise QB ready to step in with a year of seasoning under his belt. 

The #1 problem isn’t the QB right now.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, BronxRik said:

You can't put Arch into that situation...    NYC will eat him up, can't have him in Indy either.   Kid will already be carrying extra weight on his shoulders of the family name and popularity.   Best case for him is to land somewhere out West

2 hours ago, Nas said:

I think a valid argument was made here that drafting a QB can only take place after you have a solid offensive line.    Given DJ’s contract, it only makes sense to roll with him and I think he can play very if afforded the protection other QBs are afforded.

yeah, that's not a valid argument. If you wait on the QB until you have the OL, you're never going to have the QB.  

We didn't wait for the OL to draft Eli. We drafted Eli, then later we drafted Snee, and signed McKenzie and O'Hara. All moves downstream of the QB. 

The QB is more responsible for sacks given up than the OL anyway. The OL gives up pressures, but the QB takes the sacks. 

3 hours ago, Nas said:

The #1 problem isn’t the QB right now.

I agree, but it's the #1 thing you have to get right to win a championship.  Off the top of my head, the last time a team won a championship without a great QB was back in 2000 when Trent Dilfer got a ring. 

If you have a top-5 pick and you think "the guy" is there, you have to take him. 

35 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I agree, but it's the #1 thing you have to get right to win a championship.  Off the top of my head, the last time a team won a championship without a great QB was back in 2000 when Trent Dilfer got a ring. 

If you have a top-5 pick and you think "the guy" is there, you have to take him. 

Foles wasn't that great but he played well during that run.

But yeah you need a a good QB to even sniff the SB.

Remember when Eli was drafted, a lot of the vets were pissed because they knew it meant a few more years before being ready for a Super Bowl run. 

If you have a good o-line, then draft a qb, that oline is going to be different by the time the qb is ready to push for a Super Bowl. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

For sure...... the fix was in and the refs made sure no play Dilfer got his ring for the Ravens and geriatric Art Modell.

35 minutes ago, Herc said:

If the right qb is there you gotta take him.  In the meantime this o-line has to be worked on indefinitely 

Agree... if you think a change maker is available take them.  The worst thing is to remain static.  The game changes yearly... load up on what is available.  The Giants mantra used to be best available athlete.