SportsWrath

With the fourth pick in the 2024 draft the NY Football Giants select.

BlueInCanada

56 minutes ago, RandolphScott said:

Also not hard to watch the difference between Jones and Taylor.

Taylor takes shots down field, he did it multiple times last week. That stuff helps an offense keep the defense honest, keeping more players in coverage. 

Teams don’t respect Jones ability because he holds onto the ball too long and when he gets rid of it, he’s locked into one target 

This...

Yep... and he is not a savior... he is a serviceable QB with flaws.  He may need a change of scenery IMHO.  He will never lead the Giants to the promised land, also IMHO.  He will have to prove me and others wrong.  I don't think he has it.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I still think we may end up with this kid and a second round QB. 

Thomas start at LT.

Olu to RT.

Neal gets moved to guard.

If we can't get into the top-3 it probably will happen.

Not sure if its fair to compare Taylor and Jones's play this season. The OL was abyssmal the first half, then they got better and were decent in some Taylor and Devito games.

Secondly, DJ is getting paid 40 mill and was getting walloped and had everything to lose - the moment he chucks it downfield and has a couple INT all of us would be like HE IS BACK TO THE TURNOVERS!! Looks like he was shell shocked and had absolutely zero trust in his line and his WRs that he did what he felt was the safest thing to do and played within his shell

Taylor on the other hand is the back-up anyway and has nothing to lose and looking at where DJ struggled, Taylor is free to play as he likes i.e. take more shots downfield. He literally has a free hand to do what he likes without the consequences. Same with DeVito - no one was gonna say anything if he had 16 INTs in a Qtr also. This is where DJ is under far more pressure than these 2. Anyway, what does the OL class look like this year? Assuming we cant get MHJ

10 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Not sure if its fair to compare Taylor and Jones's play this season. The OL was abyssmal the first half, then they got better and were decent in some Taylor and Devito games.

Secondly, DJ is getting paid 40 mill and was getting walloped and had everything to lose - the moment he chucks it downfield and has a couple INT all of us would be like HE IS BACK TO THE TURNOVERS!! Looks like he was shell shocked and had absolutely zero trust in his line and his WRs that he did what he felt was the safest thing to do and played within his shell

Taylor on the other hand is the back-up anyway and has nothing to lose and looking at where DJ struggled, Taylor is free to play as he likes i.e. take more shots downfield. He literally has a free hand to do what he likes without the consequences. Same with DeVito - no one was gonna say anything if he had 16 INTs in a Qtr also. This is where DJ is under far more pressure than these 2. Anyway, what does the OL class look like this year? Assuming we cant get MHJ

He also faced way tougher opponents 

17 hours ago, Herc said:

He also faced way tougher opponents 

True....and all of them in Primetime right off the bat - those teams just teed off against this shit Giants team that was put on the field at the start of the season