SportsWrath

With the fourth pick in the 2024 draft the NY Football Giants select.

BlueInCanada

37 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Olu! 

KIck him or Thomas to the right side.

Move Neal to guard. 

Do it Schoen you pussy! 

Sign two free agent lineman, ideally a G and RT, then draft the guy. Neal can compete for one of the spots too, otherwise he's a backup/Swing tackle.

Getting the two free agent lineman should be the priority over drafting OL. We have enough OL draft picks on the roster.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Sign two free agent lineman, ideally a G and RT, then draft the guy. Neal can compete for one of the spots too, otherwise he's a backup/Swing tackle.

Getting the two free agent lineman should be the priority over drafting OL. We have enough OL draft picks on the roster.

Two o-linemen in free agency minimum, and minimum two more guys in the first four picks. This is absolute bullshit.

2 minutes ago, Nas said:

Depends on whether Jones can still walk before the season is over.

No...it doesn't.  You really want a QB without a line?  Have you watched this season?

I know you cant draft 12 linemen, but until that is upgraded to a minimum of servicable and the high priced pieces of shiz are gone...there is no point getting much else

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Two o-linemen in free agency minimum, and minimum two more guys in the first four picks. This is absolute bullshit.

Oh yes, I just mean two FA lineman need to be guys that are actually capable of starting in this league, not the Bredeson or Glowinski's of the world. Guys we can insert at LG and RG or RT.

As far as the rest of FA, additional lineman are needed for quality depth, and definitely supplemented in the draft as well; At least one lineman in the top 3 rounds, and frankly I wouldn't mind if we drafted two in the top 3 rounds, including with our inevitable top 10 pick.

Basically plan as if we need to fill 3 starting OL positions and 3 backup OL positions on top of that, and force Neal to have to compete for a starting spot (or make him a backup).

By the way, outside Carolina, I think we're the worst team in the league. The point differential for the giants is the worst in the league. If you remove the 3rd and 4th quarter vs the Cardinals, it becomes pathetic, and they haven't scored an offensive TD in the last 10 quarters.

At least Carolina has the excuse of trying to groom a rookie QB (who looks bad so far, and looks like he needs time to develop). At least they're in a rebuild.

We just signed a QB to $160M, but in terms of allocating the rest decided to bring in Waller at $52M, plus insisted on keeping a $32M Williams and $11M Barkley on the roster, instead of investing in an offensive line.

A lot of people want to blame OL injuries, but Bredeson, Glowinski, and Neal have been playing like shit, and they were relied on to be our day 1 starters.

By the way, outside Carolina, I think we're the worst team in the league. The point differential for the giants is the worst in the league. If you remove the 3rd and 4th quarter vs the Cardinals, it becomes pathetic, and they haven't scored an offensive TD in the last 10 quarters.

At least Carolina has the excuse of trying to groom a rookie QB (who looks bad so far, and looks like he needs time to develop). At least they're in a rebuild.

We just signed a QB to $160M, but in terms of allocating the rest decided to bring in Waller at $52M, plus insisted on keeping a $32M Williams and $11M Barkley on the roster, instead of investing in an offensive line.

A lot of people want to blame OL injuries, but Bredeson, Glowinski, and Neal have been playing like shit, and they were relied on to be our day 1 starters.

In retrospect, yeah those numbers $ look bad... really really bad.   

3 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think Carolina beats us if we were to play.

Actually, I think you're right. I now recall, Caroline with a journeyman Andy Dalton put up 27 pts versus the Seahawks, while we couldn't manage 3.

Their offense at least has 4 TD's the last two games, which is 4 more than ours, lol.

7 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Actually, I think you're right. I now recall, Caroline with a journeyman Andy Dalton put up 27 pts versus the Seahawks, while we couldn't manage 3.

Their offense at least has 4 TD's the last two games, which is 4 more than ours, lol.

It's really sad...even when we are not good, you can find a win here or there looking at the schedule.  Or at least a handful of winnable games even if you don't win them.  Games where there is a legitimate chance to play well and win.

This year, there is a single game...the Raiders...where it could happen.  I see no shot in any other.

30 minutes ago, RandolphScott said:

If we are drafting top 3 I want a QB

start over. 

I hate to agree with you...   but if we are drafting top 3 and Caleb Williams is sitting there the Giants have to take him.    Not to say I am an expert at all about college players, but even last year they were talking about how strong this QB class is going to be, but Williams is supposed to be really special.   Can't pass that sort of thing up, but if he is not there for the Giants and a can't miss OT is there I would not be upset taking him.    I would hate to see the Giants replace Jones with another Average talent QB

43 minutes ago, RandolphScott said:

start over. 

That's fine, but again, two FA OL starters are needed in support, plus at least one OL draft pick in rounds 2-3 (and/or trade or trade up)....plus three backups, especially considering Bredeson and Peart are free agents, and I'm assuming we cut Glowinski to save $6M and invest in someone else.

The OL needs an overhaul either way.

14 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I hate to agree with you...   but if we are drafting top 3 and Caleb Williams is sitting there the Giants have to take him.    Not to say I am an expert at all about college players, but even last year they were talking about how strong this QB class is going to be, but Williams is supposed to be really special.   Can't pass that sort of thing up, but if he is not there for the Giants and a can't miss OT is there I would not be upset taking him.    I would hate to see the Giants replace Jones with another Average talent QB

You also can’t keep drafting OL after OL either 

10 minutes ago, RandolphScott said:

You also can’t keep drafting OL after OL either 

I have to believe it's not just the coaching too. It's the scouting.

Look at 2022. Tyler Smith over on Dallas is an absolute stud on the OL. Charles Cross when healthy has at least been okay (avg starter), and looks like he's developing at least. Also,  Tyler Lindenbaum, Zion Johnson etc. We somehow fucking whiffed that badly on Neal.

Let's also not act like RT for Neal is an experiment. He played there for a full season at Alabama in 2020, and you had some draft analysts saying he might be better at RT and RG because he doesn't move as well as might be needed for LT at this level.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Look at 2022. Tyler Smith over on Dallas is an absolute stud on the OL. Charles Cross when healthy has at least been okay (avg starter), and looks like he's developing at least. Also,  Tyler Lindenbaum, Zion Johnson etc. We somehow fucking whiffed that badly on Neal.

Let's also not act like RT for Neal is an experiment. He played there for a full season at Alabama in 2020, and you had some draft analysts saying he might be better at RT and RG because he doesn't move as well as might be needed for LT at this level.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Evan-Neal-OL-Alabama

It's not just the Giants who missed on scouting Neal...      Can't forget he is still only 23, the book is not all written on him yet, but it feels like we are getting to the part of the story with he needs to get shit figured out.

Just now, GorillaNJ said:

It's not just the Giants who missed on scouting Neal...      Can't forget he is still only 23, the book is not all written on him yet, but it feels like we are getting to the part of the story with he needs to get shit figured out.

I've seen what I've needed to see at RT to wrap up that chapter at least.

7 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I'm not saying he can't be salvaged or cant develop, but we can't rely on him to be a starter next season at this rate. We'd have to plan on others being starters at RT and G. If he outcompetes them, then great.

Also, can I just remind everyone that McKinney sucks and shouldn't be on the roster next year either? He's supposed to be over the top on Tyreke Hill here, but instead comes up too many steps, and gets caught looking into the backfield.

This is less on Hawkins than it is on McKinney (Hawkins can't be expected to run full on with Hill).

3 hours ago, RandolphScott said:

start over. 

2 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

The Giants need that Acorsi attitude and go after their Eli... trade up and get your man if you have to.  Barring that a true blue chip no miss OL guy.  Not from so called powerhouses that play half their games against scrubs... but real NFL level guys who know how to play.

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Jesus did I love Lindenbaum... he was a hog molly for me.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The Giants need that Acorsi attitude and go after their Eli... trade up and get your man if you have to.  Barring that a true blue chip no miss OL guy.  Not from so called powerhouses that play half their games against scrubs... but real NFL level guys who know how to play.

Also Ernie Arcosi: Kareem McKenzie, Shaun O'Hara, plus nailed it on Chris Snee and Deihl.

Even Petitgout was decent for awhile.

Also Ernie Arcosi: Kareem McKenzie, Shaun O'Hara, plus nailed it on Chris Snee and Deihl.

Even Petitgout was decent for awhile.

For sure man.  The Human False Start (Pettigout) is way better than these turnstiles... :laugh: