SportsWrath

I'm Happy With Jones as our QB are you ?

UK-Giantsfan

On 12/25/2022 at 3:04 AM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I agree with Seph on this

Among many others

I was okay with Danny Kanell and Kerry Collins

I dissed Eli until I saw him as the ONE

Simms was okay for me, and I always Loved Hostetler

If Tarkenton had stayed he would have been the one, I believe

YA Tittle was DA MAN

Maybe Jones can make it

Give him some WR's and a Line

Just have him manage the game and we win two thirds to three quarters of our games

You forgot the couple good years Norm Snead had in early 70s D.....LOL

C. Wagon

2 hours ago, Nas said:

Who are basically the only guys I think are clearly better than DJ at this point.    

Operative word there being “clearly” 

it gets pretty muddy in the second tier and beyond.

I will say, among the younger, not yet clearly ‘elite’ QBs, I’d take Jones over most of them. Lawrence and Herbert are special, so they’re obviously excluded. Murray, nah. Hard pass back when he was drafted, harder pass today. Tua somewhat less hard of a pass, but definitely wouldn’t take him over Jones. 

2 hours ago, Herc said:

Fair for us, but his agents would be crazy to let the 4th best qb in football sign for less than 40 mil/year

Who's going to pay him that???

Not the Texans, Colts, Pats, Seahawks, Skins, Falcons, etc.

He's not without his own risks and uncertainty. He's doesn't warrant Josh Allen, Mahomes, or Rodgers like money.

In terms of FA QBs available, Geno Smith and Lamar Jackson are above him on the totem pole, and he's about even with Jimmy G and Taylor Heinecke. There may also be a trade market for Aaron Rodgers.

Jones is up against four-five other NFL QBs and three top 10 caliber QBs in the NFL draft, plus another 1st rounder. The market for Jones is not that robust.

Noone is paying him $40M per year.

3 hours ago, Herc said:

Fair for us, but his agents would be crazy to let the 4th best qb in football sign for less than 40 mil/year

Haha.   The trajectory is there.   I just want those shitting on DJ to spell out their game plan… 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Who's going to pay him that???

Not the Texans, Colts, Pats, Seahawks, Skins, Falcons, etc.

He's not without his own risks and uncertainty. He's doesn't warrant Josh Allen, Mahomes, or Rodgers like money.

In terms of FA QBs available, Geno Smith and Lamar Jackson are above him on the totem pole, and he's about even with Jimmy G and Taylor Heinecke. There may also be a trade market for Aaron Rodgers.

Jones is up against four-five other NFL QBs and three top 10 caliber QBs in the NFL draft, plus another 1st rounder. The market for Jones is not that robust.

Noone is paying him $40M per year.

No one said anything about $40 Mil per year (Herc wasn’t serious).  As you stated, $110M 4 year contract is about right give or take a few Ms.

20 minutes ago, RandolphScott said:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Lamar Jackson

Herbert

TLaw

From a purely football stance, DeShawn Watson 

I’d take them all over Jones tomorrow. 

I've been wondering myself, do we just blow our load on Lamar Jackson, draft WR's in the 1st and mid rounds, and just trust Daboll's/Kafka's scheme with the rest?

There are no great WR in free agency. Maybe Jakobi Meyers, but he's more like a number 2 at best.

If the Giants restructure Leonard Williams and Adoree Jackson, plus cut Golladay, that can add double digit cap savings in the range of $10-25M, to add onto an already projected $55-60M or so cap space, so we could afford him, (plus can afford to add a good interior lineman and MLB).

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I've been wondering myself, do we just blow our load on Lamar Jackson, draft WR's in the 1st and mid rounds, and just trust Daboll's/Kafka's scheme with the rest?

There are no great WR in free agency. Maybe Jakobi Meyers, but he's more like a number 2 at best.

If the Giants restructure Leonard Williams and Adoree Jackson, plus cut Golladay, that can add double digit cap savings in the range of $10-25M, to add onto an already projected $55-60M or so cap space, so we could afford him, (plus can afford to add a good interior lineman and MLB).

The Giants can probably make a run at D Hopkins (and an interior lineman) and also draft a #1 WR in the 1st round.   

I would take pretty much everyone in my tier 1 Rodgers, Stafford (team isn't close enough for it to make sense for a couple years), and maybe Tua.  I think I would still take Murray over DJ.  The rest I think are pretty obvious.  Maybe guys like Hurts and Dak have been blessed with high powered offenses loaded with talent that DJ could replicate their success, but that would be an assumption, those guys have performed at a high level.  I'd give strong consideration to the tier 2 guys.  Nobody I would choose over DJ in tier 3.  

And I like DJ, he's done what has been asked of him this year, is starting to show his arm talent, and has been dealt a shit hand to start his career.  Just the body of work has not shown enough to say this is a guy that isn't replaceable at this point, and if given the option between DJ and about half the QB's in the league, it is a pretty clear answer.  Maybe that reduces to about the top 10-12 qbs in the league when you factor his work ethic and character.  

Would like to see him blow up the Colts in a huge win and in game against a weaker team.  

11 hours ago, Nas said:

Who are basically the only guys I think are clearly better than DJ at this point.    

I agree. Cousins?? Carr?? Prescott?? COME THE FUCK ON! I wouldnt touch any of those guy over DJ. Look at Zach Wilson - dude's done nothing but suck balls and is already running his mouth. Mac Jones - jack shit - again yapping away and doing shit stuff. DJ's character, behavior and his ability to be a great team mate is what stands him apart from a lot of the other QBs. This guy just comes in, works his ass off, keeps trying to improve while everything around him falls apart. Toney gone, Shepard gone, Wandale gone-back-gone, Bellinger is a pirate, Ritchie James would be a practice squad player FOR a practice squad - this is who he has and has us at 8-5-1.