SportsWrath

I'm Happy With Jones as our QB are you ?

UK-Giantsfan

3 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I agree. Cousins?? Carr?? Prescott?? COME THE FUCK ON! I wouldnt touch any of those guy over DJ. Look at Zach Wilson - dude's done nothing but suck balls and is already running his mouth. Mac Jones - jack shit - again yapping away and doing shit stuff. DJ's character, behavior and his ability to be a great team mate is what stands him apart from a lot of the other QBs. This guy just comes in, works his ass off, keeps trying to improve while everything around him falls apart. Toney gone, Shepard gone, Wandale gone-back-gone, Bellinger is a pirate, Ritchie James would be a practice squad player FOR a practice squad - this is who he has and has us at 8-5-1.

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I would take pretty much everyone in my tier 1 Rodgers, Stafford (team isn't close enough for it to make sense for a couple years), and maybe Tua.  I think I would still take Murray over DJ.  The rest I think are pretty obvious.  Maybe guys like Hurts and Dak have been blessed with high powered offenses loaded with talent that DJ could replicate their success, but that would be an assumption, those guys have performed at a high level.  I'd give strong consideration to the tier 2 guys.  Nobody I would choose over DJ in tier 3.  

And I like DJ, he's done what has been asked of him this year, is starting to show his arm talent, and has been dealt a shit hand to start his career.  Just the body of work has not shown enough to say this is a guy that isn't replaceable at this point, and if given the option between DJ and about half the QB's in the league, it is a pretty clear answer.  Maybe that reduces to about the top 10-12 qbs in the league when you factor his work ethic and character.  

Would like to see him blow up the Colts in a huge win and in game against a weaker team.  

I’d ask to go back at the names you listed and consider the supporting cast each of them has not just WR but also OL and coaching… Rodgers is washed up and couldn’t do shit in a lot of games… Stafford has Kup and Tua got Hill… 

A better way to determine who’s better is to imagine them switching places.   I’d take DJ over any of them.

14 hours ago, Nas said:

I’d ask to go back at the names you listed and consider the supporting cast each of them has not just WR but also OL and coaching… Rodgers is washed up and couldn’t do shit in a lot of games… Stafford has Kup and Tua got Hill… 

A better way to determine who’s better is to imagine them switching places.   I’d take DJ over any of them.

Definitely most of the tier 1 QBs, at least the ones winning games, have top tier talent around them.  No question.  One reason I wouldn't want want a guy like Rodgers or Stafford, who I think both could win a SB, is because it would be way too much QB investment on a shit team.  

But I'm also not willing to say dropping Jones onm the Eagles squad has them at 13-2, or putting him on the Bengals has him putting up Joe Burrow numbers.  I like the guy, I like his potential, I like who he is as a teammate, but realistically I don't know if he that guy, but he probably has a couple years to become that guy with a better team around him.  

12 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Definitely most of the tier 1 QBs, at least the ones winning games, have top tier talent around them.  No question.  One reason I wouldn't want want a guy like Rodgers or Stafford, who I think both could win a SB, is because it would be way too much QB investment on a shit team.  

But I'm also not willing to say dropping Jones onm the Eagles squad has them at 13-2, or putting him on the Bengals has him putting up Joe Burrow numbers.  I like the guy, I like his potential, I like who he is as a teammate, but realistically I don't know if he that guy, but he probably has a couple years to become that guy with a better team around him.  

I get what you’re saying.  And we can only speculate as to what would happen.   Humans develop and with experience and exposure, we should get better.   I happened to see a kid who’s been dealt the short end of the stick most of his career… we seem to have very good coaching and FO… we have a few players who are beginning to thrive (including Jones)… I pointed out the fact that statistically Jones has better numbers at this point in his career than Eli did… Then I look around the league and see players like Geno Smith show maturity…. 

Im for stability and giving players room to grow.   DJ seems to have IT… 

Let’s hope for a win against the Colts then all bets are off.

1 hour ago, Virginia Giant said:

It's close.  I think Carr is a slightly better QB, but given cost, age, and DJ's running ability I'd keep him too. 

My issue with carr is that he can’t throw downfield and he knows it, so he never does.  

Carr is facing the Wentz issue. Every since he broke his leg, he hasnt been the same. Both Wentz and Carr - the season - until their injury - were tearing it up. Ever since then, their confidence seems shook.

But in anycase - as I said - id pass on Carr - but I realised for the 1st time, the Raiders have actually done a very smart thing in the way they have structured Carr's contract - they can cut him with minimal cap hit even though he has 130 mn 3 year contract.

Ive been in the Carr is a franchise QB this entire time side of things.

He's 10x better than Jones even after Injury.

Carr has only posted a sub 85 QBR once in his career and that's going through the Gruden years and into into the wonder boy McDaniels who has still to revolutionize the NFL with his amazing offensive skills.

Dude is going to be the next Stafford, he'll go to some team and take them on a SB run. 

McDaniels will draft his golden QB and end up in the unemployment line in a few years when he realizes you cant be a HC with your head stuck in the call sheet 99% of the time.

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Ive been in the Carr is a franchise QB this entire time side of things.

He's 10x better than Jones even after Injury.

Carr has only posted a sub 85 QBR once in his career and that's going through the Gruden years and into into the wonder boy McDaniels who has still to revolutionize the NFL with his amazing offensive skills.

Dude is going to be the next Stafford, he'll go to some team and take them on a SB run. 

McDaniels will draft his golden QB and end up in the unemployment line in a few years when he realizes you cant be a HC with your head stuck in the call sheet 99% of the time.

Who spiked your Maple syrup??? :laugh:

10 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Who spiked your Maple syrup??? :laugh:

Carr has never had a defence rank above 20 in any statistic in his career.

Give him a middle of the pack defense and there wouldn't even be a debate about Carr because the only thing the pundits look at is win/loss. 

48 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Apparently the team asked him to step away since he's guaranteed that 30 million after the SB and they don't want him to get hurt. 

What a weird situation. 

Yeah I’d be doesn’t get hurt they can cut him and save big money. What a shitty thing to do. 

4 hours ago, Herc said:

That’s really nice of them to protect their sensitive qb with a lie like that 

I don't see what a lie.

Carr's remaining contract is guaranteed if he gets hurt. 

At the end of the season he's healthy and they cut him they are off the hook for his contract.