SportsWrath

GameDay...kick some Bears ass!

gmenroc

12 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

But wonder why they didn't let DJ try to play through it?  Let him prove his toughness.  If it's a sprain he probably isn't hurting it more than it already was, let the adrenaline carry him through the day and see if his arm can win a game. 

I think he's proven his toughness and it usually results in him missing a handful of games lol 

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

I'll start the game thread next week and remain silent throughout...in case that had anything to do with the win

I’ve been staying silent until the game is over… now THAT has something to do with it… maybe.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

So who plays QB next week?

Chad Powers, Davis Webb or do we just run Wildcat all game?

I'd say Toney could play QB but he problem pulled another hammy just thinking about it.

Davis Webb :flex:

49 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

He’ll make it fun for sure.

impressive win today, it’s been a while since we’ve had a team with the wherewithal to carry on despite missing both QBs.

It’s fun watching a team that competes that’s for sure.

33 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Dexter Lawrence is playing at Pro Bowl Level this year, not just this game. He's earning a new contract easily.

Him and McKinney I would try to extended before season end.

Both of them are playing at the next level.

Glad Wink was finally able to use Sexy Sexy to his strengths instead of Graham who just used his as a run stuffer. 

Similarly using McKinney in that Ed Reed deep safety role but also bringing him on the mad man blitz.

It's crazy to think how this team looks compared to last year with simply a change in competent coaching.

Granted it's just week 4 but going forward it will be interesting to see if the team can keep playing at this level and developing talent.

I know we aren't playoff bound but if this team somehow can squeeze out .500 and develop guys like Dex, McKinney, Neal, Bellinger, Robinson, Thibs, etc into studs and the Oline, then next year after jettisoning more of Gettys filth off the team we can very well become a decent team. 

Do you guys remember that Jim Johnson defense from the Eagles way back? Always blitzing the fuck out of the Giants. The defense kind of reminds me of that. I love the different looks Wink gives. Sometimes the defense gets caught, but it's fun to watch. It's not boring.

It's going to be a long year if these injuries keep building up. I am not really confident in any backup QB if Jones can't go next week. They can't start Webb next week against the Pack. Please don't sign Glennon. 

27 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Do you guys remember that Jim Johnson defense from the Eagles way back? Always blitzing the fuck out of the Giants. The defense kind of reminds me of that. I love the different looks Wink gives. Sometimes the defense gets caught, but it's fun to watch. It's not boring.

It's going to be a long year if these injuries keep building up. I am not really confident in any backup QB if Jones can't go next week. They can't start Webb next week against the Pack. Please don't sign Glennon. 

Why can’t they start Webb?

Damn boys it’s been many many years since we have started off this well. I don’t know where all this goes, but I’m pumped at least part of the season has been fun to watch. Especially for those of us who rarely miss a game no matter what. 

Bring on Webb

So I saw the entire post game interviews of all the players and few of my takes - 

We do not win this game if our previous 3 coaches were coaching this game. When Daboll said bring the grease board out - thats when you know its his mind working already. And the players responded to that.

Almost every single player on the team only gave credit to the other part of the game plan and never took any for themselves saying 'We did well'. It was fantastic to see and see that the culture in the team is good.

They all respect the hell out of DJ - there is no need to throw for 300 yards when 40 carries and 300 rushing yards wins you the game. Im cool with that. Plus, its been years when Ive seen the Giants actually outcoach the other team. This was the first time in a long time that Ive seen the Giants continuously exploit the other teams weakness.

When crisis hit - this team would have folded the last few years. Instead - they all seemed calm as fuck and executed what was needed at the time. That is all on the coaching staff and their preparation. Having all those packages in hand, drawing up different designed plays and executing them in the best possible way. 

Jaylon Smith is ONE SMART player. Loved his locker room presser - the guy is actually an asset. On to London baby and bring on GB baby - lets let the running game do their thing.

BRING OBJ BACK!