SportsWrath

GameDay...kick some Bears ass!

gmenroc

2 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

So I saw the entire post game interviews of all the players and few of my takes - 

We do not win this game if our previous 3 coaches were coaching this game. When Daboll said bring the grease board out - thats when you know its his mind working already. And the players responded to that.

Almost every single player on the team only gave credit to the other part of the game plan and never took any for themselves saying 'We did well'. It was fantastic to see and see that the culture in the team is good.

They all respect the hell out of DJ - there is no need to throw for 300 yards when 40 carries and 300 rushing yards wins you the game. Im cool with that. Plus, its been years when Ive seen the Giants actually outcoach the other team. This was the first time in a long time that Ive seen the Giants continuously exploit the other teams weakness.

When crisis hit - this team would have folded the last few years. Instead - they all seemed calm as fuck and executed what was needed at the time. That is all on the coaching staff and their preparation. Having all those packages in hand, drawing up different designed plays and executing them in the best possible way. 

Jaylon Smith is ONE SMART player. Loved his locker room presser - the guy is actually an asset. On to London baby and bring on GB baby - lets let the running game do their thing.

BRING OBJ BACK!

If there is no Saquon, we are 0-4 and everyone would be questioning if Dabol was cut out to be a head coach.

Daboll and Schoen are a long way off from being deemed saviors. But you have to think about just how awful last year was, in every aspect. So to see a franchise showing a semblance of professionalism again is welcome and the gm and coach are the benefits of that. Let's hope it continues.

The sense I get is that 1, there is a plan and 2, all in the organization are a part of it.  Our coaches and owners know that the lip service of the past several years didn't hold much weight on the field.

And I think too that there was general acceptance that we sucked ass.  There was no more, "we are better than this" argument to make.  No more "win during the rebuild".  No more "it's a reload, not a rebuild".  It was "hey, EVERYONE...you suck.  Yeah, you.  For 5 years or more, this team has been trash.  You, yeah you, were instrumental in creating that mess."

People across the organization were forced to look at themselves and their contribution to the record.  And I really think the owners included themselves in that too.

And lastly, being open to change because the curtain was pulled on the illusion that things had been working all along.

Not saying the Giants are back by any means and am still cautiously optimistic, but being 3-1 and winning as an underdog feels really good and provides a level of hope that has been largely absent for far too long

38 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

The sense I get is that 1, there is a plan and 2, all in the organization are a part of it.  Our coaches and owners know that the lip service of the past several years didn't hold much weight on the field.

And I think too that there was general acceptance that we sucked ass.  There was no more, "we are better than this" argument to make.  No more "win during the rebuild".  No more "it's a reload, not a rebuild".  It was "hey, EVERYONE...you suck.  Yeah, you.  For 5 years or more, this team has been trash.  You, yeah you, were instrumental in creating that mess."

People across the organization were forced to look at themselves and their contribution to the record.  And I really think the owners included themselves in that too.

And lastly, being open to change because the curtain was pulled on the illusion that things had been working all along.

Not saying the Giants are back by any means and am still cautiously optimistic, but being 3-1 and winning as an underdog feels really good and provides a level of hope that has been largely absent for far too long

Also, I feel the pieces coming together plays a huge part... As always it's the little things. 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Also, I feel the pieces coming together plays a huge part... As always it's the little things. 

If, by "pieces", you mean finally adding to he offensive line, I totally agree.

My only concern is if we play ourselves out of the QB market come 2023 draft...but even if we do, I think I would be okay at this point with a top shelf defender at DE, CB, or LB.

I am not fully there yet, but I am starting to think we might be able to win with DJ...and at same time, not be forces to pay him top 10 money because you can still argue he's not a top 10 QB.  So you might be able to save $ at the QB spot and focus the cap elsewhere.  Again, not fully in that camp yet, but starting to at least consider it...especially again, if we play ourselves out of the Stroud, Young, Levis tier of QBs

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

If, by "pieces", you mean finally adding to he offensive line, I totally agree.

My only concern is if we play ourselves out of the QB market come 2023 draft...but even if we do, I think I would be okay at this point with a top shelf defender at DE, CB, or LB.

I am not fully there yet, but I am starting to think we might be able to win with DJ...and at same time, not be forces to pay him top 10 money because you can still argue he's not a top 10 QB.  So you might be able to save $ at the QB spot and focus the cap elsewhere.  Again, not fully in that camp yet, but starting to at least consider it...especially again, if we play ourselves out of the Stroud, Young, Levis tier of QBs

Just the time aspect... guys maturing and coming off injuries... I think what this team needed is a different attitude which I feel was brought by the new coaching staff.     Right now the sticking point is at WR... only if Golladay can get it together and play up to his pay grade... although he blocked very well against the bears.

I like DJ in the sense that he has heart... what I don't like is he's accumulating too many injuries which means he won't be in the NFL for long anyway.    If there's a QB we really like, then we can always make a trade but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.   For now I'm enjoying not sucking... 

11 hours ago, jranieli said:

I had to look this up. Daboll runs a Run Pass Option offense. No way Eli would have been able to run this style. Jones has had some success, but he's injury prone. I'll take the wins over the passing numbers.

Chicken or the egg. 

does Daboll run a run pass option offense and Jones happens to fit?  Or does Daboll run a run pass option offense because that’s what fits the personnel he has right now?   Maybe he doesn’t trust Jones to run a traditional offense effectively enough to win. 

1 hour ago, 기둥서방 said:

Chicken or the egg. 

does Daboll run a run pass option offense and Jones happens to fit?  Or does Daboll run a run pass option offense because that’s what fits the personnel he has right now?   Maybe he doesn’t trust Jones to run a traditional offense effectively enough to win. 

he ran a run pass option with Josh Allen too.... and before that in Alabama he had an option heavy offense with Jalen Hurts and even with Tua Tagovailoa.   Pretty sure part of the reason he wanted and got this job was Jones has the skills to play the option well. 

Yeah, all those qbs have mobility.  But JA can operate out of the pocket too.  We have improved our line, but not to the point where DJ is comfortable hanging out back there for long.

I think another interior stud this offseason should only open things up.  Add in a WR that can stay on the flippin' field and we may have something.

29 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

Webb is quick too?  Not how I remember him. 

yeah I don't think he's quick. Webb runs decently, he's had 40s in the 4.6s I believe. At the combine is was 4.7something. He's sort of like Jones in that he has some build up speed, but he isn't quick. 

Webb isn't quick a foot..but he has a pretty fast release on passes and like Tyrod and DJ he has very good ball skills which is critical in this sort of run option scheme.

I dont get alot of Giants games out here...but I get all the Bears games and I have to say I was very impressed with Jones' ability to fake and sell runs.

There were several plays in the Bears game where the Defense had zero idea which way the ball was going or who had it.

Even when they cleaned their shit up and began to stay home on the edges in the second they looked lost.

Has anything come out on Jones' injury status yet?

C. Wagon

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Webb isn't quick a foot..but he has a pretty fast release on passes and like Tyrod and DJ he has very good ball skills which is critical in this sort of run option scheme.

I dont get alot of Giants games out here...but I get all the Bears games and I have to say I was very impressed with Jones' ability to fake and sell runs.

There were several plays in the Bears game where the Defense had zero idea which way the ball was going or who had it.

Even when they cleaned their shit up and began to stay home on the edges in the second they looked lost.

C. Wagon

He's day to day. If he comes back, I doubt we are going to see bootlegs on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

C. Wagon

Early in the game Jones was faking out the camera guy...   It does really help when he is handing it to Saquon and that draws all eyes to see what he is going to do.

You will at least get to see the game Sunday, but will be an early start!    Bloody Mary's on order

2 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Early in the game Jones was faking out the camera guy...   It does really help when he is handing it to Saquon and that draws all eyes to see what he is going to do.

You will at least get to see the game Sunday, but will be an early start!    Bloody Mary's on order

Well...a creditable RB helps a ton..but go back and watch...Chicago's ends and edges bit hard on most every drive into the line...and he really did a great job of hiding the ball inmo.

Even after Jones was ripping off 15 and 20 yards runs they still never new he had it. 

We also get every Packer game out here...so I would have gotten the London game anyway.

This has driven me nuts since the 70s...anytime the Gman would be on MNF...like one of the only times we'd ever get to see them...3 out of 4 times it would be against Vikes, Bears, Pack..

The sames games I would get if it was at noon on Sunday....it was seemed like we never got Eastern Division games.

C. Wagon

17 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Thanks Jran.

Is it a high ankle deal...or more the foot?

I am not sure one is better than another..but high ankle sprains linger forever.

C. Wagon

My understanding is it's a high ankle sprain... no way he should be playing Sunday..

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That will be for than a week then Prince.

Shit.

C. Wagon

I'm hoping Webb gets a chance though.. I love DJ but I want him healthy and everyone is aware of my man-love for Webb.