SportsWrath

Andrew Thomas

BlueInCanada

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean I ain't saying this kid is a half of famer, but he will be. 

But literally throw all the money we have at him.

He's easily the best left tackle the Giants have ever had in franchise history.

He did dominate Bud Dupree. Wasn't even close.

He's definitely got some Pro Bowls in his future.

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

PFF had him ranked the #3 OL in week 1.

Pretty darn good.

The rest of the OL ranked poorly, but hopefully they improve with time. Neal I expect up and downs in his rookie year, so nothing unexpected there.

Wasn’t near instrumental in that long Barkley run?

Our OL seems to play much better on Run vs Pass - YTF is that? Thomas was straight up railroading people. I sure wish Hernandez had panned out - he had so much promise. And also that other dude who came with so much Hype. Fucking poor draft choices - eventhough we did try to fix the OL for years. Its STILL fucking WIP and this pisses me off.

Thomas is becoming the player I thought he would.  I thought he'd have a rough rookie season, but by year 3 would probably be the best tackle of the bunch.  

I really wanted Jedrick Wills since I thought he was the most pro ready and we were "going to evaluate Daniel Jones" that year (remember that one).

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

Looks like you have to go to the link to watch this guy, he does a great job breaking down the Oline tape

Those OL reports are a weekly ritual for me. Great stuff. He does a good job of explaining what he knows vs what he can't know, so the analysis isn't a bunch of hot take garbage.

39 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Those OL reports are a weekly ritual for me. Great stuff. He does a good job of explaining what he knows vs what he can't know, so the analysis isn't a bunch of hot take garbage.

I like his full breakdowns too, but his O line review is superb. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I like ol' Mushmouth Skinner.  Dude has really grown on me, and his analysis of the O-line play is usually pretty decent. 

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Our OL seems to play much better on Run vs Pass - YTF is that? Thomas was straight up railroading people. I sure wish Hernandez had panned out - he had so much promise. And also that other dude who came with so much Hype. Fucking poor draft choices - eventhough we did try to fix the OL for years. Its STILL fucking WIP and this pisses me off.

Run is easier to block

You just pancake people

Whereas pass blocking you need technique

9 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I do not miss Will Hernandez's patented once/twice a week "Spin around in a circle and touch no-one" pass blocking. I'm not an expert in pass blocking but from what I gather your body, at least your hands, need to make CONTACT with the defender for you to block them, hahaha.

I wonder how he's doing in AZ. In general, they did not look good on Sunday.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I do not miss Will Hernandez's patented once/twice a week "Spin around in a circle and touch no-one" pass blocking. I'm not an expert in pass blocking but from what I gather your body, at least your hands, need to make CONTACT with the defender for you to block them, hahaha.

You have to touch them and push back without seeming to hold them

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Ezudu had one of those reps too on Sunday. But, rookie, in first game, so no worries.

I don't think its been discussed yet, but Thomas had a block on Sunday where he took a defensive player and used him as a billiard ball to block another defensive player. It was fucking awesome and it looked intentional.