SportsWrath

Andrew Thomas

BlueInCanada

8 hours ago, mastershake said:

It's too early to be concerned about Neal. NFL pass blocking is harder than run blocking. Thomas too was bad at first as well. I'm confident Neal can put it together.

Remember the backlash?

People were ready to throw Thomas to the curb after year one lol 

I also remember the inverse of this with Will Hernandez. Where he actually had a decent rookie year, and we all thought he was the 2nd coming of Chris Snee. And that never happened. And he was mostly terrible the remainder of his years with the Giants.

Interestingly, he's doing OKAY for the Cardinals so far.

Just now, mastershake said:

I also remember the inverse of this with Will Hernandez. Where he actually had a decent rookie year, and we all thought he was the 2nd coming of Chris Snee. And that never happened.

Change of scenery and decent coaches.

Look at what the coaches were able to do this year with our Oline, they are actually rated highly in run blocking compared to the last five years and better in the passing game.

Sure still plenty of room for improvement but it's amazing what a competent coaching staff can do with the correct pay calling.  

31 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I also remember the inverse of this with Will Hernandez. Where he actually had a decent rookie year, and we all thought he was the 2nd coming of Chris Snee. And that never happened. And he was mostly terrible the remainder of his years with the Giants.

29 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Change of scenery and decent coaches.

Look at what the coaches were able to do this year with our Oline, they are actually rated highly in run blocking compared to the last five years and better in the passing game.

Sure still plenty of room for improvement but it's amazing what a competent coaching staff can do with the correct pay calling.  

I agree with BiC

A change in scenery and new/better coaching

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

dudes in a league of his own 

I don’t understand how the whole ranking works but it’s great to see.  If Neal can get close to AT next year we are bound for greatness.  Thanks to DG for drafting AT and getting extra picks for Neal.  

hehe